Done deal: Harrison Smith locked up!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...medium=twitter

"Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith signed a five-year contract extension Monday that's worth $51.25 million a $10.25 million average that makes him the NFL's top-paid safety on a multi-year deal, a person with knowledge of the terms told USA TODAY Sports.
    The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team had not announced the terms of the deal.
    Smith, 27, received $28.578 million guaranteed for injury also a new high mark for safeties of which $15.278 million is fully guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus."

Now that is good news!

Blog Entries
    YES!!! That is GREAT news! Another step closer to the Lombardi Trophy...

Quote Originally Posted by vikesrgreat2 View Post
    YES!!! That is GREAT news! Another step closer to the Lombardi Trophy...
    I don't think I have felt this good about us in a long time. Going into 1999 maybe, but even then I had a feeling that we gave away our shot. This time, I don't feel like that, even after an agonizing playoff defeat.

I really hope the defense gets to top ten level this year. I miss the old Vikings' defenses that teams feared playing against.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

5. Glad he is locked up for us. Love this kids attitude. Great character.