Thread: Kaeperdick

Kaeperdick

I am sorry but I think he is a dick. Yes bad things happen in parts of this country but to disrespect the country and the flag is a jerk move by an attention whore.

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I am sorry but I think he is a dick. Yes bad things happen in parts of this country but to disrespect the country and the flag is a jerk move by an attention whore.
    I don't personally think any more or less of him for this. I would never do it. I understand what he is standing for. It draws attention to a real issue that he cares about. I think any time someone does this, or burns a flag, or some other thing deemed "unpatriotic" they tend to get an unfair pounding.

This is honestly what this country is all about, it is the entire overtone of the Constitution, people protesting in this way is exactly what the Constitution is all about.

I don't agree with this tactic, but it does make noise and draw attention to a cause that is real and to him is clearly very important.

Is he maybe doing it to be an attention hound ... sure ... but, then again, that is the point of the Constitution as well.

the national anthem of any country is a symbolic waste of time

As I have noted in other instances before, I will defend his right to speak and act as he wishes... as long as he's prepared to deal with the fallout. And there will be, just like there is whenever someone speaks out against a social injustice that is still considered acceptable by a large number of people. Just like a certain former punter of ours, a few years ago.

I think he could have made his point by simply speaking, rather than making such a dramatic action, but hey, whatever he feels he needs to do. But I don't want to hear any whining about how he's being persecuted for his beliefs.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    That awkward moment that you are more mad he didn't stand for the anthem than the injustices that he pointed out.

Just because you have a right to do something does not make it appropriate. I respect his right to protest but I believe he is going about it the wrong way. The flag and the anthem represent an ideal that this country aspires to. It is still a work in progress. Nobody said this country is perfect. If he wishes to effect change there are other ways to go about it rather than showing what most Americans are going to perceive as disrespect. The fact that thousands of men and women have died to protect his right to protest is enough for him to stand during the anthem. Wrong time, wrong place Kap.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Ironic how he didn't start hating on this country until he converted to Islam and married a Muslim. Now his biggest problem, besides undoing the tattoos with Bible quotes, is not sitting during the games.

Qui tacet, consentit.

So now I see Mr Skittles sat down during the anthem. Nice way to fit in with your home fans Lynch! Stupid. Should of stayed retired! JS
    Road To Super Bowl 52