Vikings 7.5 point underdogs in Carolina

That line seems a bit crazy dont you think? more than a TD? I know this is a tough game but I think vegas is underestimating the fight this team has in it.

Am I out of line and just being a homer?
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

I was thinking about the possible line yesterday and I was figuring 4 or 5. 7.5 is a lot- probably see that narrow as the week goes by. I think the Panthers will have a tough, hungry defense to deal with. Bookies are looking at Peterson and the lack of offense.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

They get three points alone for being at home ... and hell ... the Panthers in their own house probably get 4.5. If we were on a neutral field they would likely be 4 or 5 point favorites ... so this line makes sense. Might come down a bit ... but not further than 6 I would think.

1) Defending conference champions.
    2) Defending conference champions at home.
    3) Panthers great front 7 against the worst OLine in football (and that OLine just lost its starting left tackle)
    4) No need to stack the box with AP out, better coverage means that terrible OLine will need to hold blocks longer.
    5) Vikings QB still learning the playbook and his receivers.

At 7 points, I take Panthers every day of the week. 7.5 - 8.5 is a no play. I take the Vikes at 9.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Leafman View Post
    3) Panthers great front 7 against the worst OLine in football (and that OLine just lost its starting left tackle)
    4) No need to stack the box with AP out, better coverage means that terrible OLine will need to hold blocks longer.

At 7 points, I take Panthers every day of the week. 7.5 - 8.5 is a no play. I take the Vikes at 9.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN
    i can see ur point. I guess my thinking was 2 of the top NFC teams playing over a TD seems excessive. I mean what would the Giants @ Carolina be? +17? We should be the Giants by at least 20... we always do.
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    i can see ur point. I guess my thinking was 2 of the top NFC teams playing over a TD seems excessive. I mean what would the Giants @ Carolina be? +17? We should be the Giants by at least 20... we always do.
    Well keep in mind that Vegas lines are not what the oddsmakers think the score differential of the game will be, it is where they think the pro gambler money will fall somewhat evenly on both sides. In your example, every informed oddsmaker might *think* the Vikings will beat the Giants by 13-17 points, but they will probably put the line at Vikings -7, because they know at -7.5 they will get a large sum of bets from New York gamblers that will expose them to a Giants cover. The lines are financial management, not score predictions.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

The line represents an over reaction IMO. Sure we lost AP, but he's contributed what, 30 yds in two games? We're still 2-0 against some fairly stout competition. Asiata and McKinnon aren't chopped liver
    Also, Kalil has been shit so far. I don't see a huge downside bringing someone else in.

Don't get me wrong. I can't see coming home with a W, but it should be close.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Leafman View Post
    I would say that's a pretty good assessment.

Yeah, that Vegas line is ridiculous to me. Vikings by 4.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!