Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. I believe we will start using quick passes to set up the run. CP will be more involved with bubble screens, slants & WR runs. When we do run I see Vikings going with more of a spread formation. I also think Treadwell will start to make an impact. A big physical possesion receiver is what we need to keep the chains moving & open up the deep pass to Diggs. These are things that will keep the defense off balance.

2. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I don't know where you get your information but his offense in SD was always in the top five.
    Take time to look stats up, it only takes a minute.

SD offense 2006 (before turner) 4th in NFL
    SD offense 2007 (with turner) 20th in NFL
    SD offense 2008 (with turner) 11th in NFL
    SD offense 2009 (with turner) 10th in NFL
    SD offense 2010 (with turner) 5th in NFL
    SD offense 2011 (with turner) 1th in NFL
    SD offense 2012 (with turner) 31th in NFL turner fired

Oakland 2003
    (before turner) 5th in NFL
    Oakland 2004(with turner) 17th in NFL
    Oakland 2005(with turner) 21th in NFL turner fired

Minnesota 2013 13th before turner
    Minnesota 2014 27th with turner
    Minnesota 2015 29th with turner
    Minnesota 2016 31th with turner turner quits/fired

when , when has this "respected" OC been any good?

he has destroyed the offenses on three teams...he has been living off a rep he got with a bunch of HOFers at dallas.

just terrible

3. Same old bullshit from this team, just gave us some hope after a 5-0 start. When you're defense picks off Stafford and gets down to the Lions 10 yard line, you fucking score. You don't have bonehead play after bonehead play and back yourselves up so far that you have to punt the damn ball.

Bradford has regressed each week since the bye, and now the defense has for whatever reason forgot how to tackle. Teams run on will, and when an opposing team needs a big play its either completed, PI, or illegal hands to the face. Nice letdown guys.

I have a very hard time thinking that every other team in the league has gotten better the past 3 weeks, so it's easy to say that the Vikings have regressed. If we played like this the first 5 weeks, we would be battling Cleveland for the #1 draft pick. I'm just sick of this team always finding a way to fall on their faces. Starting to feel like a Cubs fan, except 40 years ago. It's no wonder people talk shit about this team and bash them, they bring it on themselves. They deserve everything everyone says about them. They started 5-0, now they will be lucky to finish 3rd in the division..

4. Does Bradford know how to throw a ball away? He takes sacks for huge losses constantly. He holds onto the ball way to damn long for not being a scrambling QB. I don't think I have seen a team regress this badly overall in my life. At this point you wonder how they have even won a single game this year let alone their first 5. To get dominated by the pathetic 1 win Bears team, and now the 4-4 Lions, both divisional opponents is just plain unacceptable.

I can't even take joy out of the Pukers falling on their asses and keeping us one game up. Rodgers will find a way to get it together while the Viking ship sinks to an 8-8 record. Bradford missed a couple throws but he actually played fairly well and the offense showed some improvement, but not scoring after the pick and failing on the fourth and one killed any production they should have had. Top that off with several defensive lapses and a kicker who has his head up his ass and you get a loss.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

6. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Bradford missed a couple throws but he actually played fairly well and the offense showed some improvement, but not scoring after the pick and failing on the fourth and one killed any production they should have had. Top that off with several defensive lapses and a kicker who has his head up his ass and you get a loss.
    Best summary I've read so far...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I can't even take joy out of the Pukers falling on their asses and keeping us one game up. Rodgers will find a way to get it together while the Viking ship sinks to an 8-8 record. Bradford missed a couple throws but he actually played fairly well and the offense showed some improvement, but not scoring after the pick and failing on the fourth and one killed any production they should have had. Top that off with several defensive lapses and a kicker who has his head up his ass and you get a loss.
    Well said. It goes along with my nephew's main comment about the Vikings' OT loss vs. Detroit: the "inability to finish drives". I think injuries are certainly the main reason why the team is struggling now. During the first 5 weeks of the season, it was evident that the offensive line had major issues. This problem, however, was masked by the defense's ability to force turnovers and turn them into points that helped the team get to 5-0 before the bye week.

Since the bye week, the Vikings' defense has not forced as many turnovers, and the team has had few, if any, points scored off turnovers. Put that with a poor, injury-riddled offensive line and an ineffective rushing attack, and you have a 0-3 record following the 5-0 start and the bye week. As long as the offensive line and running game issues remain, the Vikings defense will need to generate points off turnovers to win games consistently. Otherwise, the team will likely follow what happened to the Atlanta Falcons last year, and will miss the playoffs.

8. Quote Originally Posted by johnkdbr View Post
    I believe we will start using quick passes to set up the run. CP will be more involved with bubble screens, slants & WR runs. When we do run I see Vikings going with more of a spread formation. I also think Treadwell will start to make an impact. A big physical possesion receiver is what we need to keep the chains moving & open up the deep pass to Diggs. These are things that will keep the defense off balance.
    I've been posting about the need, and, the fit of our personnel, for the migration to the quick/short passing game for a long time. The point really is to get the ball in the hands of our quick guys like Thielen and Diggs. Patterson is an emerging force, who is FINALLY looking like he's committed enough to use his immense talent. Let's not forget, Diggs, according to this link http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/st...ed-in-the-nfl/ has posted the fastest speed in the League this year.

Point being, Thielen, Patterson, and Diggs are all capable playmakers. Diggs is acknowledged by his peers as a great route runner, Patterson's talent is emergin, and I'll take Thielen on my Team all day long. Honestly, I'm not too worried about the WRs as it relates to offense.

My worry lies with the RBs and OLine. I'm actually more optimistic about the OLine than I am about our RB talent. Wait...really? No, not as it relates to the running game...so, is our shittly OLine the reason our RBs are shitty?

Well, regardless of rhetoric, if the Vikes can manage to win 2 out of 3 aspects in any given game, they have a chance.

Fast forward to Redskins game...Josh Norman is a great CB, however, I think our guys can challenge him with their quickness. This simply has got to be the theme going forward...if it's obvious to me, I think Shurmur will make it happen.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

This is going to be craziest America's Game with the Vikings the world has ever seen #stillbelieve

Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    This is going to be craziest America's Game with the Vikings the world has ever seen #stillbelieve
    #SKOL

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123