Thread: Trae Waynes

Trae Waynes

I like the fight this kid has. The best QB in football was going at him all day and he had very little help over the top. In the end he kept fighting and comes up with the play of the game. Sure he had a few PIs but one of them was total crap. When he gets beat its not deep cause no one is running by him. Never put his head down just kept fighting. Was so happy for him when he made that INT. Hes young and has room to grow but I like what I see. We got fighters all over this defense.
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    I like the fight this kid has. The best QB in football was going at him all day and he had very little help over the top. In the end he kept fighting and comes up with the play of the game. Sure he had a few PIs but one of them was total crap. When he gets beat its not deep cause no one is running by him. Never put his head down just kept fighting. Was so happy for him when he made that INT. Hes young and has room to grow but I like what I see. We got fighters all over this defense.
    I thought he played pretty well last night and the interception was fantastic.

I think he gets picked on a bit, but with a healthy Rhodes, these four guys are a very legitimate set of corners. I am excited about the future of Waynes for sure.

A lot of the grabbing he was doing that got him in trouble didn't even seem necessary, his speed would've been enough. I wonder if they'll give him the boxing gloves in practice like they did for Rhodes.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

I hope not, he was a very tight, grabby cover corner in college, that's his style. And I think Zimmer will gladly take the physical play and grabby penalties if he makes game-winning big plays to go with them as he did on Sunday.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

5. I just hope he learns to get his head turned around and play the ball better. He has all the physical talent, but needs better field awareness and to learn to track the receiver with his peripheral vision while keeping his eye on the qb and ball better.

He sure did today!

I like the points in the OP. He doesn't look like he gets down. Frustrated? Sure, with his play and PIs. But he keeps going at it and never seems to be out of position. And for his Deion tackling ability. He hasn't looked like that at all. I think we got a solid crew. Rhodes looked to limp a couple times the camera was on him and he still played well.

7. A lot of those sacks were coverage sacks and Cam wasn't able to scramble out of there. Doing well in the backfield, nice to see Rhodes back even if he might not be 100%

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    A lot of those sacks were coverage sacks and Cam wasn't able to scramble out of there. Doing well in the backfield, nice to see Rhodes back even if he might not be 100%
    Rhodes was a BEAST yesterday. I think that all of these guys are doing their job in coverage for the most part. This allows the safety blitz every now and then and the all out pressure that Griffen, Barr, Robison, Hunter, Johnson and Joseph can bring.