Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP Injury

I'm so glad it's not worse. I don't see anybody here saying we don't need AP any more, but I was seeing a lot of chatter other places about his 1.5 yards per carry being easy to replace. It's pretty obvious why Peterson can't run anywhere and it's obvious how it benefits the rest of the team so I'm pretty annoyed by that take.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    I'm so glad it's not worse. I don't see anybody here saying we don't need AP any more, but I was seeing a lot of chatter other places about his 1.5 yards per carry being easy to replace. It's pretty obvious why Peterson can't run anywhere and it's obvious how it benefits the rest of the team so I'm pretty annoyed by that take.
    It isn't the 1.5 yards/ carry that can't be replaced. It's the fact that he draws enough defenders into the box to allow the passing game to work, despite poor pass protection.
    The fear I have is there will be 7 in the box and the Vikings will still only average 1.5 yards/ carry due to nonexistent run blocking, and they will double cover Diggs.
    The more optimistic perspective is Norv can use Mckinnon, Diggs, and Rudolph more effectively in the short passing game to set up the shots over the top.

3. As the OL digresses, the need to stack the box will diminish and having AP in the backfield will not be fearful to any defense

4. PrimeTime 21 stated that things changed when Peterson went out. They pulled the guys from the box and started to defend the pass. Peterson makes a difference.

KFAN idiots calling in today were stating we are better off without Peterson. Not true.

5. Well...we have our answer. Vikings RB Adrian Peterson to have surgery, may miss 3-4 months...not a good outcome, but, the team will fight, for sure.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-torn-meniscus
    Last edited by MaxVike; 09-21-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

6. The link I read says 6 months recovery, whatever, it's a season without AD no doubt.

What's Ray Rice up to?
    Last edited by %thWave; 09-21-2016 at 01:06 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by %thWave View Post
    The link I read says 6 months recovery, whatever, it's a season without AD no doubt.

What's Ray Rice up to?
    Vikes signed Ronnie Hillman

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

8. Quote Originally Posted by %thWave View Post
    The link I read says 6 months recovery, whatever, it's a season without AD no doubt.
    Depends on whether they can repair the meniscus or not. A repair will be around 3 months before a return to sporting activities. If they can't repair it, they will remove it, and he can return to sporting activities in about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    It isn't the 1.5 yards/ carry that can't be replaced. It's the fact that he draws enough defenders into the box to allow the passing game to work, despite poor pass protection.
    The fear I have is there will be 7 in the box and the Vikings will still only average 1.5 yards/ carry due to nonexistent run blocking, and they will double cover Diggs.
    This exactly. Peterson's production isn't what we'll miss, it's the fact that defenses know the only way to stop him is to stack the box, hit him early and and prevent him from getting a head of steam, and this defensive strategy opens up a lot for us in the passing game.

That has now changed. My feeling is McKinnon and Asiata will now have decent numbers and the running game will look vastly improved, but at the expense of the passing game and our ability to move the chains.

The only significant "positive" to losing AP is that our offense becomes much less predictable, as both McKinnon and Asiata can pick up blitzes and catch the ball out of the backfield.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12