Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Packers at Vikings predictions

Just saw on CBSSports website that 8 out of 8 of their "expert" analysts have picked Green Bay over Minnesota. Unfortunately, I think they are correct. I think our defense will hold the Packers to around 24 points but our offense won't quite get the job done. Pack 24-13. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'll be cheering the Vikes on though.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

2. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Just saw on CBSSports website that 8 out of 8 of their "expert" analysts have picked Green Bay over Minnesota. Unfortunately, I think they are correct. I think our defense will hold the Packers to around 24 points but our offense won't quite get the job done. Pack 24-13. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I'll be cheering the Vikes on though.
    I will dip my feet in the water first and say the score will be

Vikes - 24
    Pukers - 23

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

packers 17
    Vikes 20

Yes I drink the kool-aid

WWBGD

Packers - 47
    Vikings - 732

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Packers - 47
    Vikings - 732
    Reminds me of the old Chris Farley "Da Bears!" skits on SNL.

Zim- 732, Packers- 47!!!!!!
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

6. Peterson runs for more than 100 yards and Rodgers gets sacked 6 times.
    Vikings 24 Packers 23.

Blog Entries
    Like most I think it will be a close game with less than touchdown in it.
    Vikings 24 Packers 21
    Usual Vikings heart stopping stuff I suspect 😊
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

At this point in the Season, I think we've just got too much unknown re: QB. I'm optimistic Bradford can be better here than he has been anywhere else...but, I'm not be delusional - that doesn't happen overnight. Word is that they won't put Bradford in until he's got the protection calls down...which, apparently, is logic not followed when they threw Josh Freeman to the wolves on a Thursday Night game in 2013 http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/...nts-nfl-week-7

Packers have Rodgers, we have an awesome new home field, but, our D is gonna be without Floyd and Rhodes....but, we have Zimmer. Close game, I'll take the Vikes and 2 1/2 points...Pack 24 - Vikes 23
    Last edited by MaxVike; 09-17-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

9. Norseman

I'm going with my heart here, rather than my head. Three big things working against us, which means I'm betting we break at least two of these ongoing curses, those being:

1. Prime time national broadcast game. Not only do we mostly lose these, we geneally look horrible doing so. It's really no wonder the rest of the league doubts us, because that's almost all they ever see.
    2. Pre-season "expert" predictions have us as a playyoff contender, at least (granted before Teddy's injury). Whenever they like us, we seem to fall flat.

The third thing workiong against us is having this game so early in the season. I'd much prefer to have this matchup in our house later in the year, once our offense is better established.

That being said, everyone wants this game to be a barn-burner, must-watch game. I believe they'll get one. Vikings win in OT on a pick-6, 30-24.
    Last edited by Traveling_Vike; 09-17-2016 at 07:27 AM.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

10. dang, when are Floyd and Rhodes coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    At this point in the Season, I think we've just got too much unknown re: QB. I'm optimistic Bradford can be better here than he has been anywhere else...but, I'm not be delusional - that doesn't happen overnight. Word is that they won't put Bradford in until he's got the protection calls down...which, apparently, is logic not followed when they threw Josh Freeman to the wolves on a Thursday Night game in 2013 http://www.si.com/nfl/audibles/2013/...nts-nfl-week-7

Packers have Rodgers, we have an awesome new home field, but, our D is gonna be without Floyd and Rhodes....but, we have Zimmer. Close game, I'll take the Vikes and 2 1/2 points...Pack 24 - Vikes 23
    ...anyone heard when Floyd and Rhodes are due back on the field?

I'm with you on a lot of things here, too early/too many variables on Offense to get a feel for how we'll do on that side, but i'd feel SO much better about our chances with our D at FULL strength with Floyd & Rhodes back in the mix.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast