Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Treadwell is an absolute stud and is going to remain the No. 1 WR in the draft, which means we will not get a shot at him.

I love Fuller or Miller in the 2nd/3rd depending on how things fan out.
    Speaking to the choir on this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Treadwell is an absolute stud and is going to remain the No. 1 WR in the draft, which means we will not get a shot at him.

I love Fuller or Miller in the 2nd/3rd depending on how things fan out.
    We may get a shot at him, there are a lot of teams who will drop him out of the first round simply because of his forty. Just like Zimmer won't take certain DEs if they don't have the tape measure requirements for his system.

I think if Treadwell gets past NYG we have a really good shot at him. Houston right before us would be my big worry if you want to draft this guy.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

3. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Treadwell would be a perfect fit for us. He will win contested balls that TB throws up, he is a great run after the catch type guy and he is the redzone guy we have been looking for. His forty is not that big of a deal in our scheme, TB does not throw down field 0ften and when he does it is not very pretty, so if you have a guy who can fight and win those battles it will be a good fit for the Vikes.

My two favorite WRs are still Fuller and Miller.
    I see Treadwell as a young Anquan Boldin. He's not going to blaze by any NFL DBs but he will catch jump balls and get us the first downs needed to continue feeding Peterson the ball. His 40 time may be a blessing in disguise that plays right in to our hands IF the teams in front of us fall in love with Fuller's speed or the highlight reel catches of Doctson and/or Coleman. Plus, his size blocking outside in our old school run first offense can't be overlooked.

But, I'm thinking WR in the 2nd or 3rd too. There's just such depth at the position, and seemingly, a little flavor for everyone's favorite appetite. Here's my latest run, pretty much BPA to fill a need all the way through...
    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=byfgsd

1. Jarran Reed, DT, a 2 down run stuffing space eater with tree trunks for limbs.
    2. Sterling Sheppard, WR, considered the most polished route runner of the draft, Shepard was a top combine performer at both bench and vertical and only dropped 8 balls over 253 opps. This polish would make him an immediate contributor in our circle of no.2 WRs.
    3. Su'a Cravens, S/OLB, a player with better instincts than athletism who can play OLB on early downs and possibly push for S reps too.
    4. Christian Westerman, OG, considered short for the position but strong and tough, a good bet to beat out Fusco and Harris at RG sooner than later.

Edit* just wanted to add...That while it is obvious we need to fix our bottom 5 ranking of passing offense, not so much talked about is our run D. While Zimmer almost immediately switched our bottom 5 pass D into a top 10 unit, our Run D has been steadily heading the wrong way. We might see something like this draft that focuses on fixing our 2 weaknesses.

Reed makes us tougher and stronger up front, and Cravens would seem to be a perfect fit as an in the box S, potentially improving our Run D in a BIG way.
    Last edited by mountainviking; 03-31-2016 at 01:04 PM.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

4. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I see Treadwell as a young Anquan Boldin. He's not going to blaze by any NFL DBs but he will catch jump balls and get us the first downs needed to continue feeding Peterson the ball. His 40 time may be a blessing in disguise that plays right in to our hands IF the teams in front of us fall in love with Fuller's speed or the highlight reel catches of Doctson and/or Coleman. Plus, his size blocking outside in our old school run first offense can't be overlooked.

But, I'm thinking WR in the 2nd or 3rd too. There's just such depth at the position, and seemingly, a little flavor for everyone's favorite appetite. Here's my latest run, pretty much BPA to fill a need all the way through...
    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=byfgsd

1. Jarran Reed, DT, a 2 down run stuffing space eater with tree trunks for limbs.
    2. Sterling Sheppard, WR, considered the most polished route runner of the draft, Shepard was a top combine performer at both bench and vertical and only dropped 8 balls over 253 opps. This polish would make him an immediate contributor in our circle of no.2 WRs.
    3. Su'a Cravens, S/OLB, a player with better instincts than athletism who can play OLB on early downs and possibly push for S reps too.
    4. Christian Westerman, OG, considered short for the position but strong and tough, a good bet to beat out Fusco and Harris at RG sooner than later.

Edit* just wanted to add...That while it is obvious we need to fix our bottom 5 ranking of passing offense, not so much talked about is our run D. While Zimmer almost immediately switched our bottom 5 pass D into a top 10 unit, our Run D has been steadily heading the wrong way. We might see something like this draft that focuses on fixing our 2 weaknesses.

Reed makes us tougher and stronger up front, and Cravens would seem to be a perfect fit as an in the box S, potentially improving our Run D in a BIG way.
    I think there was a lot of foreshadowing in Zimmer's press conference in Boca. He eluded to the fact that they are always looking for "nickel package defensive lineman" and stated that they are just as important as nickel DBacks. Ben Gosling wrote an article which I agree with...http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vi...shers-in-draft

With that said, I think our draft may very well look very much like yours. I didn't realize this but Robison played 30% of his snaps as DT last year.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Well it seems Treadwell will be going to a stinker of a team like the Titans or the Browns. But at least he will be hopefully an elite player in the league for years to come.
    Ready for Christmas!

6. Another day another run...how many days til draft day again!??

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=fmlhms

1. Treadwell
    2. Kenny Clark, DT
    3. Miles Kilebrew, SS
    4. Cardale Jones, QB

I think Treadwell now has a good chance of falling to us at 23. Not sure we'll pick him there, but I think he will be an option. There are a lot of other good WR prospects and I'm feeling that position will still look good to many teams in round 2 and 3. And, there is some top notch talent available on defense. This mock represents what I suspect will happen, the big boys who can move will keep sliding up the boards because they're rare. In this mock, 5 DTs and 4 DEs are off the board by our pick at 23, as well as the top 3 OL, 2 QBs, and a RB.

I just think Treadwell is the perfect fit for us as we already have 2 small fast guys and really could use a solid possession guy with size and toughness. His ability to block outside and downfield will help Peterson roll off big runs and boxing out a defender for 7 yards on 3rd and 5 is plenty nuf to give AD a couple more carries, our defense some more rest, and Teddy some quickly growing confidence.

Kenny Clark would be a steal at our pick in the 2nd and his run stuffing in the middle of the line would be much appreciated and force opponents to test our talented corners and fearsome pass rush. Along the same lines, Killebrew brings another level of size to our S opposite Smith and another force vs. the run.

Cardale Jones is a project, but Sean Hill's performance in backup duty last year was unacceptable. We need to be able to get something done with a backup QB when necessary and if Jones develops some of Teddy's poise to go with his arm strength, might either push for starting or fetch us a nice high pick someday.

Notice a theme here? Size and toughness all the way through.

7. Well, here is my last mock draft, I think I took some players that will make this team a much tougher and more athletic team.

1. Laquon Treadwell - WR - Ole Miss - I really wanted to take some other prospects because there were some talented players on the board but I took him because of our need for a big WR. I think Ricky will trade down with this pick though.

2. Vernon Butler - DT - La Tech - He is a beast at 335 lbs. and is very agile fro his size. He can make plays from his DT position and I like his motor, he will make our team even nastier.

3. Deion Jones - OLB - LSU - He is a very fast, instinctive LB who will be able to play the will. He is a bit undersized but he makes up for it with his quickness and instincts (he ran a 4.38, 40 at the combine). He is the last piece to our young LB corp and is a very well suited to tackling in open spaces.

4. Miles Killebrew - SS - So. Utah - He is a big (6' 2" - 219 lbs.), fast (4.49 - 40), athletic, hard hitting safety. he is my favorite safety in the draft, he can bring the wood and he is good in coverage. He may need some coaching, he sometimes has trouble reading plays, something I think Zimmer will solve rather quickly.

5. Denver Kirkland - G - Ark - He is a mountain of a man (6' 5" 340) and he has a tough streak in him. He is the type of lineman the Vikings are looking for.

6. Ben Braunecker - TE - Harvard - Braunecker was in the top five in all the drill at the combine for TE, he is very athletic and has good size, he would be an insurance policy for Rudolph.

7A. Jeff Driskell - QB - La Tech - He is a big, strong armed QB who is this low simply because FLA was a big hot mess and he was the scape goat. He had a great year at La Tech and should have a second round grade IMO!

7B. Tom Hackett - p - Utah - He is a very good punter who can hit it inside the twenty like a sniper. He has a powerful leg and he was clutch when the Utes needed him. He is also the two time winner of the Ray Guy award for punting. The way our team is set up he would be a valuable asset when we play field position in close games.

Well, there is my last draft, as I stated earlier, Ricky will probably trade out of the top spot and we won't have Treadwell, my guess is Thomas in the second with an extra pick to boot. I like Shepard too, as I said earlier Antonio Brown is Pitt's #1 and he is the same size as Shepard. I think CJ also when healthy is a great #1 option for this team. I think these players add size, athleticism, and above all else they all add the attitude we want for our team next year.

SKOL

Go Vikings, see you after the draft!!!!
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 04-26-2016 at 07:46 AM.

8. LOVE it Tark!! I think we would all be very happy if it shakes out this way.

Another team that could trade up is TEN, not sure what the target would be, last best DB maybe? But they have 3 second rounders and a bunch of other picks. Plenty ammo to move around...

9. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    LOVE it Tark!! I think we would all be very happy if it shakes out this way.

Another team that could trade up is TEN, not sure what the target would be, last best DB maybe? But they have 3 second rounders and a bunch of other picks. Plenty ammo to move around...
    Thanks Mountain, I know Ricky will be wheeling and dealing so I hope we at least get a couple of those guys. I would love Butler, Jones and Killebrew. Have a great draft everyone!!!

Blog Entries
    I agree that Tark had a GREAT mock draft! For what it's worth, I decided to try my hand at the Fanspeak mock draft for the Vikings. Here's how my mock turned out:

Round 1 - WR Josh Doctson, TCU. Treadwell was gone in my mock, so Doctson was the best WR available and BPA in my opinion. He has really good hands and is faster than Treadwell. Hope we get him Thursday evening!

Round 2 - TE Hunter Henry, Arkansas. BPA at this point in the draft, and (in my opinion) the best TE in the draft. Potential upgrade to Kyle Rudolph, or at least get him in the TE rotation.

Round 3 - DT Adolphus Washington, Ohio State. I wanted a DT at some point on Day 2 of the draft, to help us stop the run better. Washington should get in the DT rotation.

Round 4 - OLB Joe Schobert, Wisconsin. Schobert can back up Greenway in 2016, and can be a candidate to replace Greenway when he retires.

Round 5 - QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State. I feel strongly that our backup QB position needs upgrading, as Shawn Hill is on his last legs. Jones will be a fine backup QB for Teddy (assuming Heinecke is not backup QB material). If Teddy gets injured, or somehow doesn't work out for us, ...

Round 6 - S Trent Matthews, Colorado State. I didn't forget about the need for another safety. The value just wasn't there in my opinion until this point. Depth at the safety position, if he makes the final 53.

Round 7A - OT Tyler Johnstone, Oregon. With Kalil's knees and Loadholt's age and Achilles, depth at OT is needed. Assuming he makes the final 53, here's that OT depth.

Round 7B - WR Hunter Sharp, Utah State. If he makes the final 53, perhaps some value at bakup WR or maybe on special teams.

P.S. Who knows what we'll find for undrafted players?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast