Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chase Daniel is a good option as well. With Wentz on the books and Philly losing those picks last year, they would be willing to trade

2. It is true that Philly has great depth at QB with Wentz, Daniels, Bethel-Thompson (former Viking) and Bradford, but I still haven't heard any news of them shopping Bradford and I imagine the price tag would be steep given that they know our situation. The only news I've heard regarding Bradford and a trade was once Philly was going to invest in another QB long term, he demanded a trade to have a chance to be a starter some place else long term. That wouldn't be Minnesota unless you're giving up on Bridgewater being able to come back, which I am not. I think it would be borderline insane to trade a high draft pick on a player that has not been able to stay healthy, starting all 16 games only once in 2012, and expect that player to save this season when we weren't exactly sure what we had back there production wise yet with a healthy Teddy. Bradford is not worth mortgaging our future on if you ask me.

3. Did anyone see Joe Webb play the other night for Carolina. He actually looked pretty good. He made the right reads and didn't play scared like when he was here.

4. Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    Did anyone see Joe Webb play the other night for Carolina. He actually looked pretty good. He made the right reads and didn't play scared like when he was here.
    I'm happy to see he's still employed as I liked him while he was here. I always felt like our coaching staff did a really lousy job of molding the offense around him, especially in that horrible playoff loss to GB. He'll never have the arm talent to light the world on fire with his arm alone, but the combination of his running ability and threat to throw could give defenses fits.

5. I will probably be blasted for this but what about Sanchez? He would be very reasonable and it looks like he is going to be put on the sidelines.

6. Michael Vick is rumored to visit Winter Park tomorrow: https://twitter.com/ryan_boser/statu...54389348159488. Just a rumor, but an intriguing one with Shurmur coaching him in 2013 back in Philly. He played 7 games, was 77/141 (54.6% ouch) for 1215 yards, 5 TDs and 3 INTs and a 86.5 QBR. Considering that Vick would probably come relatively cheap, is another veteran and Shurmur's experience with him, I kind of like this idea as I still don't think we can just bring in a QB and expect miraculous things to happen.

If Denver outright releases Sanchez, I'd bring him in for a look and see if our coaches think they can work with him. There's no way I would trade for him considering a rookie and 2nd year QB beat him out of the starting gig in Denver, plus he's a turnover machine. He has 21 fumbles and 84 INTs for his career numbers.
    Last edited by mn_vikes61; 09-01-2016 at 05:05 AM.

I don't know enough about any backup to say who is worth it, but IF Norv has a particular backup quarterback in mind who is fairly young and has some upside, I really think you can justify pulling the trigger even if the price is something like a second rounder. It is a steep price, but they have to plan as if Teddy is not going to be ready next year. If they truly believe that Hill/Heinicke + somebody else just for depth can get it done, fine. I just hope they're not wavering over 6th rounder vs. 2nd rounder for somebody that they realistically expect to play.

8. Kaepernick is coming
    Kaepernick is coming
    Kaepernick is coming

Kaepernick???? Yeah that's what we need, a head case using our new stadium for his political BS.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Kaepernick???? Yeah that's what we need, a head case using our new stadium for his political BS.
    Agree. Plus the fact he can't play works against him.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast