Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I love this site this time of the year...Check out this shit! I suspect you'd love it Tark...
    23: R1P23
    OT JACK CONKLIN MICHIGAN ST
    Big mean blue collar blocker who'd likely be besties with Boone immediately. Can't you just see these two loving to kick the crap out of dudes together!? Trade Kalil for a soda and a bucket of popcorn. Maybe, we could get a 4th out of him.
    54: R2P23
    WR WILLIAM FULLER NOTRE DAME
    Fastest WR in the draft and with the polish and production to back it up. Ricky likes him some Notre Dame and this would just be too good to pass up.
    86: R3P23
    WR BRAXTON MILLER OHIO STATE
    Another total value pick here adding a potential superstar athlete with top intangibles. He'll take some development, but would be a great replacement for Patterson who also brings some sub-package QB skills. Hell we might be better scratching back yard plays in the dirt with this guy than how Sean Hill looked last season after Teddy got knocked the F*** out.
    122: R4P23
    OLB ERIC STRIKER OKLAHOMA
    OMG, you kidding me!? Another perfect value selection here. A guy who can already rush the passer who could end up being our OLB for that 35 or 40% of snaps we need a third, or possibly even a hybrid S/OLB.


    2 WRs, that's crazy you're thinking? Maybe not...this could help spur Teddy's development as a passer and help steer the Vikings in to a new era of passing past the Peterson era!

    BAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Love it, but, call me crazy, I don't see the Vikes drafting a Tackle... Pat Kirwan brought up a great point on Sirius NFL Radio today...literally no team had 4 OTs on their game day rosters in '15. He went on to say that if he were a GM today, and in need of a tackle, he'd be calling Spielman, looking for a trade. Jim Miller made the exact point I've been making...I think Clemmings will move to LT, to learn the position while Kalil either makes it or breaks it this year. Loadholt will compete with Andre Smith, but, I think Load is the odd man out, via trade...which, was the point they were making. It's perspective I'm not sure we've discussed, but, I could see that scenario. I just don't see OT in Round 1 for sure.

    Fuller and Miller would be an awesome duo for the next few years! Also, I like Striker...I've picked him a few times too.
    Last edited by MaxVike; 03-21-2016 at 05:42 PM.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  2. Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Great analysis, it should be real interesting what happens, who will be there and will we trade out. I know we need about four positions to become a real contender for the Lombardi trophy. We have to get a Will, S, RG and WR to move to the next level. we will see how Ricky and Zim do it.
    Will-I'd still love to see us snag Jaylon Smith, but where he goes is really up in the air...2nd? 3rd? 4th? And then resign Greenway to ease the transition. BUT, I keep seeing ILB ties to us too. Reggie Ragland has a visit scheduled. They talked to Terrance Smith at the Shrine Game. Maybe Kendricks is that guy on early downs and we're only looking for a 2 down run plugger?

    S-Call it a gut hunch, but I could really see a late career renaissance for Michael Griffin in Zimmer's scheme. And assuming we pay Smith the money he's do, we might draft another later project there to groom behind him.

    RG-Fusco had some pretty good years at RG, he could be the guy there, and its good to have Harris pushing him and as a multi backup. Part of what happened last year was injuries that tested depth.

    WR-We have some talent in Diggs and Wright and I hope and expect to see an ever expanding Sproles-esque role for McKinnon too! But, I've grown tired of hoping we got lucky with CJ or picked right with CP. I'd like to see us add 2 to this competition too, preferably a reliable vet like Anquan Boldin AND a young baller with a huge catch radius like Doctson or Treadwell. The vet helps the learning curve of our young guys and comes in prepared to run the right route and block the right guy downfield and outside.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. Another run this morning, and went with your thoughts here, passing by Conklin and Decker for Ragland in the first. He would likely improve Run D (our weakness if you will) in a BIG way, and, after all, Kendricks and Barr BOTH missed games last year. Ragland would be top notch depth in that case!!

    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=htkpsh

    1. Ragland, ILB Alabama
    2. Will Fuller, WR Notre Dame
    3. Adolphus Washington, DT Ohio
    4. Vadal Alexander, OG LSU

    While I also love the look of this draft, building a bad ass LB trio, adding another blazer WR (although with a bit of dropsies), a solid 3rd round DT prospect and likely an upgrade at starting RG, I still find it hard to justify given the current state of Vikings affairs.

    We play nickel 60% of the time, so do we really need to spend a 3rd early pick on our 3rd LB? I mean, might not Audie Cole do pretty well in that part time role!?

    And, are we really just going to settle for Kalil's top showing of barely average for the long term? My gut just says that a blue collar bruiser of a LT will be harder to find than a less than half the snaps LB, and in this scenario, we'd have our choice of Decker or Conklin at 23.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Another run this morning, and went with your thoughts here, passing by Conklin and Decker for Ragland in the first. He would likely improve Run D (our weakness if you will) in a BIG way, and, after all, Kendricks and Barr BOTH missed games last year. Ragland would be top notch depth in that case!!

    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=htkpsh

    1. Ragland, ILB Alabama
    2. Will Fuller, WR Notre Dame
    3. Adolphus Washington, DT Ohio
    4. Vadal Alexander, OG LSU

    While I also love the look of this draft, building a bad ass LB trio, adding another blazer WR (although with a bit of dropsies), a solid 3rd round DT prospect and likely an upgrade at starting RG, I still find it hard to justify given the current state of Vikings affairs.

    We play nickel 60% of the time, so do we really need to spend a 3rd early pick on our 3rd LB? I mean, might not Audie Cole do pretty well in that part time role!?

    And, are we really just going to settle for Kalil's top showing of barely average for the long term? My gut just says that a blue collar bruiser of a LT will be harder to find than a less than half the snaps LB, and in this scenario, we'd have our choice of Decker or Conklin at 23.
    I've ended up Ragland, Fuller, and Washington too...Like the Alexander pick too. I would not be surprised if it ends up like this...at all. They could go a million directions.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=ymrbre

    1. Treadwell, WR Big, Tough possession WR with good hands known for his blocking.
    2. Jaylon Smith, LB Between Cole and/or Greenway we can afford to wait until he's a healthy steal. What a LB trio he would make with Kendricks and Barr!!
    3. Austin Johnson, DT A Zim-fit at 6'4" this guy would contribute depth and nasty to our rotation.
    4. Jordan Howard, RB (or, Tyvis Powell, FS) Tough decision here but we do currently have 3 Safeties who can start and at some point Peterson's play will no longer equal his pay. This kid is a big back at 6' 230 lbs with the skills to be our next work horse and keep McKinnon available in the Sproles-esque role I think he could be great at. On the other hand Powell has Zim-fit written all over him too, with the size and speed to play the position even if he's not so great now vs. the run.

    Holy Shit I think this may be my favorite yet, but go figure, I went into this one thinking that we need to wait on WR and go BPA on defense or OL due to the depth and competitive nature of this year's WR class, and then there's Treadwell waiting there for us at 23.

    I had just spent a bit of time this morning watching highlights of the top 4 or 5 WRs and glancing through this draft's WR rankings. Not much consensus there. They all would seem to have some claim to best depending on what you're looking for. Coleman has incredible jukes to turn short strikes into big YAC gains and put up an amazing 20 TDs last season. Docston seems to have an incredible catch radius and great leaps for just high pointing first downs or touchdowns in the redzone. Fuller has the blazing speed and has averaged 14.4 and 20+ ypc the past 2 years. But Treadwell seems to top nearly all of the lists. Why?

    I guess he just looks like the most complete WR with the prototypical size scouts are looking for. Big, tough, strong and a good blocker outside on top of that, his speed looks good enough on tape and his leaps and reach are solid too. 82 receptions says he can handle being the go to guy, and his 14 yards/catch means most of those were at least first downs. As much as I think Doctson's catch radius would help Teddy's not so great deep accuracy, with our focus on older school football, Megaquon's toughness takes the cake.

    Part of what I like about this one is that they all look like team fits for what Zimmer has in mind in a player and could be argued to be the BPA by Spielman as well.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  6. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=ymrbre

    1. Treadwell, WR Big, Tough possession WR with good hands known for his blocking.
    2. Jaylon Smith, LB Between Cole and/or Greenway we can afford to wait until he's a healthy steal. What a LB trio he would make with Kendricks and Barr!!
    3. Austin Johnson, DT A Zim-fit at 6'4" this guy would contribute depth and nasty to our rotation.
    4. Jordan Howard, RB (or, Tyvis Powell, FS) Tough decision here but we do currently have 3 Safeties who can start and at some point Peterson's play will no longer equal his pay. This kid is a big back at 6' 230 lbs with the skills to be our next work horse and keep McKinnon available in the Sproles-esque role I think he could be great at. On the other hand Powell has Zim-fit written all over him too, with the size and speed to play the position even if he's not so great now vs. the run.

    Holy Shit I think this may be my favorite yet, but go figure, I went into this one thinking that we need to wait on WR and go BPA on defense or OL due to the depth and competitive nature of this year's WR class, and then there's Treadwell waiting there for us at 23.

    I had just spent a bit of time this morning watching highlights of the top 4 or 5 WRs and glancing through this draft's WR rankings. Not much consensus there. They all would seem to have some claim to best depending on what you're looking for. Coleman has incredible jukes to turn short strikes into big YAC gains and put up an amazing 20 TDs last season. Docston seems to have an incredible catch radius and great leaps for just high pointing first downs or touchdowns in the redzone. Fuller has the blazing speed and has averaged 14.4 and 20+ ypc the past 2 years. But Treadwell seems to top nearly all of the lists. Why?
    After his pro-day Treadwell running a 4.65, I don't want anything to do with it.

    Not in the first round.

    I don't know, I don't like picking in the 20s, it is difficult. Fuller seems like a stretch in the first round but his stats were nice, seems to find the ball in the endzone.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,853
    Blog Entries
    4
    Given the general downer that seems to be on this year WRs crop then I expect it to be third round before we take one. First two picks will be OT and Safety I reckon though not sure which first but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spielman move up to late 1st early second round to make his second pick.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  8. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    After his pro-day Treadwell running a 4.65, I don't want anything to do with it.

    Not in the first round.

    I don't know, I don't like picking in the 20s, it is difficult. Fuller seems like a stretch in the first round but his stats were nice, seems to find the ball in the endzone.
    Treadwell would be a perfect fit for us. He will win contested balls that TB throws up, he is a great run after the catch type guy and he is the redzone guy we have been looking for. His forty is not that big of a deal in our scheme, TB does not throw down field 0ften and when he does it is not very pretty, so if you have a guy who can fight and win those battles it will be a good fit for the Vikes.

    My two favorite WRs are still Fuller and Miller.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. My latest Mock draft: I really like this one, as I stated before I feel we are four players away from contending for a super bowl. We need IMO a LB, S, WR, and RG. We would get all of those players with this draft. Plus Drango could be Kalil's replacement if he tanks again this year. I also got the best punter in the draft to help flip the field. Driskell could be a very good back up at QB as he has all the tools and best case scenario could be a player and replace TB if he fails or if TB is successful, a high draft choice in a trade.

    23: R1P23
    LB JAYLON SMITH
    NOTRE DAME
    54: R2P23
    WR BRAXTON MILLER
    OHIO STATE
    86: R3P23
    S MILES KILLEBREW
    SOUTHERN UTAH
    121: R4P23
    G SEBASTIAN TRETOLA
    ARKANSAS
    160: R5P21
    OT SPENCER DRANGO
    BAYLOR
    180: R6P5
    QB JEFF DRISKEL
    LOUISIANA TECH
    240: R7P19
    CB KEVON SEYMOUR
    USC
    244: R7P23
    P TOM HACKETT
    UTAH

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Treadwell would be a perfect fit for us. He will win contested balls that TB throws up, he is a great run after the catch type guy and he is the redzone guy we have been looking for. His forty is not that big of a deal in our scheme, TB does not throw down field 0ften and when he does it is not very pretty, so if you have a guy who can fight and win those battles it will be a good fit for the Vikes.

    My two favorite WRs are still Fuller and Miller.
    Treadwell is an absolute stud and is going to remain the No. 1 WR in the draft, which means we will not get a shot at him.

    I love Fuller or Miller in the 2nd/3rd depending on how things fan out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •