Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McKinnon

Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    Do you really see us keeping AP next year?
    nope i see us drafting someone in the 2nd or 3rd round next year
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Unless he is willing to take a big pay cut (to about $4-5 mil a year)

3. Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    Unless he is willing to take a big pay cut (to about $4-5 mil a year)
    a 5 million pay cut is still 13 million, they won't go for that. if Peterson wants to stick around he will earn about ten, eleven million tops. They won't pay any more than that for him. So it probably comes down to, will he take that or will another team step up and pay more? No team is going to take a 31 year old RB coming off a knee injury and pay him more than the Vikings. my inclination is he will be back for about nine or ten million and a one million dollar signing bonus for one year, but that is just a guess. If I were to guess about a contract it would probably be for four years, 34 million with a 2 or 3 million signing bonus. I am guessing about 13 million guaranteed. He would receive 10 million in 2017 and then 9M, 8M, 7M in the following seasons. That way he could be cut after the 2018 season and it wouldn't have any effect against the cap.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I meant bring him down to 4/5 mill a year. He will be in line with other top RBs in the league then

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    a 5 million pay cut is still 13 million, they won't go for that. if Peterson wants to stick around he will earn about ten, eleven million tops. They won't pay any more than that for him. So it probably comes down to, will he take that or will another team step up and pay more? No team is going to take a 31 year old RB coming off a knee injury and pay him more than the Vikings. my inclination is he will be back for about nine or ten million and a one million dollar signing bonus for one year, but that is just a guess. If I were to guess about a contract it would probably be for four years, 34 million with a 2 or 3 million signing bonus. I am guessing about 13 million guaranteed. He would receive 10 million in 2017 and then 9M, 8M, 7M in the following seasons. That way he could be cut after the 2018 season and it wouldn't have any effect against the cap.
    I kind of fall in this boat. I think he WILL be a Viking next year because I think he will be willing to take the pay cut down to around 8 million.

This of course depends on McKinnon the rest of the season. If he develops into something special, then AD may have no choice but to look elsewhere.

6. Winning team makes people think twice about staying with a pay cut or moving on.

I hope we win win win......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12