Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    We gave up a first round pick for Sam Bradford. Enough said.
    Looking like that first round pick will be somewhere in the 29-32 area right now ... not really a valuable 1st round pick. Spielman is looking like more of a genius by the week....

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Sam Bradford will continue to improve. As I said when we signed him, he will shine in this environment and Teddy will have a hard time winning back the starting job. Sam is bigger, more accurate and has way more arm strength, and a quicker release. I personally do not think we would be 5-0 with Teddy at the helm. If Bradford continues to perform at the present level I think Teddy will have two or three years to recover fully before starting.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Sam Bradford will continue to improve. As I said when we signed him, he will shine in this environment and Teddy will have a hard time winning back the starting job. Sam is bigger, more accurate and has way more arm strength, and a quicker release. I personally do not think we would be 5-0 with Teddy at the helm. If Bradford continues to perform at the present level I think Teddy will have two or three years to recover fully before starting.
    Teddy will likely leave if that is the case. We will not pick up his fifth year option for the ridiculous amount of money it will be. So, if Bradford is good enough to start over him next season, he will be good to start over him the season after that, which means Teddy will walk and start somewhere else.

Now, a ton can happen in the NFL ... so Teddy certainly could be the starter come day one next year ... but as Bradford shows how good he can be with actual weapons (same ones that Teddy had, BTW) on a regular basis, Teddy gets further and further from ever taking another snap in purple.

Some people are built like NFL QBs and just need the right situation, Bradford was one of those. He is not so good that he fits anywhere, but he is VERY GOOD with the right fit. My guess is he is the QB for the Vikes for the next five to 10 years.

4. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I agree. Bradford is who we hoped Teddy would become.

The biggest knock last year was that the O-line was weak and the WRs weren't there for Teddy. (being a Teddy fan this is hard to say) but the O-line is still weak but Bradford is making throws and the WRs have only just improved but Bradford is making them look incredible. I would sign Teddy on a long term deal still as a back up. We know how important good back ups are!

Quote Originally Posted by UKPurple View Post
    The biggest knock last year was that the O-line was weak and the WRs weren't there for Teddy. (being a Teddy fan this is hard to say) but the O-line is still weak but Bradford is making throws and the WRs have only just improved but Bradford is making them look incredible. I would sign Teddy on a long term deal still as a back up. We know how important good back ups are!
    I think Teddy could be a phenomenal backup ... and he certainly could be a starter in this league. I think he thinks he should start, which means a long term deal with him as the backup is very unlikely.

My biggest worry with Teddy as that this injruy will make him even more tentative than he already was. That will be a big problem for him when he comes back. He already struggled to let it rip and now he will be thinking about his knee as well.

This league is funny though, there is no doubt that Bradford could just start sucking for the rest of the season. So, lets hope Teddy gets back healthy and next season we should be golden with the two of them.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456