Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Only time will tell, but this seems like an awful trade for us. Classic Spielman. And here I thought the John Carlson signing would be his final stupid move as GM. Oh well, to be a Vikings fan I suppose.

Leveraging the future of the Vikings on an oft-injured 1st overall bust. Doesn't get much worse.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

CMac, what move would you rather have Speilman make? I agree that the price is a bit high (1st rounder) but I don't see any other alternatives being discussed that would be better. I don't consider a 1st and a conditional 4th as "leveraging the future." I think the overriding concern with the Vikings is the future is now, or at least within the next two or three years. They had to get a QB, and I think they got the best guy available. Demand exceeds supply as far as QBs go, therefore the price goes up.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    CMac, what move would you rather have Speilman make? I agree that the price is a bit high (1st rounder) but I don't see any other alternatives being discussed that would be better. I don't consider a 1st and a conditional 4th as "leveraging the future." I think the overriding concern with the Vikings is the future is now, or at least within the next two or three years. They had to get a QB, and I think they got the best guy available. Demand exceeds supply as far as QBs go, therefore the price goes up.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Couldn't have been explained any better. There wasn't many options available out there. This is a "Win now" league. Yes the price was a bit steep, but IMO it was the best option they could make happen. Who would want to watch Shaun Hill for an entire season???

We gave up a first round pick for Sam Bradford. Enough said.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

You didn't answer my question. What deal would you rather see? And please don't say McCown. 37 year old "Never Was".
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

6. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    You didn't answer my question. What deal would you rather see? And please don't say McCown. 37 year old "Never Was".

i know im going hear crap from what im about to say ...Sam Bradford isnt that bad .yes his career looks bad but last year he got better as the season went on look up the stats..i saw his play improve too .he hasnt had the benefit of playing on a good team .every qb needs support ..this is his opportunity to show what he has ,bottom line if he stinks up the field ..then yes we made a bad trade ...can we win the division with SB yes .. we did it last year with teddy and look at his play ...we wont know until he plays ... im a beating man i say he will play well enough to win ...maybe not as good as a first rounder but good enough ...

7. And thanks for contributing to a great win Sam. Here's to many more....

8. I wanted us to trade for Bradford. I think he will be great for us if the oline can play better. Tonight was proof. Hell of a win. Skol.

Bradford has a gun for an arm and seems very accurate. I had no idea he could get the ball into some of the spaces he did. Hope he keeps it up. If our sorry ass OL gives him time he will carve defenses up.

Bradford has always had a great arm. He has been stuck in an awful offense (St. Louis) and a gimmick offense that literally exposes their QB to way too many hits (Philly).

I think he might be our starting QB next year as well.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast