Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Norv Turner Resigns - 11/2/16

Stunner: Vikings' OC Norv has resigned, league sources tell ESPN.
    Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer

Norv Turner Resigns as Vikings OC: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction
    By Mike Chiari , Featured Columnist Nov 2, 2016
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...s-and-reaction

Ben Goessling ESPN Staff Writer

The Vikings announced in a statement that Pat Shurmur will be the interim offensive coordinator following Norv Turner's resignation. Shurmur passed up interest from the Rams this offseason to become the Vikings' tight ends coach.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 11-02-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Norv Turner resigns as Vikings OC

Just saw this on Star-Trib website. Pat Shurmer named interim OC. I for one, won't miss Vanilla Norv.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

This is really shocking news. I have been pretty disappointed with our idiotic decisions to go deep so often and to do a hurry up offense without good enough personnel to pull it off, but this is crazy.

He must have had a serious disagreement with someone.

Max Vike posted this about same time. Admn feel free to delete this thread. Sorry fellas.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Anyone who wanted to see some imagination in offense probably had a disagreement with him. I've never been a Turner fan, even before we got him. Way over-rated in my opinion. Hasn't done anything much since Aikman and the 'Boys heydays. Our offense has been predictable and vanilla for the past couple years so I'm not sad to see him go. We needed a shake-up. Now get rid of Clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    This is really shocking news. I have been pretty disappointed with our idiotic decisions to go deep so often and to do a hurry up offense without good enough personnel to pull it off, but this is crazy.

He must have had a serious disagreement with someone.
    Norv's push it downfield, play action offense works with a running game and a solid offensive line. Vikes have neither, and, my guess is that Zimmer held him accountable and demanded more production/change...and Norv said, "have at it, I'm outa here."

I think Shurmur was brought to succeed Turner anyway. The recent stubbornness to execute the core offense vs. adjust it to the current players/situation led to the acceleration of Shurmur assuming the position...just my POV.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Well at least we have something to talk about besides the last crappy two weeks of play. Just looking for the bright side.

WWBGD

8. My guess is he was given the option to resign or be fired and he took the admirable route.

We've plummeted to 10 on Power Rankings today. Seems like everyone is jumping off the Vikings ship like rats off a sinking frigate. Even with our warts, I still think we can compete. But the offense has to make it to at least the middle of the pack to make it happen. The defense can't carry them as it stands.

10. I'm anxious to see how Shurmur calls the plays. Now I'm excited I get to go see the game this Sunday for my birthday. Hopefully this shakeup makes the players realize that there are no guaranteed positions right now, even in the administration, so they better step up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast