Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP Injury

1. AP Injury

WIth the knee injury, what do you think the vikes will do if he is out for an extended time?

I for one thought Jhurell Pressley looked pretty good in the preseason and thought for sure he would have earned a spot. Ham is OK, but I liked Jhurell's quickness. He was released from the Packers, but might be going back there. Maybe we can sneak in and grab him back.

2. Asiata and McKinnon are a good combo.

We need to fix our run blocking. Nobody will command 8 in the box like AP. Means Bradford has to do better than he did last night. Whether AP had a lot of yard or not, Bradford benefited.

What is the extend of APs injury? I need to scour the wire for info.

3. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Asiata and McKinnon are a good combo.

We need to fix our run blocking. Nobody will command 8 in the box like AP. Means Bradford has to do better than he did last night. Whether AP had a lot of yard or not, Bradford benefited.

MRI was scheduled for this morning, but no announcement yet.

http://www.12up.com/posts/3809127-re...rb?a_aid=40241

Holding out hope that these are good signs!

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    http://www.12up.com/posts/3809127-re...rb?a_aid=40241

Holding out hope that these are good signs!
    Of course there is this also ...

http://nesn.com/2016/09/vikings-adri...ee-per-report/

Torn meniscus. Just saw the report on SI.com. Not sure what prognosis is. Took Derrick Rose a good while before he was back.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

7. Mike Zimmer: Adrian Peterson's injury diagnosed as torn meniscus
    If Peterson can't go on Sunday, that means that Matt Asiata and Jerick McKinnon will play instead

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer revealed on Monday that Peterson suffered a torn meniscus during Minnesota's Sunday night win over the Packers. During an interview with KFAN radio in Minneapolis, Zimmer said that despite the injury, he's not going to rule Peterson out for this Sunday's game at Carolina.

8. i like the one two punch of Matt and Mckinnon .

If he is out for 8-10 weeks it won't be a bad thing. A fresh AP going into the business end when its colder will definitely benefit us!

10. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Asiata and McKinnon are a good combo.

The Team is not better without AP...Zimmer's record with AP is 12-5, without him 6-9. The run blocking is awful and concerning, to be sure. The next two weeks, with a new QB, and without AP, will be a stern test, to be sure. But then again...so were the Packers. I think the overall Roster is better now than in the previous 15 games without AP, so, if the line can get it's shit together, I'm still optimistic.

Re: recovery time...lots of hearsay, speculation, opinions on timetable out there. Typical options are partial repair with 4+ weeks rest however, with long term risk to the knee. Total repair takes 4+ months of rest with less long term joint risks. We all know AP is far from typical. With a huge payday on the horizon in '17, I think he'll opt for the partial repair.

Skol Vikings!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast