• Bring in competition

9 36.00%
  • Cut him

4 16.00%
  • I'm not worried yet

9 36.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Norseman The Official Blair Walsh Thread

I believe it is time to start looking for his replacement. He's is having major issues, there anyone out there that could finish the year?

Hey last year he had a percentage below 75% and this year he is tied at the top of the league with missed extra points, with a young less than stellar scoring passing game a flaky kicker is a huge liability....bring in competition

3. Blair, you are killing me! I want to love ya, but you are killing me.........

Blog Entries
    I like the guy but fear that he is going to cost us games before long. I understand that the competition committee moving the XPs back to was to make them less automatic, that's fine. However his FG kicking is not as stellar and the one before half-time yesterday was indoors in a controlled enviroment.
    Think the Vikes need to bring in competition to remind him that no-one is irreplaceable
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Blair has a cannon for a leg, how do you just get rid of that? No one seems to mention the new snapper, / holder / ect. May not be all on Blair, and if it is, I'm still not that worried, he's kicked every field goal needed, when needed the most, and that includes game winners. Not to mention, his kick offs are almost always non returnable. That is worth a ton right there.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Blair has a cannon for a leg, how do you just get rid of that? No one seems to mention the new snapper, / holder / ect. May not be all on Blair, and if it is, I'm still not that worried, he's kicked every field goal needed, when needed the most, and that includes game winners. Not to mention, his kick offs are almost always non returnable. That is worth a ton right there.
    Agreed and it's not a cut and dried thing to just get rid of him. I really want to wait for him to get back indoors at home next year which will do a lot for his confidence, but I'm worried he may end up costing a crucial game when we don't have the chance to get back eg playoffs
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

This thread is absolutely ridiculous.

A missed 50+ field goal and we need to dump our very solid kicker? Kickers have ups and downs. It is common. But this guy can kick. He is not a liability on kickoffs and he CAN hit from 55+. News flash ... kickers MISS FIELD GOALS. It happens. Hell, now they miss extra points.

He is third in the league in field goals made. He was a major contributor in our wins over Kansas City, Detroit, Chicago and St. Louis. He has hit clutch field goals to WIN games. He kicks in a very tough, cold and outdoor environment. And is kicking at a 83% clip for the season, which leaves a little to be desired, but is certainly not dreadful.

I am not happy with the missed extra points, but there are a bunch of people missing extra points (including at least one guy who has missed four and six other guys who have missed three). He certainly is not Stephen Gostkowski, but he is a pretty solid NFL kicker.

Obviously, kickers come and go pretty fast, and next week he could completely melt down, but right now, he has been a consistent source of points on a team that does not score many.

ANYBODY who is calling for Blair Walsh's head and NOT calling for Teddy Bridgewater's is utterly and completely delusional.

A few years back, Mason Crosby had a lack-luster year, which had Packer fans calling for his head. I believe that Ted Thompson held some tryouts for other place kickers. Since then, he has been a solid producer for them. Perhaps this is what Walsh needs, a reminder that he is not expendable.

If you're wondering why I know so much about the Packers, I married a born-and-raised Wisconsin Packer fan, and I live in WI, so I get it shoved in my face 24/7/365. I'm deep inside enemy territory.

Peace through superior firepower!

Very good season for Blair. He ended up leading the league in FGs and was second in makes of more than 50 yards!

On a team that stalls in the Red Zone every now and then he proved to be a huge asset. I hope he can make some big kicks in the playoffs.

Blair went through a rough stretch from the end of last season through training camp this year, and the extended extra points gave him a bit of a problem this season. But it still boils down to he is plenty accurate with a ton of leg, both on field goals and kickoffs. He is our kicker for this decade.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast