Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. How can Vikings fans be excited abouth the win over the Packers?

We are talking about a packers team that currently ranks 29th in total offense, 27th in passer rating, 27th in passing yards and 31st in yards/attempt. A packers team that has given up 6 sacks through 2 games with a qb who looks lost on the field. Wow those stats felt good to post about the Pack and hell ya I'm excited about the win. SKOL

2. Packers are done!

Quote Originally Posted by Easy2Bbisonfan View Post
    We are talking about a packers team that currently ranks 29th in total offense, 27th in passer rating, 27th in passing yards and 31st in yards/attempt. A packers team that has given up 6 sacks through 2 games with a qb who looks lost on the field. Wow those stats felt good to post about the Pack and hell ya I'm excited about the win. SKOL
    Alot of those low number offensive stats are because of the Vikings.

4. I live in WI and have to deal with all the Packer BS. I didn't say anything to anybody at work yesterday until someone asked me why I wasn't all happy. I told them that the win was vs the Packers and they haven't been that great over the last couple of years so it wasn't that big of a victory. That shut them up and I didn't have to say anything else.

5. The Pukers are a rhythm offense and they sat their starters the whole preseason. I wouldn't write them off yet. They have four home games coming up and their bye week comes right after det. Then they have an easy schedule, NYG - W, Dallas - W, Bears - W, At Falcons - W, Colts - W, Titans - W, Redskins - W, Eagles - W. That would make them 10-1 before facing the Texans. They could easily be in first place after this weekend when we play Carolina. The Pukers have an easy schedule compared to us.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    The Pukers are a rhythm offense and they sat their starters the whole preseason. I wouldn't write them off yet. They have four home games coming up and their bye week comes right after det. Then they have an easy schedule, NYG - W, Dallas - W, Bears - W, At Falcons - W, Colts - W, Titans - W, Redskins - W, Eagles - W. That would make them 10-1 before facing the Texans. They could easily be in first place after this weekend when we play Carolina. The Pukers have an easy schedule compared to us.
    Except for two games, their schedule is the exact same as ours. They get the Falcons and the Seahawks while we get the Panthers and the Cardinals. I would call that slightly harder for us, but by no means are they that different of schedules.

We even have the same home/away splits in the AFC South and the NFC East (which I thought was kind of odd, didn't know they did it that way). So, our schedules are very very similar.

I agree we should not write them off, because Rodgers is that damn good and can get hot in a hurry, but trying to start early with an easy schedule argument probably has little merit considering how similar our schedules are.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Holzberg View Post
    I live in WI and have to deal with all the Packer BS. I didn't say anything to anybody at work yesterday until someone asked me why I wasn't all happy. I told them that the win was vs the Packers and they haven't been that great over the last couple of years so it wasn't that big of a victory. That shut them up and I didn't have to say anything else.
    Love it

8. It was a big win, You must win your division if you want to be taken seriously. You must also win at home. You must get to 10 win. Every game is important. In the 70s and early 80s, it was the Bears that you needed to beat, most recently for the last 20 years it has been the Packers. Detroit and the Bucs were just a blip on the radar. Packers are the biggest rival we have because of the most recent battles and how well they have played.

Skol

9. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Except for two games, their schedule is the exact same as ours. They get the Falcons and the Seahawks while we get the Panthers and the Cardinals. I would call that slightly harder for us, but by no means are they that different of schedules.

We even have the same home/away splits in the AFC South and the NFC East (which I thought was kind of odd, didn't know they did it that way). So, our schedules are very very similar.

I agree we should not write them off, because Rodgers is that damn good and can get hot in a hurry, but trying to start early with an easy schedule argument probably has little merit considering how similar our schedules are.
    All I am saying is that they will be probably 10-1 and we will probably have at least two losses by that time. Those two different games are huge and could be the difference between the North crown and a wild card berth. So it will be a big difference as a far as schedules are concerned, remember we won the North division by one game, I will bet you it will be the same this year. Whoever wins the North it will be by only one game.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Packers aren't done by a long shot. Too many good players and they've been around the block. Meanwhile, we have lost our starting QB, RB, and OT. Zim will keep the Viking focused but the road just got a lot harder. There is a whole lot of football left. Can't write anybody off after just two games, except Cleveland and Chicago.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast