Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: The O Line

  1. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am actually with you on this. Boone is an average guard probably and has some of the tools to be a little more than that.

    This team is not far from being something special. Subtle improvements can go a long way. Loadholt, Sully and Boone additions can only help the offensive line, even if they are not truly top level performers.

    I don't hate this signing considering what is available on the market, but I also am not going to act like we got a top level guy. He is an improvement ... and I will take that for now.
    +1

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  2. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I am actually with you on this. Boone is an average guard probably and has some of the tools to be a little more than that.

    This team is not far from being something special. Subtle improvements can go a long way. Loadholt, Sully and Boone additions can only help the offensive line, even if they are not truly top level performers.

    I don't hate this signing considering what is available on the market, but I also am not going to act like we got a top level guy. He is an improvement ... and I will take that for now.
    And again I also stated that we should draft a good guard in the draft. He is just one piece to a better puzzle.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  3. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ar-alex-boone/

    He has the build and experience at LT, so could be an emergency plug in over there too.

    Osemele was the top option and he got 60 mil. Signing Boone for 26 sounds like a steal of a deal in comparison. Leaving us more room for other improvements. According to PFT they're talking to Andre Smith of the Bengals too...smokescreen to help him get signed? Or more competition at RT??

    And the best part? Depth and Competition at every spot along the OL!

    LT Kalil, or Clemmings or Boone or ?
    LG Boone, Berger
    C Sully/Berger
    RG Fusco, Harris
    LT Loadholt, Clemmings, Boone or Smith??


    I'd like to see Clemmings get a year as a backup in training and test a little bit in preseason if he could maybe someday play LT, or if he looks more like a career RT/RG.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ar-alex-boone/

    He has the build and experience at LT, so could be an emergency plug in over there too.

    Osemele was the top option and he got 60 mil. Signing Boone for 26 sounds like a steal of a deal in comparison. Leaving us more room for other improvements. According to PFT they're talking to Andre Smith of the Bengals too...smokescreen to help him get signed? Or more competition at RT??

    And the best part? Depth and Competition at every spot along the OL!

    LT Kalil, or Clemmings or Boone or ?
    LG Boone, Berger
    C Sully/Berger
    RG Fusco, Harris
    LT Loadholt, Clemmings, Boone or Smith??


    I'd like to see Clemmings get a year as a backup in training and test a little bit in preseason if he could maybe someday play LT, or if he looks more like a career RT/RG.



    Yeah, I'd like to see him play and learn behind Kalil at LT, I don;t think he has the build or mentality to play RT. We should have our LG in Boone and if Sully does start at center Berger would be a nice player to compete at RG. We are also in the hunt for a guard in the draft. My guess now is that it won't be the first or second round but the third round when we draft one: just a hunch on my part.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  5. Boone is the only Vikings lineman who is better at pass blocking than run blocking. Some of these schmoes on the O-line are good run blockers because they are blocking for AP. AP is so special, he can overcome a bad line. Teddy isn't; yet.
    Boone may be an average rated guard, but he is going to be a huge upgrade when it comes to one of the offenses big weaknesses. And that is pressure up the middle. If Teddy has a pocket to step up into, he is going to show significant improvement.
    Boone won't help AP a lot, but AP doesn't need much help.
    And Boone is very happy and motivated to be playing for the Vikings.
    I like this move.

  6. #16
    They not just need to block for AP. But they need to keep TB from being sacked. Just hope Boone will do so and be happy to play for the Vikings Jargomcfargo.
    Ready for Christmas!

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    Boone is the only Vikings lineman who is better at pass blocking than run blocking. Some of these schmoes on the O-line are good run blockers because they are blocking for AP. AP is so special, he can overcome a bad line. Teddy isn't; yet.
    Boone may be an average rated guard, but he is going to be a huge upgrade when it comes to one of the offenses big weaknesses. And that is pressure up the middle. If Teddy has a pocket to step up into, he is going to show significant improvement.
    Boone won't help AP a lot, but AP doesn't need much help.
    And Boone is very happy and motivated to be playing for the Vikings.
    I like this move.
    +1. Love his enthusiasm.


    Qui tacet, consentit.

  8. I think that Clemmings will be Loadholt's replacement next year.

    Just the few clips I saw of Boone, he can run block. He sticks to guys just enough. He is a big dude, has height and arm length but he doesn't look 300. He is very enthusiastic to be here. We have to remember that he helped Gore get yards in SF, he can definitely help AP get yards. We have a good stable of young talent on the line to mold for upcoming years.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I think that Clemmings will be Loadholt's replacement next year.

    Just the few clips I saw of Boone, he can run block. He sticks to guys just enough. He is a big dude, has height and arm length but he doesn't look 300. He is very enthusiastic to be here. We have to remember that he helped Gore get yards in SF, he can definitely help AP get yards. We have a good stable of young talent on the line to mold for upcoming years.
    I'm largely with you...very pleased with the Boone add. #sporano He's made some very powerful statements about the NFC North, the Vikes' Coaching Staff, and being a part of this Team. For some reason, I think this kid is going to be the kind of Leader that is going to make a major difference in OL play. I just think he and Sully will be the ones holding the group accountable...this is a very good move IMHO.

    Re: Clemmings...I think he is destined for a long, successful career. I will not be surprised if he ends up as the Vikes' LT at some point, primarily due to his athleticism.

    Also, I love the fact that Spielman was able to resign Harris and Loadholt with no, or minimal, guaranteed money... Players WANT to play here.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  10. Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I'm largely with you...very pleased with the Boone add. #sporano He's made some very powerful statements about the NFC North, the Vikes' Coaching Staff, and being a part of this Team. For some reason, I think this kid is going to be the kind of Leader that is going to make a major difference in OL play. I just think he and Sully will be the ones holding the group accountable...this is a very good move IMHO.

    Re: Clemmings...I think he is destined for a long, successful career. I will not be surprised if he ends up as the Vikes' LT at some point, primarily due to his athleticism.

    Also, I love the fact that Spielman was able to resign Harris and Loadholt with no, or minimal, guaranteed money... Players WANT to play here.
    And they should! This is a talented but young and improving team that should compete for years given the experience on the coaching staff and their current trajectory.

    Loved that interview with Boone on Vikings.com! Kid seems like a throw back, old school Black-N-Blue Division type of brawler!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •