Josh Mcnown *4th rounder
    AJ McCarron *1st rounder
    Ryan Nassib *3rd rounder
    Derek Anderson 4th
    Chad Henne *4th rounder
    Mike Glennon *4th round
    Matt McGloin*4the round

*asking price

trade deadline is Nov 1st. Viking's could then go after a veteran whose teams is out of contention and Vikings are in playoff contention..
    Rivers- 3rd round
    Romo-2nd round
    Last edited by steelguitar; 08-31-2016 at 02:33 AM.
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

2. There is probably no way the Bengals would be willing to part ways with McCarron, or at least not for anything less than a 2nd or multiple draft picks. We're in a QB pickle, but we can't mortgage our future on a QB saving this season as we need those higher draft picks in my opinion instead of hoping a single player can walk in and 'save' the season. We could still use another quality safety to go along side Smith and the offensive tackle position is less than ideal at this point with Kalil and Smith being somewhat question marks.

What I think they'll do is kick the tires on a few back ups like Mark Sanchez, Zack Mettenberger and Geno Smith offering a 3rd rounder or a lower pick. If nothing comes out of that offer, see what happens with roster cuts and bring in someone to back up Hill. Heinicke looked promising last preseason and has a similar skill set to Teddy's but isn't available until probably mid-season with his injury.

People forget that the biggest question mark this team really had going into this season was QB and that was still with Teddy healthy. Teddy looked fantastic this preseason, which I'm stoked about and really hope his rehab goes great, but it's preseason football. We should still have a solid season with grinding teams out with our defense and running the ball. It won't be sexy but we can probably sneak into the playoffs
    Last edited by mn_vikes61; 08-31-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelguitar View Post
    Josh Mcnown *4th rounder
    AJ McCarron *1st rounder
    Ryan Nassib *3rd rounder
    Derek Anderson 4th
    Chad Henne *4th rounder
    Mike Glennon *4th round
    Matt McGloin*4the round

*asking price

trade deadline is Nov 1st. Viking's could then go after a veteran whose teams is out of contention and Vikings are in playoff contention..
    Rivers- 3rd round
    Romo-2nd round
    Not sure what the source of the * asking price is, but, I actually like the Glennon option the most. So does Jim Miller...here's an article with some eyeopening stats and facts...https://realfootballnetwork.com/2016...ext-for-vikes/

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

4. If we could get Mike Glennon for a 3rd or 4th, I'd take it. Glennon is only 26 and has a 2 to 1 ratio on his TD to INT #s 29:15. We could keep him next year as well to continue to serve back up or competition for Teddy.

5. How bout Hasselbeck? He's doing commentary for ESPN. He can still sling it. I believe our offensive line could protect him & all he would have to do is keep the defense honest so AP doesn't have to run with 8 men in the box.

I don't see Cincy giving up McCarron. I wanted us to draft him. He is too good of an insurance policy for Dalton to let go. He's proven it. I could deal with Glennon and maybe even Smith, but Smith's issues with ball security scare me. Hill is a vet and he might be our best option for the starter at this point.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

if it's a trade in our future I believe it's for a backup for Hill. then come the next season it's a battle of the backups..

wasn't mettenberger released? i thought norv had an eye on him before. could this be a route instead of giving up a draft pick? though i'm not against getting someone who can be a legit backup/starter incase overtheHill does falter or get hurt.. as we'll have sivyswuave as our only option.. until heineki comes back.

as much as this whole situation bumms me out.. i'll still bleed purple, and i'll still get up @ odd hours of the night to watch our huge selection of night games..

on a quick note.. u think the nfl will change those night games now?
    DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Maybe Favre or Manning? LOL

WWBGD

9. How about Bradford. He's being wasted in Philly. He would probably do well in our system.

10. Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    How about Bradford. He's being wasted in Philly. He would probably do well in our system.
    Bradford isn't an option due to his contract at 2 yrs/35 million and being slated to be Philly's starter from all reports, plus the man is made out of glass.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast