1. Who is a better QB Sam Bradford or Taylor Heinecke?

I think it's very close, and when Spielman gets desperate he panics, see Christian Ponder pick #12 in 2011 Draft. No fan or G.M or anybody with a pulse would of taken Ponder there. No one, but a desperate Rick.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

2. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    I think it's very close, and when Spielman gets desperate he panics, see Christian Ponder pick #12 in 2011 Draft. No fan or G.M or anybody with a pulse would of taken Ponder there. No one, but a desperate Rick.
    Definitely a bad pick, he had a high second round grade, a big reach. But name me one Gm who needs a QB that hasn't reached. I loved Robert Quinn in that draft, i thought we should have drafted him and traded back into the first round if we really wanted Ponder. I thought we could have gotten him around 25-30. Knowing Spielman's MO that would have made sense for that draft.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    I haven't seen enough of Hienke but what I did see I liked. I thought he had a good pocket presence, decent footwork, he needs work but coming from ODU you are going to have to expect that. I like his velocity and accuracy but that is just from a small sample.

My questions are how well does he read his progressions. In preseason you see vanilla defenses, like Dak Prescott did this year. Can he recognize defenses, pre snap reads, those are my concerns for Heinke. I think he has all the physical tools. Bradford has proven he can do all that even if he is just an above average QB. Heinke lost so much money and playing time acting like an idiot. I hope he can come back and perform, I thought he had a better preseason than Bridgewater two years ago.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

This thread should be deleted...this isn't Twitter

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    This thread should be deleted...this isn't Twitter

Just really hate that Teddy B got injured. But really if Shaun Hill starts messing up, time to put in Sam Bradford!
    Ready for Christmas!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Steelguitar,

Right after the Vikings drafted Ponder, my brother called me. He wanted the Vikings to draft Jake Locker, but Locker was already drafted. I had wanted Ryan Mallett, but the Vikings chose Ponder instead. For what it's worth, my brother and I agreed it was a "compromise" pick. Given the Vikings' CRUCIAL need at QB back then, we thought Ponder to be a Chad Pennington type pick. We were OK with it.

I admit I'm no good judge of QB's - I know Spielman does a MUCH better job of picking players (including QB's) than I ever could! I'm going to trust the front office, that they know what they're doing. We have a pretty good team now - if we make the playoffs, we have a chance to get hot and make the Super Bowl!