Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INJURIES!

I predicted on another thread that it would be at least a 2nd rounder for Joe. For a 31 year old though it seems steep

2. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    This is a great signing. I would love to see us make a run at Joe Thomas is he is on the block ... but Long is very tehnically sound if he is phyiscally put together and ready to play.
    The headline I saw the other day was that the injuries and additions have pushed us close to the salary cap. I think it was on the official website.

Not sure how many more moves we have in our back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    The headline I saw the other day was that the injuries and additions have pushed us close to the salary cap. I think it was on the official website.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...7-74aa94d034a0

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post

Yeah ... we are definitely up against it, but in trades there is always a way to shuffle money around and make it good for next year.

Obviously a Joe Thomas move is quite the longshot with the money and the amount to give involved. But, if there is ANY way to make it happen it could be the final piece.

As a big fan of the SF Giants, I can say we were certainly in the running for Aroldis Chapman, didn't have the ammo the Cubs had, but we have a repoire with the Yanks and had some pieces they like ... we chose not to pull the trigger. Had the Giants pulled that trigger, I think it is very likely they are still playing and the favorites.

Sometimes that one move is the difference in one season ... and someone like Joe Thomas certainly could be that.
    Last edited by midgensa; 10-12-2016 at 02:39 PM.

5. Spielman: Injuries Pushing Vikings Toward Salary Cap Limit
    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...7-74aa94d034a0

Weve dealt with a lot of injuries, Spielman said during a session with Twin Cities media members on Tuesday. I think were almost at, or right around, $33 million that are on injured reserve, which is a pretty significant piece of your player costs, at this point. I think that just like the coaches, players, this whole building has a no-excuse mentality; weve tried to do everything we can.
    The $33 million is approximately 21 percent of the roughly $156 million cap figure for 2016
    I think last week we were under $50,000 in cap room, and I think Rob, with his little magic wand, was able to create some cap room so we could get Jake Long [signed], Spielman said. But again, were pretty much strapped against the cap right now with the amount of money we have on IR and what were able to do going forward.

Anyone heard what the latest is with AP? Is the coming back this year?

7. Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    Anyone heard what the latest is with AP? Is the coming back this year?
    Earliest would probably be sometime in December, if at all. He is on the sideline at games, so I believe he thinks he is going to return this season. Those out for the season usually stay home.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    Earliest would probably be sometime in December, if at all. He is on the sideline at games, so I believe he thinks he is going to return this season. Those out for the season usually stay home.
    During the game, didn't they say he was going to start pool work as part of rehab. That was 2 weeks ago.

I would put money on it that he is back by mid December.

Yeah as hope that both AP and TB both come back good and strong and new as ever in 2017!
    Ready for Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12