Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sunday's game

1. The Vikings have got to be the all-time leaders of heartbreaking, last minute losses... So frustrating.

Walsh has now lost 2 of our last 9 games...I don't know if there is a better option out there, but, dammit, that ain't good enough.

Zimmer, after the game, took the blame for the play that set up the 58 yard field goal...regrets not rushing four.

Stafford has an uncanny ability to win games late...it's really remarkable.

I thought Shurmur called a good game. His play calling was not the reason the Vikes PUNTED AFTER STARTING A POSSESSION IN THE RED ZONE...the players simply have got to execute better in the Red Zone. Killed us in Philly and today. That said, I liked how Hillman was used today, Thielen and Diggs have amazing hands - Charles Johnson, where are you??? Patterson, as Moose pointed out today, has taken a major step...but, gotta catch that pass in the end zone young man.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Walsh has got to go. I can't imagine going into the playoffs and counting on him.
    That kick that was blocked was going WAY left

Offense stepped it up today. Zimmer should have ate more clock before the last score = game over

Vikings are the University of Kentucky of the NFL. Build you up then rip your heart out.
    I know.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

3. This game gave me a glimmer of hope. The O'Line played a little better. We still have the lead in the division. We actually had a couple of runs that went for more than 1 yard. A couple more plays a game and we can win a few more. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Yes I always drink the purple cool aid. Skol.

Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    Walsh has got to go. I can't imagine going into the playoffs and counting on him.
    That kick that was blocked was going WAY left

Offense stepped it up today. Zimmer should have ate more clock before the last score = game over

Vikings are the University of Kentucky of the NFL. Build you up then rip your heart out.
    I know.

I don't think they can get rid of Walsh now

Vikes would take an additional 1.5 mil hit on the cap for the remainder of Walsh's prorated signing bonus and there is only 261 k of space left in their cap from plugging other injury holes

Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    This game gave me a glimmer of hope. The O'Line played a little better. We still have the lead in the division. We actually had a couple of runs that went for more than 1 yard. A couple more plays a game and we can win a few more. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. Yes I always drink the purple cool aid. Skol.
    I agree. Bradford played pretty well and the play calling was way better under Shumer. Fact is we should have won this game. We were in a position to do so and didn't get it done. Unfortunately Walsh is with us for the rest of the year however I think Zim will only use him if there is no other choice. I hope they are practicing fake field goal plays.

WWBGD

6. Play calling was way-way better with Shurmer than Turner the 2 weeks prior. We have to work with what we have, and that means an extremely weak OLine since injuries have decimated what was already our biggest weakness. The quick strike attack we saw actually gave me some hope and Bradford did complete more than 75% of his passes...tho short, this puts the ball in the hands of playmakers and sets them up with a chance to make plays after the catch.

Walsh is sucking but we're stuck with him too. On top of our cap strap, it just isn't very likely that any kicker we bring in mid season will be an upgrade anyway. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that something in his head will click and he'll be back to making 50+ yarders. Perhaps, there's something else off there too...didn't we replace our LS and holder a year or two ago?

The D has been slipping late in games, but they have also been giving the TEAM a chance to take a lead early and the O just hasn't been able to get anything done. I think they'll be fine if we can just produce a bit more on the other side.

Charles Johnson is done as a Viking after this year. He's caught less than half of his targets whether he's open or not, which doesn't happen very often. Diggs, Thielen, and CP are some ballers! At this point, I think Treadwell has moved up past CJ, not sure why he's even active anymore...?

Asiata has stepped up but McKinnon can't seem to get going...I'm guessing he's too dinged up? I had high hopes for Jet to be our Sproles-type change of pace guy and take work from Peterson, and he's not doing much with the limited work he gets behind Asiata. Something is amiss there.

Tough sledding ahead, but also all games that are winnable with the right coaching/game plan, and just a bit better execution all around.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Play calling was way-way better with Shurmer than Turner the 2 weeks prior. We have to work with what we have, and that means an extremely weak OLine since injuries have decimated what was already our biggest weakness. The quick strike attack we saw actually gave me some hope and Bradford did complete more than 75% of his passes...tho short, this puts the ball in the hands of playmakers and sets them up with a chance to make plays after the catch.

Walsh is sucking but we're stuck with him too. On top of our cap strap, it just isn't very likely that any kicker we bring in mid season will be an upgrade anyway. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that something in his head will click and he'll be back to making 50+ yarders. Perhaps, there's something else off there too...didn't we replace our LS and holder a year or two ago?

The D has been slipping late in games, but they have also been giving the TEAM a chance to take a lead early and the O just hasn't been able to get anything done. I think they'll be fine if we can just produce a bit more on the other side.

Charles Johnson is done as a Viking after this year. He's caught less than half of his targets whether he's open or not, which doesn't happen very often. Diggs, Thielen, and CP are some ballers! At this point, I think Treadwell has moved up past CJ, not sure why he's even active anymore...?

Asiata has stepped up but McKinnon can't seem to get going...I'm guessing he's too dinged up? I had high hopes for Jet to be our Sproles-type change of pace guy and take work from Peterson, and he's not doing much with the limited work he gets behind Asiata. Something is amiss there.

Tough sledding ahead, but also all games that are winnable with the right coaching/game plan, and just a bit better execution all around.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    My thoughts on the Lions game:

1. I'll take 31 for 40 for 273 yards from Bradford any time!

2. Like it or not, I think we're stuck with Walsh for the rest of the year. Perhaps the change in LS and holder is a factor. However, it seems to be either a mechanics or confidence issue with him. He just needs to kick the ball in practice, and have somebody watch him.

3. If Bradford can keep getting rid of the ball early, as he did in the Lions game, this will help the offense. However, this requires converting third downs and finishing drives, preferably with touchdowns. If Charles Johnson is struggling, it may be time to get Treadwell out there and see if he can help the offense, even in a limited role. This will also take pressure off the defense, otherwise the defense would need to go back to forcing turnovers and scoring points off them.

4. I agree that McKinnon just doesn't look right, and I think it's because he's hurt. The running game will be limited by the performance of the banged-up offensive line. Hillman needs to play more!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234