Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draft

The Draft

I can't believe that Tunsil has fallen out of the top 10

WWBGD

Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I can't believe that Tunsil has fallen out of the top 10
    I can't believe the outstanding and creative craftsmanship on that bong.

3. Treadwell, I am happy with that, hopefully he pans out and translates to the pros.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Treadwell, I am happy with that, hopefully he pans out and translates to the pros.
    I like this pick, he might not have the speed of some but looking at film he contests for balls and has good hands. Unlike some of our previous choices he looks like he can catch and can run routes, so the speed is not so much of a concern to me. Looking forward to see what he can do for us
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AngloVike View Post
    I like this pick, he might not have the speed of some but looking at film he contests for balls and has good hands. Unlike some of our previous choices he looks like he can catch and can run routes, so the speed is not so much of a concern to me. Looking forward to see what he can do for us
    I also like this pick. I envision him as an Anquan Boldin type of WR - one who can make the tough catches and help us better convert third downs. Personally, I like the fact that he took his 3-year old daughter down to meet the commissioner. From the interview with Deion Sanders, Treadwell seems to be mature. Works for me!

I think this pick was the way to go at the time but am also not too thrilled.

He has trouble getting off of bump coverage and legitimately looks slow. It's cool he's capable of getting 50/50 balls, that part is exactly what Teddy needs, but it's like everything is going to be a 50/50 ball with him since he'll get no separation.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

You don't necessarily have to have a sub 4.4 40 to be a great receiver, but it sure helps. There are a few superb wide outs with less than burner speed- Rice, Largent, and Carter come off the top of my head. But they are a minority. Treadwell seems like he has a good head and has skills that should translate to the NFL. About the only real criticism of him I've seen is the concern for him to create separation due to his running underwater speed. But seeing as Bridgewater can't seem to throw a completion over 20 yards a burner receiver might be something we can't use anyway. Treadwell just might be the guy to get the Vikings those third down catches and 50-50 balls in the end zone. You know, the ones we're too scared to throw right now.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

I like the pick on several levels. He will be a good Viking and will contribute right away. Welcome 'Quon!!!

Also, gotta love the way he brought his daughter to work on national "bring your kid to work day"...classic.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 04-29-2016 at 09:07 AM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Jerry Rice ran a underwhelming Combine 40 yard time of 4.71- and it never bothered him. "The 40 is overrated," Jerry Rice has said. "I never ran a good 40, but they couldn't catch me."

Treadwell refused to run the 40 at the combine because he never practiced running it like a track star-which is now what's required to do well. In the end, what does he look like at game time? He has played against some of these CBs all these teams were fighting for last night, and did well! If the people he BEAT translate to potential all-pros in the NFL, why not Treadwell?

His speed certainly didn't stop him from achieving...just like it didn't stop Rice. I'm not saying we just got the new Jerry Rice, all I'm saying is we shouldn't look down on him either.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

BTW... I don't see the giant's pick of Eli Apple as a game changer this year... that one boggled my mind. He might develop into something special, but not this year-I guarantee it.

Of course, I also thought Johnny Football was the bee's knees, so... lol.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast