Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Fanspeak Mock Draft

I was on fanspeak and here is my mock draft, enjoy.

1. Cody Whitehair - G - KST - He has the ability to play LG for us, a plug and play guy. Many believe he is a future pro bowler. He could play tackle in a pinch, he has excellent feet, solid pass pro, and a very good run blocker, very solid all the way around.

2. Braxton Miller- WR - OSU - As I said before he won't be here but he was in this model so I took him. He will be a great return man this year and I believe he will start to produce mid season much like Diggs. I think the next year is when we will see the production and he will be a special player.

3. Eric Striker - OLB - OK - Striker flies to the ball with bad intentions, I love his style of play. He is fast and active at the LB position. He will solidify our LB corp for a long time. He is also very aggressive and very physical. I feel he is a first round talent that slips because of his measurables. Most teams just don't know where to place him in their D.

4. Miles Killebrew - SS - S. Utah - He is a perfect compliment to Smith, a big body with very good speed. he is a physical hitter that we can place in the box. He is only decent in coverage but with Zimmer's help you never know.

5. Evan Boehm -C - Missouri - He is a very good center, a bit undersized. He will need to get stronger and hit the weights. he should be able to make the team as a back up.

6. Joe Dahl - T - Wash St. - He is a very good pass pro tackle. You have to be coming out of Washington st. He will need to practice a three point stance and he will have to work on his man blocking skills.

7A Jeff Driskel - QB - LA Tech - He was the #1 player in the nation coming out of high school. He was unfairly blamed for the Fla. Gators train wreck that happened under his watch. He transferred to La. Tech and had a great year. He has all the measurables and should be very coachable. His coach at La.Tech said he was very coachable and loved the kid.

7B- Tom Hackett - P - Utah - He will definitely beat out Locke, I think he was a Ray Guy finalist and has a booming leg. He was very accurate with his kicks pinning opponents inside the twenty.

I liked this draft and feel if we get these guys we will be very dangerous next year. We will have filled the hole at SS and Will. Killebrew will solidify our secondary and striker will make our LB corp one of the best in the NFL. Whitehair will fix our Guard problem and give us a lineman that is actually considered a strength for the team, imagine that.

Boehm may need a year to adjust to the NFL but he should make the team, he does have enough talent. Joe Dahl may be our answer at RT if Clemmings doesn't improve, I would rather have Dahl who is good at pass pro then Clemmings who is average at everything.

Jeff Driskell is a very good prospect, he has great tools and may be our #3 QB next year if we let Hill go. That would mean Heinicke has progressed to be our #2 QB

Hackett should help our team just by his big leg and flipping the field and also pinning our opponents inside the twenty. Well, that is one possible draft scenario; I would be very happy if it went that way.

SKOL
    Vikings

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

2. I like it. First 4 picks all fill, ummm, not necessarily holes, but depth deficiencies at the very least!

I can't wait to see the combine results, as I'm sure much will change in the rankings, especially at WR. I like Miller's potential, but from what I've seen so far, he reminds me way too much of Cordarrelle. 99% project and 1% polish is not what I'm looking for at WR for this team the way they played last year and what I hope they can improve upon going forward.

Sorry, but I'd kinda hoping to see Miller blow up the combine and go before our first pick, leaving us to choose from Thomas or Doctson or maybe even Treadwell. More catches. More experience. Most likely, more year 1 contribution.

And, because of last year's success and being close to a true contender, I suspect that we will add some free agent talent this year too. Osemele would change the need for Whitehair. An Andre Johnson or Anquan Boldin might mean we can afford to take the flyer on Miller and drop CP and/or CJ.

And, lastly, I've got a gut feeling that Jaylon Smith is going to drop to us in the 1st because of the timing of his injury. And with our affinity for Notre Dame players and potentially Greenway to start the season, that would be just too good to pass up on that LBer trio going forward. Plus, I'm kinda in love with the idea of having a trio of bad ass LBers who can all play vs. the run And pass.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

3. I love this site this time of the year...Check out this shit! I suspect you'd love it Tark...
    23: R1P23
    OT JACK CONKLIN MICHIGAN ST
    Big mean blue collar blocker who'd likely be besties with Boone immediately. Can't you just see these two loving to kick the crap out of dudes together!? Trade Kalil for a soda and a bucket of popcorn. Maybe, we could get a 4th out of him.
    54: R2P23
    WR WILLIAM FULLER NOTRE DAME
    Fastest WR in the draft and with the polish and production to back it up. Ricky likes him some Notre Dame and this would just be too good to pass up.
    86: R3P23
    WR BRAXTON MILLER OHIO STATE
    Another total value pick here adding a potential superstar athlete with top intangibles. He'll take some development, but would be a great replacement for Patterson who also brings some sub-package QB skills. Hell we might be better scratching back yard plays in the dirt with this guy than how Sean Hill looked last season after Teddy got knocked the F*** out.
    122: R4P23
    OLB ERIC STRIKER OKLAHOMA
    OMG, you kidding me!? Another perfect value selection here. A guy who can already rush the passer who could end up being our OLB for that 35 or 40% of snaps we need a third, or possibly even a hybrid S/OLB.

2 WRs, that's crazy you're thinking? Maybe not...this could help spur Teddy's development as a passer and help steer the Vikings in to a new era of passing past the Peterson era!

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I love this site too...it helps pass time and assists in informing about the prospects in an interactive way. Here's my latest 4 Round Draft in the Simulator...

23: R1P23 DT SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE
    54: R2P23 WR JOSH DOCTSON TCU
    86: R3P23 S KARL JOSEPH WEST VIRGINIA
    122: R4P23 ILB NICK VIGIL UTAH STATE

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I love this site too...it helps pass time and assists in informing about the prospects in an interactive way. Here's my latest 4 Round Draft in the Simulator...

23: R1P23 DT SHELDON RANKINS LOUISVILLE
    86: R3P23 S KARL JOSEPH WEST VIRGINIA
    122: R4P23 ILB NICK VIGIL UTAH STATE

a 7 Round Version...I guess the point is, due to the retention of players and the addition of a few key players, I DID NOT go high with OL. I think the Vikes have set the roster brilliantly to go for BPA. Certainly not anywhere near the prep and with the insight to the strategy of building the roster our VERY qualified coaching Staff and GM have. But, I kinda like this Draft.
    23: R1P23 ILB REGGIE RAGLAND ALABAMA
    86: R3P23 S MILES KILLEBREW SOUTHERN UTAH
    122: R4P23 OLB ERIC STRIKER OKLAHOMA
    161: R5P21 DT WILLIE HENRY MICHIGAN
    181: R6P5 RB KEITH MARSHALL GEORGIA
    241: R7P19 QB CODY KESSLER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
    245: R7P23 G JORDAN WALSH IOWA

6. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I love this site this time of the year...Check out this shit! I suspect you'd love it Tark...
    23: R1P23
    OT JACK CONKLIN MICHIGAN ST
    Big mean blue collar blocker who'd likely be besties with Boone immediately. Can't you just see these two loving to kick the crap out of dudes together!? Trade Kalil for a soda and a bucket of popcorn. Maybe, we could get a 4th out of him.
    54: R2P23
    WR WILLIAM FULLER NOTRE DAME
    Fastest WR in the draft and with the polish and production to back it up. Ricky likes him some Notre Dame and this would just be too good to pass up.
    86: R3P23
    WR BRAXTON MILLER OHIO STATE
    Another total value pick here adding a potential superstar athlete with top intangibles. He'll take some development, but would be a great replacement for Patterson who also brings some sub-package QB skills. Hell we might be better scratching back yard plays in the dirt with this guy than how Sean Hill looked last season after Teddy got knocked the F*** out.
    122: R4P23
    OLB ERIC STRIKER OKLAHOMA
    OMG, you kidding me!? Another perfect value selection here. A guy who can already rush the passer who could end up being our OLB for that 35 or 40% of snaps we need a third, or possibly even a hybrid S/OLB.

2 WRs, that's crazy you're thinking? Maybe not...this could help spur Teddy's development as a passer and help steer the Vikings in to a new era of passing past the Peterson era!

BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I love all those guys. The problem with Striker, who I would love the Vikes to draft, is his combine. He was really slow, I believe a 4.8 forty. You can be small and fast or tall and slow but you won't get drafted short and slow, it just doesn't happen in the NFL these days. We might sign him as a free agent or in the seventh round but he will not go very high at all.

I had Miller as my top WR in the draft but he ran slower then I expected and Fuller ran faster then I expected at the combine so I switched them. i would love Fuller in our offense, he can blow the top off a defense and he can make something happen after the catch. My only knock on Fuller is he is a bit of a body catcher and that leads to drops.

Braxton Miller will be a stud in the NFL but I am not sure Ricky will take both of those guys. If he takes Fuller in the second he will he will go D in the third, especially considering we went offense with our first round pick also in your scenario. I would venture a guess and say we take OLB or S with the third pick, maybe Killebrew.

Great players though, I would be happy with those guys.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

7. Thanks, I have checked out the site and here is my latest Draft, it doesn't have a WR because the way the draft fell, I am sure they will trade up and down and draft one but given the info and not being able to move I took the BPA.

1. Leonard Floyd - OLB - Georgia. I would love to get Lee but his combine drove him up to the first half of the draft. This kid is very athletic and would be a nice fit at the Will, he can chase and has very good instincts.

2. Vernon Butler - DT - La Tech - I like him right after Billings, he would be a very disruptive force for our DT rotation.

3. Spencer Drango - G - Baylor - He is the type of lineman we are looking for in this draft. He will compete and may start at RG.

4. Miles Killebrew - S - Southern Utah - He is a great hard hitting safety who is very instinctive. As I have said earlier the only reason he falls this low is because of his forty and he is from a small school. He is getting some attention from the pundits and we may have to draft him in the third if we want him. He is a climber, that is why the draft can't come fast enough for me.

5. James Bradberry - Samford - CB - Here is another climber, he is another one who is penalized for coming from a small school. He is a great athlete, he is very fast and Ricky loves to take chances on great athletes at the end of the draft. A month ago you would have probably been able to draft him in the seventh round, now you had better get him by the fifth. And come draft day it may even be the fourth or higher.

6. Jeff Driskel - QB - La Tech - He has all the tools and i have already talked about his history at FLA. At the end of the day he is big and can really spin it.

7A. Connor McGovern - G - Missouri - He is the 5th best guard on a lot of boards. It would be a good pick up if we can get him here. Again IMO the BPA at this point.

7B. Tom Hackett - P - Utah - He will be our starter day 1. He has won two Ray Guy awards need I say more.

As I stated earlier, they will draft a WR but they will have to maneuver around because where we are in the draft order doesn't lend itself to a good draft choice at WR IMO.
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 03-21-2016 at 10:10 AM.

8. As I stated earlier, they will draft a WR but they will have to maneuver around because where we are in the draft order doesn't lend itself to a good draft choice at WR IMO.
    WR isn't as top heavy as last year, but just as deep with a bunch of good prospects who look like good bets to be major contributors given a little time. This depth and higher end talent available on the defensive side, especially combined with Denver's Defense winning the championship this year, could very well push WRs down the board past where they probably ought to go.

IF Treadwell is still there at 23 can we pass on him? Wasn't speed the knock on Hopkins in HOU? That kid sure as hell has impressed despite questionable QB play!

I've seen some comments suggesting that Doctson has made an argument to be the first WR drafted this year, so unfortunately, I don't think he'll get to our 2nd rounder like MaxVike's mock. I usually see him going early 2nd if not in the first. Carolina could use his catch radius late first, and all of the top picks of the 2nd need another threat too: CLE, TEN, DAL, & SD. I love Doctson, the way he goes up and gets the ball reminds me of Moss, and we haven't had anything like that in a really long time. Granted, not Moss' impressive downfield speed, but every bit of jump and arm length to make contested catches look easy and to turn off target throws in to scores.

Back to the OL pick I made...fat chance Conklin is there at 23, too much need and too few 'dancing bears' available. The big men who can move always move up the board too. I just felt like, if he was there, you take him over even pick of the WR litter, because we hopefully won't be picking early enough for quite a while to snag a LT prospect of his quality...and, I like how his tenacity fits with Boone and what we like to do as an old school run it down their throats and play solid D type of team.

9. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    WR isn't as top heavy as last year, but just as deep with a bunch of good prospects who look like good bets to be major contributors given a little time. This depth and higher end talent available on the defensive side, especially combined with Denver's Defense winning the championship this year, could very well push WRs down the board past where they probably ought to go.

IF Treadwell is still there at 23 can we pass on him? Wasn't speed the knock on Hopkins in HOU? That kid sure as hell has impressed despite questionable QB play!

I've seen some comments suggesting that Doctson has made an argument to be the first WR drafted this year, so unfortunately, I don't think he'll get to our 2nd rounder like MaxVike's mock. I usually see him going early 2nd if not in the first. Carolina could use his catch radius late first, and all of the top picks of the 2nd need another threat too: CLE, TEN, DAL, & SD. I love Doctson, the way he goes up and gets the ball reminds me of Moss, and we haven't had anything like that in a really long time. Granted, not Moss' impressive downfield speed, but every bit of jump and arm length to make contested catches look easy and to turn off target throws in to scores.

Back to the OL pick I made...fat chance Conklin is there at 23, too much need and too few 'dancing bears' available. The big men who can move always move up the board too. I just felt like, if he was there, you take him over even pick of the WR litter, because we hopefully won't be picking early enough for quite a while to snag a LT prospect of his quality...and, I like how his tenacity fits with Boone and what we like to do as an old school run it down their throats and play solid D type of team.
    Great analysis, it should be real interesting what happens, who will be there and will we trade out. I know we need about four positions to become a real contender for the Lombardi trophy. We have to get a Will, S, RG and WR to move to the next level. we will see how Ricky and Zim do it.

10. reposting...
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-21-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast