Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    A W is a W. But wasn't setting the world on fire except for the D. I don't know what to say about Walsh. Its clear that Hill is still our backup QB. No td's for the offense looks a lot like last season. Looking forward to Bradford next week. The Jags nearly beat the Packers today which is a good sign for us I think. Next week will be a real test.
    Yeah we didn't seem to be able to open anything up in the run game and that will have to change, no matter who the QB is. We managed to beat an inferior opponent today because of a couple plays on defense. Diggs looked like the real deal. Thielen looked like a crafty and gritty middle of the field guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    Yeah we didn't seem to be able to open anything up in the run game and that will have to change, no matter who the QB is. We managed to beat an inferior opponent today because of a couple plays on defense. Diggs looked like the real deal. Thielen looked like a crafty and gritty middle of the field guy.

Agree agree and agree. Hill played the part. Made more downfield plays than Teddy but still not endzones. That goes for running too. Is our run blocking this bad or is Tenn that good at stuffing the run. I mean AP was changing routes 4 yards behind the line. Infuriating how quickly our line got spanked.

Side note. How much of a difference it is when Shaun Hill just slides up in the pocket like nothing.., to buy 1 or 2 more seconds? He did it so effortlessly, Teddy skips, Ponder bolted for the corners. It was pleasant to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwangar View Post
    Agree agree and agree. Hill played the part. Made more downfield plays than Teddy but still not endzones. That goes for running too. Is our run blocking this bad or is Tenn that good at stuffing the run. I mean AP was changing routes 4 yards behind the line. Infuriating how quickly our line got spanked.

Side note. How much of a difference it is when Shaun Hill just slides up in the pocket like nothing.., to buy 1 or 2 more seconds? He did it so effortlessly, Teddy skips, Ponder bolted for the corners. It was pleasant to see.
    I wonder how much of the run game was influenced by the idea that Hill can't throw too many deep passes? Will it open up if Bradford steps in next week?
    Purple till i die

Blog Entries
    I feel the Vikings played a "clean" game. They didn't turn over the ball, but forced 3 turnovers leading to 2 TD's and (if I recall) had only 5 penalties. That formula alone should lead to several victories in a season!

That being said, the offensive line looks like a work in progress, which is understandable given the change to a new offensive line coach. The key seems to be the progress of Bradford to learn the new offense for him. More explosiveness on offense, with the same emphasis on creating turnovers and scoring points off them, seem to be needed to beat a very good Packers team. Will the Vikings be ready in time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Dibiase View Post
    Thielen has been under used in the past. I believe that will change.

I'm disillusioned with the run game. What's supposed to be our bread and butter failed miserably against a inferior opponent.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Can't bank on defensive TDs to carry the load as in Sunday's game. The secondary gave up some yards to Mariota but kept the running game in check. Giving up only 16 (one late) is good. Diggs and Rudolph played well. Walsh needs a shrink evidently. My biggest disappointment was the run blocking and lack of offensive scoring. The running game must improve if we are to compete. Pass blocking looked acceptable and Hill did his journeyman job- no turnovers. The formula of good defense and controlling the clock by running the ball was only half accomplished. OL got pushed around. But a win is a win and each is important. I hope we get some hits on that pissant Rodgers next week!
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    Thielen has been under used in the past. I believe that will change.

I'm disillusioned with the run game. What's supposed to be our bread and butter failed miserably against a inferior opponent.
    Agree with Thielen, he made his mark especially with Wright being a healthy scratch. If he carries on like that then he will get plenty of playing time going forward.

Not sure about the run game, there were several instances where AP didn't see gaps that were open and instead run into a wall of defenders. I wonder if not playing in preseason means he then needs a couple of regular season games to get his eye in again. Hope he plays better this week else it will make it hard for the QB - whoever that may be !
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

8. The run game being stuffed to me is a direct result of Shaun Hill as our QB. The Titans coaches had no concern of deep or intermediate passes being a threat and stacked the line of scrimmage... That said, Peterson missed a couple of cutbacks and could have played better too. I also thought Norv may have been a bit stubborn and he didn't throw on 1st Down enough.

I'm optimistic that Bradford will pose a bigger challenge to the opposing defenses than Hill. I'm not expecting him to have a fast start...there will be growing pains I'm afraid.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123