Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 1 - Trap Game?

Every year there is always that game week 1 that everyone takes in survivor pools and gets blown up. Week 1 at Tennessee could be a trap game for us. We are on the road and could be looking forward to week 2 opening the new stadium vs Green Bay.

Thoughts?
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    Every year there is always that game week 1 that everyone takes in survivor pools and gets blown up. Week 1 at Tennessee could be a trap game for us. We are on the road and could be looking forward to week 2 opening the new stadium vs Green Bay.

Thoughts?
    I am definitely on board with this thought. I never take a survivor pick on the road of course ... too iffy.

But, this Titans team has some talent and I think that MM is a really solid QB that can beat you all by himself.

We SHOULD win, but this will by no means be a gimme.

Blog Entries
    It will be a good game in my opinion. The team needs to remember how the season started last year (a 20-3 loss in San Francisco). The Vikings need to play better in Tennessee this year!

If its a trap for anybody it will be for the Titans.

WWBGD

Well Marcus M is suppose to be better in his second year. As he learns and learns all the time. But really, trap games can become choking games. That Vikings need to avoid.
    Ready for Christmas!

In pro football you can get your butt kicked any week. Even bad teams have good players and if you don't show up you can lose. The mark of a good, well disciplined team is they beat the teams they're supposed to. Zim will have the boys ready.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

7. first game last year against the 49ers wa san embarrassment...that then set the tone for the rest of the season.they felt they were the better team and proved it rest of the year by playing sound defense ,and teddy taking care of the ball.it seems most teams have a lost to a team they think they can beat sometime threw out the year ...our game was 49ers...i think zim wont let that happen either will the vikes ...but its a long season ...

Quote Originally Posted by akapurpleblood32 View Post
    first game last year against the 49ers wa san embarrassment...that then set the tone for the rest of the season.they felt they were the better team and proved it rest of the year by playing sound defense ,and teddy taking care of the ball.it seems most teams have a lost to a team they think they can beat sometime threw out the year ...our game was 49ers...i think zim wont let that happen either will the vikes ...but its a long season ...
    Well said and welcome aboard!

Things should get a little more lively around here in the next month or so.

9. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Well said and welcome aboard!

Things should get a little more lively around here in the next month or so.
    thanks midgensa been on here before ...joined 4 years ago ..had login problem so thats why the new id name aka purpleblood32...i was on a yahoo message board but the packer fans and viking fans would blow up each other board the site took them down bunch of BS ..DOESNT LOOK LIKE WE HAVE THAT PROBLEM

10. I was totally thinking that same thing. I still can't believe what happened in San Fran last year week 1. But, that was a rarity of an off time to play a game, not kicking off until 9pm!? This should be a bit more on the regular schedule, and like you guys said, I bet Zimmer brings up what happened last year and we're much better prepared.

SKOL VIKES!!! Can't wait to get this season started!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast