Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Hello Sam Bradford

For a 1st in 2017 and a 4th in 2018,

2. I like the trade a lot honestly. It's a gamble, but all situations are in the pickle we are in. We have failed miserably at addressing depth at the QB position over the years. We took flyers on project QBs like Joe Webb, Tyler Thigpen, Tarvaris Jackson and John David Booty. You're losing most of those games if those are your QBs, but at least we were still drafting QBs and trying to find a gem. During Frazier/Zim periods as HC, Christian Ponder and Teddy Bridgewater, are the only QBs drafted by the Vikings. Giving up a first rounder hurts, but we are paying for our sins of failing to establish a strong QB to back up Teddy.

Once Bradford learns the playbook, which should be a quick study considering Shurmer was his OC last year in Philly, he instantly becomes an upgrade over anything we have on the roster. He completed 65% of his passes(throwing an average of 38/game), for 3,725 yards with 17 TDs, 12 INTs and a QBR of 86.4. We're not going to be asking Bradford to throw the ball close to 40 time per game unless a lot of things go really wrong for this team. The more I think about the signing the more I like it. Plus he also is a solid back up plan next season if Teddy has a hiccup with his PT or isn't ready for the start of next season or provides some competition next year so Teddy isn't just handed the gig
    Last edited by mn_vikes61; 09-03-2016 at 11:36 AM.

I like it. I think he will start against Green Bay.

WWBGD

4. I like it as well, just hope he can stay healthy. He has been injury prone all the way back to his days at Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by %thWave View Post
    For a 1st in 2017 and a 4th in 2018,
    The trade makes sense for the Vikes and the Eagles IMHO.
    - We have 2 3rd and 2 4th Round picks in 2017, so, trading up is not out of the question.
    - The Eagles pay $11MM of Bradford's salary this year.
    - 2018 4th Round pick is Conditional
    - Teddy's full recovery isn't guaranteed and could take up to 2 years.
    - TE Coach Pat Shurmur coached Bradford in St. Louis and Philly.
    - Bradford has never played for a good team and can make all the throws...play action long ball is definitely a threat.
    - Demonstrates to existing Team and future potential Free Agents that the Vikes' Leadership is committed to winning.

Downside is definitely Bradford's past health and availability...Vikes clearly were not giving a #2 to Cleveland for McCown and McCarron was not an option.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this trade...I've always liked Bradford and thought he'd be good in the right situation. Hopfully, this is the right situation.

Skol Vikings!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Wow that was a big deal, hope Sam can stay healthy and this could workout. Much better than Sanchez or Kap.

I love this trade for a number of reasons.

Obviously ... I have not expressed a ton of love for Teddy ... but I certainly wish we had not had to deal with this exercise ... BUT ... Bradford is not a step back from Teddy and, personally, I think could be a step up.

Also, a deal like this shows that our front office and coach think we are REALLY good and do not want to throw a season away. They think we can be contenders now and are willing to make the moves to be that.

And ... I have no problem trading the No. 32 pick in the draft

Blog Entries
    I was pretty happy to hear the news as most of the QB's that were being talked about were pretty much all back up type guys, Bradfords on a higher level than them, although him staying healthy is a big concern. Don't think we could have gotten any better with the bind we were in. The coaching connections also help and hopefully he can start sooner rather than later. After Teddy went down I did not think we could realistically contend this year with who we would bring in, I'm believing again and you can't ask for more than that going into week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I love this trade for a number of reasons.

Obviously ... I have not expressed a ton of love for Teddy ... but I certainly wish we had not had to deal with this exercise ... BUT ... Bradford is not a step back from Teddy and, personally, I think could be a step up.

Also, a deal like this shows that our front office and coach think we are REALLY good and do not want to throw a season away. They think we can be contenders now and are willing to make the moves to be that.

And ... I have no problem trading the No. 32 pick in the draft

Lol, I love that...even though the 4th in 2018 can become a 2nd if we win the SB. I could easily live with that.

Qui tacet, consentit.

10. He isnt Kaepernick but its about the same lol

he's better than Rex Grossman was.

Vikings will tare it up as the should

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast