Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I love this trade for a number of reasons.

Obviously ... I have not expressed a ton of love for Teddy ... but I certainly wish we had not had to deal with this exercise ... BUT ... Bradford is not a step back from Teddy and, personally, I think could be a step up.

Also, a deal like this shows that our front office and coach think we are REALLY good and do not want to throw a season away. They think we can be contenders now and are willing to make the moves to be that.

And ... I have no problem trading the No. 32 pick in the draft
    Agreed... I live in Northern Delaware, in Eagles country. The obnoxious Eagles fans are showing their true ignorant and obnoxious colors. The same fans that were bitching about "mortgaging the future to get a Division II QB" are ridiculing me with nonsense. I told them to enjoy their 3-13 season, among other things.

Skol Vikings!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I love this trade for a number of reasons.

Obviously ... I have not expressed a ton of love for Teddy ... but I certainly wish we had not had to deal with this exercise ... BUT ... Bradford is not a step back from Teddy and, personally, I think could be a step up.

Also, a deal like this shows that our front office and coach think we are REALLY good and do not want to throw a season away. They think we can be contenders now and are willing to make the moves to be that.

And ... I have no problem trading the No. 32 pick in the draft
    +1 I think Sam Bradford will be better than Teddy would have been this year. For one thing he can already throw the deep ball. Second his size is a real plus. And third there is no question about being able to play at a high level. The question with Teddy was always would he be able to step up to a higher level. Bradford is already there.

WWBGD

3. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    The trade makes sense for the Vikes and the Eagles IMHO.
    - We have 2 3rd and 2 4th Round picks in 2017, so, trading up is not out of the question.
    - The Eagles pay $11MM of Bradford's salary this year.
    - 2018 4th Round pick is Conditional
    - Teddy's full recovery isn't guaranteed and could take up to 2 years.
    - TE Coach Pat Shurmur coached Bradford in St. Louis and Philly.
    - Bradford has never played for a good team and can make all the throws...play action long ball is definitely a threat.
    - Demonstrates to existing Team and future potential Free Agents that the Vikes' Leadership is committed to winning.

Downside is definitely Bradford's past health and availability...Vikes clearly were not giving a #2 to Cleveland for McCown and McCarron was not an option.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this trade...I've always liked Bradford and thought he'd be good in the right situation. Hopfully, this is the right situation.

Skol Vikings!!!
    Championship windows tend to be very, very short, and fortunately for us, the Vikings seem to be on the verge of opening one up. This team is just too good to throw 2 seasons away hoping and praying that Teddy can come back strong. And, yes, I do feel like this move is a bit of an indication that we should be nervous about Teddy's recovery timeline and future.

IF he can stay healthy, Bradford may be an improvement, specially on the long ball play action fakes that Turner is known for and a RB like AD can deliver. Check out these two articles on PFF, Sam's #s are eerily close to Teddy's, and better in some areas, but most importantly to me,

Coming off of two injury-wrecked seasons of his own, Bradford played better than commonly assumed in 2015. After shaking off some rust, he was our seventh-highest-graded passer, ranked third in accuracy percentage, and led the league in accuracy percentage while under pressure.
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/fan...radford-trade/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...radford-trade/

Cautiously Optimistic seems the exact right 2 words for this situation.

On a side note, I think people have the Shurmer connection backwards...he helped bring Bradford here by knowing him and his work ethic etc. but, it is not a Shurmer offense and so assuming that connection will ease the learning curve is a mistake in my mind. What will ease the learning curve is that top 5 defense and running game taking real-time in-game pressure off of our new QB.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

4. Here is a link to stats
    Bradford:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BradSa00.htm
    Bridgewater:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...B/BridTe00.htm

Accuracy under pressure??....... He is going to need it or just get the ball away because you are prone to injury and you are not mobile. Stay on the field. Our OL has to be consistently better than last year.

Bradford was accurate last season in Philly, he improved his completion percentage 5 points. He was a 60% guy the first 4 years and last season he was 65%.

Deep ball, I saw glimpses of TB throwing nicely downfield this preseason. Hope Bradford can get on page with our WRs and the Playbook to throw downfield sooner than later.

Strap on the helmet and let's go.

5. I like the trade and hope he stays healthy. If the O'line can protect him and he can learn the playbook quickly we could be very dangerous maybe even win it all. Skol.

6. [QUOTE=thorshammer;1165510]I like the trade and hope he stays healthy. If the O'line can protect him and he can learn the playbook quickly we could be very dangerous maybe even win it all. Skol.[

i was excited for teddy and vikes this year .when teddy went down the wind went out off my sails ...but i like the this pick up ...we have the right formula for success... i feel we are improving in most areas defense o line wr ...and Bradford will get the job done ...DEFENSE WIN CHAMPOINSHIP ..

[QUOTE=akapurpleblood32;1165516]
    Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    I like the trade and hope he stays healthy. If the O'line can protect him and he can learn the playbook quickly we could be very dangerous maybe even win it all. Skol.[

i was excited for teddy and vikes this year .when teddy went down the wind went out off my sails ...but i like the this pick up ...we have the right formula for success... i feel we are improving in most areas defense o line wr ...and Bradford will get the job done ...DEFENSE WIN CHAMPOINSHIP ..
    Best part is Bradford won't be asked too much other than protect the ball. He won't be asked to win the game other than maybe 3 or 4. Otherwise our D and run game should handle most. I think Bradford can handle that.

Well he is only there it seems for one year. As hopefully Teddy Bridgewater will recover from his injury. Sorry for him.
    Ready for Christmas!

I think Vikes front office and coaching staff did about as good as they could do with what was available on the QB market. I've never been down on Bradford. He was hurt in St. Louis and not a good fit in Philly. He could be Cunningham reincarnated. I'd rater have Bradford than anyone else that was being talked about, except for AJ McCarron, and that wasn't happening.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

If the rest of the Vikings team performs well, they might not need the quarterback to do much more than manage the game. And that's exactly how the Vikings are built- ball control and defense. There have been several less than stellar QBs that have won Super Bowl rings. Think about Dilfer, Plunkett, B. Johnson, Namath, Stabler, McMahon, Theisman, Rypien, Bradshaw, D. Williams. Most of those guys had below average stats and threw about as many INTs vs. TDs over their careers. If Bradford can take advantage of the team around him, the Vikings still can compete for the division.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast