Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    332

    The Obvious Move Nobody is talking about

    After this year we will need cap space. At some point we have to lock up Teddy, Barr, Floyd, Rhodes, Munnerlyn,Harrison, Kendricks and all the other younger guys that we drafted and nailed the pick. The easiest way to fix all our problems and protect our future is to part ways with Adrian and trade what ever you have to so that we can move up and draft Leonard Fournette and not have to change our offense.

    This NEEDS to be done to protect out future.

    Id trade 2017 1,2,3 and 2018 1,2
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

  2. Bah!? What!??? I think its stupid to trade multiple year's firsts to move up for a QB much less a RB who are a dime a dozen these days. What the Eagles and Rams and Redskins before them did is silly, as it weakens the depth of your roster immensely and removes nearly any chance of your ONE guy to succeed by destroying the level of talent you can put around him. This is the ultimate TEAM game, and no one player is worth that much future potential. Maybe I can see the Rams doing this as they do have a pretty good defense already, thanks to being on the right end of one of these deals just a few years ago...maybe!?

    Moving up for a RB would be like stating to the world, "We want to surpass the Browns as the worst franchise football has ever seen. We vow to not win a single game for the next 3 to 5 years."
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    After this year we will need cap space. At some point we have to lock up Teddy, Barr, Floyd, Rhodes, Munnerlyn,Harrison, Kendricks and all the other younger guys that we drafted and nailed the pick. The easiest way to fix all our problems and protect our future is to part ways with Adrian and trade what ever you have to so that we can move up and draft Leonard Fournette and not have to change our offense.

    This NEEDS to be done to protect out future.

    Id trade 2017 1,2,3 and 2018 1,2
    Maybe I'm missing the obvious...but, which ONE of the 8+ moves you referenced is obvious?

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  4. #4
    Well Teddy he is in his third year. So do not just lock him up after his fourth year when the rookie contract expires.
    Ready for Christmas!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    Well Teddy he is in his third year. So do not just lock him up after his fourth year when the rookie contract expires.
    I agree JPPT..."Locking up" Teddy now would be done for no reason and more unnecessary money. He has one year left (year 4) on his rookie contract. And, because Spielman moved up to take him in the First Round, he has a 5th Year Option to extend Teddy's contract...under the Rookie Wage Scale. Effectively, he's locked for the next two years already.

    So, he's ours while we can give him more to work with, and see what he's got. That's the whole idea...Let's first see how he responds to a heavier burden and higher expectations first.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 05-22-2016 at 12:41 PM.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Bah!? What!??? I think its stupid to trade multiple year's firsts to move up for a QB much less a RB who are a dime a dozen these days. What the Eagles and Rams and Redskins before them did is silly, as it weakens the depth of your roster immensely and removes nearly any chance of your ONE guy to succeed by destroying the level of talent you can put around him. This is the ultimate TEAM game, and no one player is worth that much future potential. Maybe I can see the Rams doing this as they do have a pretty good defense already, thanks to being on the right end of one of these deals just a few years ago...maybe!?

    Moving up for a RB would be like stating to the world, "We want to surpass the Browns as the worst franchise football has ever seen. We vow to not win a single game for the next 3 to 5 years."
    That would all be true if we didnt take 9 first rounders in the past 5 years and going to have to resign them at high prices. When you take 9 years worth of round 1's in half the time you already are a built team. If we lose Adrian to father time what we built changes and who knows if its as effective power running game, time of possession, and a top flight defense...
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    That would all be true if we didnt take 9 first rounders in the past 5 years and going to have to resign them at high prices. When you take 9 years worth of round 1's in half the time you already are a built team. If we lose Adrian to father time what we built changes and who knows if its as effective power running game, time of possession, and a top flight defense...
    You have posted your love of Fournette many times ... but you are completely off your rocker if you think trading that haul for Forunette is worth it. Completely and totally off your meds.

    You are also way off on what it costs to keep people around and how the cap works. You also mention nine 1st round picks in 5 years ... but I don't think we have to resign CP84 for any amount of money ... now do we? Kalil is also not going to get big time tackle money from us ... and probably not anywhere else. And we hardly know if we need to pay Waynes or Treadwell yet. AND ... see all these ands ... Shariff Floyd is a defensive tackle that is very good, but not a break the bank guy. We have plenty of money and future cap space to sign players.

    There is a reason there is team control for five years. You pay Harrison Smith up front and then he is less of a hit when you pay Anthony Barr who is less of a hit when you pay Treadwell and so on.

    This is not being talked about because it is one of the most ridiculous things ever posted here and because you clearly do not understand how teams pay players and structure them to work.

    I would love a shot at Fournette and would be willing to trade up to get him, but there is NO TEAM on the planet willing to give up 2 1's, 2 2's and a 3 for an antiquated position. You clearly did not go through Herschel Walker and watching the Cowboys win Super Bowls with those picks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    You have posted your love of Fournette many times ... but you are completely off your rocker if you think trading that haul for Forunette is worth it. Completely and totally off your meds.

    You are also way off on what it costs to keep people around and how the cap works. You also mention nine 1st round picks in 5 years ... but I don't think we have to resign CP84 for any amount of money ... now do we? Kalil is also not going to get big time tackle money from us ... and probably not anywhere else. And we hardly know if we need to pay Waynes or Treadwell yet. AND ... see all these ands ... Shariff Floyd is a defensive tackle that is very good, but not a break the bank guy. We have plenty of money and future cap space to sign players.

    There is a reason there is team control for five years. You pay Harrison Smith up front and then he is less of a hit when you pay Anthony Barr who is less of a hit when you pay Treadwell and so on.

    This is not being talked about because it is one of the most ridiculous things ever posted here and because you clearly do not understand how teams pay players and structure them to work.

    I would love a shot at Fournette and would be willing to trade up to get him, but there is NO TEAM on the planet willing to give up 2 1's, 2 2's and a 3 for an antiquated position. You clearly did not go through Herschel Walker and watching the Cowboys win Super Bowls with those picks.
    ok you are right i am exaggerating some on what it would take but i would be interested in trading a lot. But to dismiss the idea is silly and to not recognize the potential cap problems we have coming down the pipe is foolish.

    Smith, Munnerlyn, up after 16, Rhodes, Barr, Floyd, Teddy is up after 17, Linval, Ev Griff, Diggs after 18 and thats just off the top of my head sure we have some 5th year options and all but those are some big contracts
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    ok you are right i am exaggerating some on what it would take but i would be interested in trading a lot. But to dismiss the idea is silly and to not recognize the potential cap problems we have coming down the pipe is foolish.

    Smith, Munnerlyn, up after 16, Rhodes, Barr, Floyd, Teddy is up after 17, Linval, Ev Griff, Diggs after 18 and thats just off the top of my head sure we have some 5th year options and all but those are some big contracts
    Nope ... it is foolish to think it is nearly the problem you think it is. Munnerlyn is up after 16 and is going to be allowed to walk or be MUCH cheaper.

    Smith will be taken care of shortly.

    Rhodes, Barr, Floyd and Teddy were not in the same draft, they are not up in 17. Rhodes and Floyd are up in 17 ... we have control of Barr and Teddy through 18 (five years after the are drafted) if we want it, for cheaper than they would be on the market. We have control of Diggs and Waynes through 19 if we need it.

    Linval will be cheaper or able to walk when his contract is up in THREE YEARS and he is 30 years old. Same with Griffin when he is 31.

    Acting like you don't need to obtain player for the next FIVE years and just retain all the guys we have is foolish.

    The cap is part of the game. It is going way up in the next two years and it is something we ARE well within for the forseeable future. Cap casualties happen. It is life in the league. But we are NOWHERE near cap problems right now. Nowhere near them. There is no reason to start acting like we will be in the future.

    Nobody is talking about it because it is ridiculous. I am sure you are the only person in the world who sees it. Everyone else is an idiot.

  10. #10
    Well it is not needed to talk about. Due to it not being a big issue. If it were a big issue. it would be talked all over about.
    Ready for Christmas!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •