Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The O Line

The O Line

SO now with the signing of Boone gotta wonder what the Oline looks like?

My best guess is the following

LT - Kalil
    LG - Boone
    C - Sullivan
    RG - Berger
    RT - Loadholt

Clemons backs up RT, RG
    Fusco back up LG, RG
    Harris - odd man out?
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Let's not fool ourselves, Boone is mediocre at best. He hasn't been good since 2012.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

3. My guess is

Kalil LT
    Boone LG
    Sullivan C
    Fusco RG
    Loadholt RT

If Fusco or Loadholt struggle, Chris Harris will start.

Boone is not the end all be all, but he should be an upgrade from what we had last year.. Kalil gets one more shot to prove his worth, and with a healthy Sullivan and Loadholt back, we should be much improved on the OL.. Look at the bright side, we can't be any worse..

Berger played too good to go to the bench
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Let's not fool ourselves, Boone is mediocre at best. He hasn't been good since 2012.
    Maybe true... Reputation is solid run blocker, regressed as pass protector. Admittedly, don't know much more than that, I'll look into him further.

With that said, I'm looking forward to Sparano's approach to OL...I like the fact that Zim added him.

And, I'm confident the Vikes' OL will improve play through competition, coaching, and some changes. The Harris re-signing and the Boone signing, combined with Berger and Fusco playing out of their natural position in '15, is evidence to my point re: competition.

I would think all OLs on the Roster have sweaty palms...now, on March 9. There is still the Draft, and a lot of Free Agency to go. Gonna be fun to watch.

Not gonna by any means conclude things are set.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-09-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

The Boone signing plus players coming back healthy makes me feel much better about the OL already.

I predict the same lineup as Vikesfaninwis but who knows, that may not be done finding significant O line help yet
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

7. Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    My guess is

Kalil LT
    Boone LG
    Sullivan C
    Fusco RG
    Loadholt RT

If Fusco or Loadholt struggle, Chris Harris will start.

Boone is not the end all be all, but he should be an upgrade from what we had last year.. Kalil gets one more shot to prove his worth, and with a healthy Sullivan and Loadholt back, we should be much improved on the OL.. Look at the bright side, we can't be any worse..
    Do you mean MIKE Harris?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    The fact is that his signing is an improvement at LG, he will be better than Fusco. He is a much better pass blocker. And according to PFF he was ranked 17th, I think i saw Fusco rated 35, so there is a difference in the two guards. If we improve every position by that level I would be very excited for a super bowl run. Hopefully we will get another good guard in the draft now.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Here is an article you should read about our O-line potential for next year.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/3/...ht-not-be-done

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    The fact is that his signing is an improvement at LG, he will be better than Fusco. He is a much better pass blocker. And according to PFF he was ranked 17th, I think i saw Fusco rated 35, so there is a difference in the two guards. If we improve every position by that level I would be very excited for a super bowl run. Hopefully we will get another good guard in the draft now.
    I am actually with you on this. Boone is an average guard probably and has some of the tools to be a little more than that.

This team is not far from being something special. Subtle improvements can go a long way. Loadholt, Sully and Boone additions can only help the offensive line, even if they are not truly top level performers.

I don't hate this signing considering what is available on the market, but I also am not going to act like we got a top level guy. He is an improvement ... and I will take that for now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast