Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Draft

1. I like this pick a lot. I think he'll be a great receiver for us. Some guys don't look fast but they always get open. Looks like he can catch the contested ball. Skol.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bauQfZ8OmLk

2. Here it is, 2nd round pick coming up in seconds.

3. Well, Mackenzie Alexander...perhaps a nickel DB? I like this pick too...and, I like Mayock's comment that Zimmer and Spielman are a great combo, one of the best in the NFL, and on the same page. #skol
    Last edited by MaxVike; 04-29-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

4. We apparently think we have the OL fixed. We could have gone Whitehair.

I like bringing in competition at DB.

Our first round pick from last year still has to prove himself.

I know Zimmer was trying to get away from short CB's (not that 5'10" is super short) but that's fine in the nickel. This season is likely Captain's last on the team so it's smart to get out ahead of things with this kid and get him some experience.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    We apparently think we have the OL fixed. We could have gone Whitehair.

I like bringing in competition at DB.

Our first round pick from last year still has to prove himself.
    I think with Boone joining a healthy Loadholt, Sully and Kalil, the OLine will be "fixed".

I also think the McKenzie pick is more of a nickel package move than a "competition for Waynes" move, although clearly both purposes are served. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Newman moved to safety...

But what I love most about this draft, and what has sealed my view that Spielman is, in fact, an excellent GM, is the trade of the 3rd round pick for a 6th rounder this year and two more picks next year.

This year, our roster is largely set both talent-wise and contract-wise, it is going to be very difficult for rookies to earn a roster spot. But next year, we have a lot of free agents, particularly on the offensive line, so having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and 9 picks overall is brilliant roster/salary cap management, whether we use those picks as-is, or package some of them to trade up for a blue chip player in the 1st round (I fully expect us to have the 28-32 draft spot next year....

Very nicely done, Rick & co... love the direction this franchise is headed. Out of the darkness of 2013, and in to the light...

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

7. Quote Originally Posted by Leafman View Post
    I think with Boone joining a healthy Loadholt, Sully and Kalil, the OLine will be "fixed".

I also think the McKenzie pick is more of a nickel package move than a "competition for Waynes" move, although clearly both purposes are served. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Newman moved to safety...

But what I love most about this draft, and what has sealed my view that Spielman is, in fact, an excellent GM, is the trade of the 3rd round pick for a 6th rounder this year and two more picks next year.

This year, our roster is largely set both talent-wise and contract-wise, it is going to be very difficult for rookies to earn a roster spot. But next year, we have a lot of free agents, particularly on the offensive line, so having 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and 9 picks overall is brilliant roster/salary cap management, whether we use those picks as-is, or package some of them to trade up for a blue chip player in the 1st round (I fully expect us to have the 28-32 draft spot next year....

Very nicely done, Rick & co... love the direction this franchise is headed. Out of the darkness of 2013, and in to the light...

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN
    I agree with your take on the GM. He is thinking about the cap for next year already.

The OL, I agree, we think we have the pieces this year.

The 4th round pick was an OT from Western Michigan that will be a project for competition next year. 5th round seems to be a back up LB for competition and special teams.

6th round WR from Germany, long shot?

8. Moritz Boerhinger !!

THE VIKINGS DRAFTED A VIKING !!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104b7074a768852291ea6382993cb0ed.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	646

edit- enlarging text doesnt seem to work
    Last edited by tommykramer; 04-30-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Yeaaah this Boehringer guy is very interesting. The size and speed is there
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast