Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ESPN Insider: Vikings defense can carry them to a Super Bowl

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/stor...liber-nfl-2016

I was saying before the season that Bridgewater was not good enough to get us there UNLESS we had an all time type defense, which we MIGHT have.

Now, I think similarly about Bradford, but I know we MIGHT have an all time type defense!

2. The really impressive thing is, they just keep getting better, no letup.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

3. Warner on NFLN, said that Bradford can make all the throws and is better in this offense than Teddy. Then he said, maybe Teddy can be that guy in the future. He made it sound like Teddy is the back up potentially next year. Found that interesting, not that it wasn't obvious, just that someone was going to say that. There was no reason to say that about next year, he could have just talked about the current team.

Teddy as a back up would not be a bad thing. He will get to learn more under Bradford. Then we can potentially trade him for a high pick if Bradford carries on protecting the ball and makes key throws like he is now

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Warner on NFLN, said that Bradford can make all the throws and is better in this offense than Teddy. Then he said, maybe Teddy can be that guy in the future. He made it sound like Teddy is the back up potentially next year. Found that interesting, not that it wasn't obvious, just that someone was going to say that. There was no reason to say that about next year, he could have just talked about the current team.
    If Teddy has progressed at all in his second year, then comments like these would not be made.

His complete stagnation plus what you see in the eye test means this injury simply opened the door for him to be exposed. Another QB has come in an put up numbers Teddy could only dream of. He is going to have to be a backup if these numbers persist.

if we had the dink/dunk feed AP the ball O that was scheduled for this year.. I would say the D would NEED to carry us to the SB! with Sammy throwing 20, 30+ yard darts, as well as the dink/dunk and we're building a spread O that is able to change tempo on a dime. this is getting to be an effecient O. now. when AP comes back.. please pleaes pleaes Norv, keep your current game plans, AND utilize AP.. don't slide back to feed the beast, but let him Feed when there is only 5/6 guys int he box!

With our O, healthy and going strong.. the D doesn't have to carry us, but they will punish whoever is against us!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Zimmer is a master motivator, he's a Parcells Mini-Me. With him it's all about the team, not individual stats, only the "W". The pieces are in place, and they are working like a machine on all pistons. It really is a beautiful thing to behold.

Qui tacet, consentit.

found this gem of a pic..
    Attachment 657

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Quote Originally Posted by digital420 View Post
    if we had the dink/dunk feed AP the ball O that was scheduled for this year.. I would say the D would NEED to carry us to the SB! with Sammy throwing 20, 30+ yard darts, as well as the dink/dunk and we're building a spread O that is able to change tempo on a dime. this is getting to be an effecient O. now. when AP comes back.. please pleaes pleaes Norv, keep your current game plans, AND utilize AP.. don't slide back to feed the beast, but let him Feed when there is only 5/6 guys int he box!

With our O, healthy and going strong.. the D doesn't have to carry us, but they will punish whoever is against us!

DiGiTaL
    It is a pretty interesting thought to have Peterson come back and not HAVE to use him. What if he was on the field and got a fake to him four out of five times or something? I'm just spitballing here, but I think there could be some very interesting wrinkles thrown in...as long as there isn't this mentality that he has to get fed the ball.

10. Not sure why I put the Warner comment in this thread. Oh well.

Defense is awesome, only getting better. Thank gawd that we have been healthy on that side of the ball. They will have to carry us. We are about out of salary cap room to make any significant additions on O.

Hitman Harry for President.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast