Sooo... thoughts on why Teddy was pulled?

Personally, I have NO idea. Fans around here think it had something to do with Zimmer's plans on blitzing Wilson. I live in Seahawk country, and there were 2 storylines going on out here:
    1) why was Wilson in the game for so long; and
    2) wtf was Zimmer doing using complex blitz packages in a preseason game???

Now, keep in mind-these are seahawk fan's points of view, so reality might or might not have anything to do with their opinions. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with them, just repeating them for those of you that don't hear local Seahawks radio and TV.

But mix those thoughts with Teddy not playing, and you have a Northwestern conspiracy being pushed that Zimmer was after Wilson, and pulled "his QB" so the Seahawks couldn't return the favor.

To all my fellow Viking's fans that live in Viking's territory-are you hearing anything besides "it was Zimmer's decision" as to why Teddy took the night off? I also saw that we signed another QB... what's going on?
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Personally, I have NO idea. Fans around here think it had something to do with Zimmer's plans on blitzing Wilson. I live in Seahawk country, and there were 2 storylines going on out here:
    1) why was Wilson in the game for so long; and
    2) wtf was Zimmer doing using complex blitz packages in a preseason game???

Now, keep in mind-these are seahawk fan's points of view, so reality might or might not have anything to do with their opinions. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with them, just repeating them for those of you that don't hear local Seahawks radio and TV.

But mix those thoughts with Teddy not playing, and you have a Northwestern conspiracy being pushed that Zimmer was after Wilson, and pulled "his QB" so the Seahawks couldn't return the favor.

To all my fellow Viking's fans that live in Viking's territory-are you hearing anything besides "it was Zimmer's decision" as to why Teddy took the night off? I also saw that we signed another QB... what's going on?
    No idea, just a hunch. There are conflicting reports about a shoulder issue....but, I think Zim, and Norv, wanted to make sure Shawn Hill was prepared, and could handle the situation without notice. Admittedly, just a hunch.

Re: the "12's"...I was at the Seahags vs Broncos Super Bowl. The 12's showed up and were great fans...and, LOUD. But, they gotta stop whining about Zim sending blitzes, they didn't play a Pro-Bowl game. Maybe they should be concerned that Barr AND Griffen ran Wilson down.

SKOL Vikings!!!
    Last edited by MaxVike; 08-21-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

3. Sounds like there is definitely some shoulder soreness since he didn't throw in yesterday's practice. I haven't read any reports about the severity of his shoulder other than Zimmer is not concerned. I'm hoping to see him practice throwing today to alleviate the fear that something is really wrong with his shoulder and they're trying to keep the news from the public.

I saw the interview with Teddy after the game, and the kid certainly does as he is told-it was coach's decision. I hope its just soreness.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

5. What's got me nervous is Zimmer seems to be usually up front with stuff like this, especially during the preseason. There's no reason to attempt to hide something like shoulder soreness unless there is fear there is something majorly wrong. It almost makes you wonder if the throwing motion adjustment everyone wanted didn't do some damage along the way? I'm crossing my fingers that Zimmer is being up front about not being worried about his shoulder, but his dodging the question initially is a cause for pause for me.

PS: I just watched today's practice highlight reel. There were still no throws from Teddy and only featured him on a few hand offs.
    Last edited by mn_vikes61; 08-21-2016 at 07:23 PM.

6. From what I have seen and heard regarding other teams searching for backup QB help. I believe that at least part of this was the team "shopping" Hill. Rumors have at least three teams potentially interested in him. The signing of another QB tends to support this, if they expect to lose Hill.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

7. The signing of that QB marked to me more that they don't have anyone to throw the ball during practice, but I have heard teams are interested in Hill and I hope we're not shopping him until we know about Teddy's shoulder. Teddy was already a question mark going into this season on exactly what we should/could expect from him. If we're starting Stave or Heinicke, the offensively load will fall completely on Peterson again as neither one of those guys have any experience at the NFL level. Hill doesn't have a cannon for an arm, but he has the experience to know that this should be a great defense and turning the ball over offensively will lose any hope of winning games.
    Last edited by mn_vikes61; 08-22-2016 at 08:32 AM.

Coach's Decision.

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

9. That is what it's looking like now that he has thrown in a few practices since the Seattle game. When he wasn't throwing during practices is when I thought there may be more to the sudden shoulder soreness.

10. Speaking of the Seattle game, this is a great, in-depth piece:

[GIF Breakdown] How Mike Zimmer Racked Up Four Sacks In One Preseason Half

Hopefully we see a lot more where this came from now that "real" football is right around the corner.