Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikadelic View Post
    I will probably be blasted for this but what about Sanchez? He would be very reasonable and it looks like he is going to be put on the sidelines.
    My initial thoughts are positive, but he makes some really dumb decisions.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Quote Originally Posted by tommykramer View Post
    Kaepernick is coming
    Kaepernick is coming
    Kaepernick is coming
    Yeah, that is not happening.

Qui tacet, consentit.

3. What about
    Aaron Murray from KC , would have been a top pic if he hadn't got hurt senior year. I wanted us to draft him in 2014.NCAA passing records

I don't think he has been put in the right spot in the NFL yet. Kid can throw the ball and Peterson needs a passer. Minnesota would be a better fit than KC has been for him.
    Last edited by gus1117; 09-02-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hill has to start for at least the first half of the season (health permitting) unless we want to relive the Josh Freeman debacle. It's a pity we didn't land Foles as there was interest from the Vikes when the Rams let him go. I'm trying to look positively at who is out there but in all honesty any QB who is still attainable at this stage has more question marks on him than Jim Carrey dressed as the Riddler.

Only bright spot is the Broncos managed to somehow win it all last year despite the mostly shocking play at the quarterback position. However our defense isn't quite on a par with them yet..... and Shaun Hill is no Peyton Manning.

5. Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    Hill has to start for at least the first half of the season (health permitting) unless we want to relive the Josh Freeman debacle. It's a pity we didn't land Foles as there was interest from the Vikes when the Rams let him go. I'm trying to look positively at who is out there but in all honesty any QB who is still attainable at this stage has more question marks on him than Jim Carrey dressed as the Riddler.

Only bright spot is the Broncos managed to somehow win it all last year despite the mostly shocking play at the quarterback position. However our defense isn't quite on a par with them yet..... and Shaun Hill is no Peyton Manning.
    It's a tough situation however you slice it really. No player is going to be able to come in and be a better option than Hill. Hill at the very least knows the playbook and has been on the team for a few years and should be the starter until he's either injured or a better option arises as he is Teddy's backup. Heinicke sounds like he's ahead of schedule and may be back sooner than originally expected, maybe by the bye week. He looked pretty good last preseason from what I recall and has a similar skill set to Teddy. What I'd like the team to do is get a QB that has some potential, no matter how raw, so we can start having depth at the most critical position...whether that's Glennon, Sanchez, Kaepernick, Murray, Smith, I trust Zim and co.

I agree our defense isn't nearly as good as Denver was last year. I expect them to take a step back defensively since duplicating that type of season would be very difficult. If we can improve upon the run and our coverage skills continue to improve, I see us being in the top 5 overall defenses this upcoming season; even with the onus being even more on them, I think Zim likes it that way.
    Last edited by mn_vikes61; 09-01-2016 at 06:30 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Agree. Plus the fact he can't play works against him.
    SF was the same build as the Vikings are now except the Vikes have better receivers.

he complimented those things for SF. the whole team sucked last year,so he sucked. He doesnt carry teams, he is the complimentary piece.

7. Quote Originally Posted by VikingMike View Post
    Yeah, that is not happening.
    yes,yes it is

8. Word has it Cleveland is asking for a 2nd for McCown, so The Vikings are backing off the trade market because teams think they're desperate. Viking's will look at Vick as he brings a lot of experience and he is cheap...
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

9. Rick Spielman says he doesn't wan't to mortgage the future, yet he has blown 5 first round picks in 6 years. Trade for a good QB while this team is ready to win now. Whats a high pick really matter? Spiel man is capable of blowing it ala Patterson, Kalil, Floyd, Ponder, Waynes. None of those first rounders make a bit of difference. Go use a high pick and get this team a QB that can play. Maccaron, McNown, Nassib, Derek Anderson, etc...
    Retired QB that's passion is in Player Evaluation

Sam Bradford

Qui tacet, consentit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast