Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. We aren't trading Adrian. He's still the most consistent weapon we have. He's committed to adjusting his game to the shotgun. I think he will do it. Zim said as much recently.

2. Quote Originally Posted by thorshammer View Post
    We aren't trading Adrian. He's still the most consistent weapon we have. He's committed to adjusting his game to the shotgun. I think he will do it. Zim said as much recently.
    Totally agree... without AP over the last 9 years the Vikings wouldn't have even been watchable. He's been basically 90% of the offense. That has to start changing for sure if we want to take the next big step but AP is a weapon with or without the ball. The defenses commit so much attention to this guy!

Plus we are not going to get anything for him. A third round pick if we're lucky. Now if someone offered their first round pick for him I would do it. But that's never gonna happen! I would love to draft Ezekiel Elliott and Michael Thomas in the first round but then I wake up...

Blog Entries
    It would be crazy to get rid of him now, If anybody was going to make an acceptable offer it would have been last off-season when he was making noises about wanting out. If it didn't happen then it won't happen now with another year of wear and tear on the clock. His age is a concern, most RB's productivity drop rapidly when they go past 30, having said that most RB's don't tear their ACL one season and come within a whisker of the all time rushing record the next.

4. I'm willing to bet most of us that complain about AP's fumbles don't realize that guys like Tony Dorsett, Eric Dickerson, Marcus Allen, OJ Simpson, Jim Brown, Thurman Thomas, Earl Campbell, Walter Payton and many others not worth mentioning have more fumbles per carry than AP... even our own Chuck Forman was much worse! AP is actually much better than many of the greats. He runs hard and handles the ball more than most around the league... fumbles will happen and that's just the way it is.

5. AP tends to fumble during play off games. That is what frustrates some fans, including myself.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    AP tends to fumble during play off games. That is what frustrates some fans, including myself.
    Only been in four playoff games and had fumbles in two of them but those are the ones we remember...

The 2009 NFC Championship game everyone fumbled. 9 fumbles in all for both teams plus Favre threw 2 INTs. That game was a turnover fest! Unfortunately that was just one of those games.

7. " Unfortunately that was just one of those games."
    The problem is, there have been too many of those games in Vikings history. Games where the Vikings were good enough to win but found a way to lose. The missed field goal is just another 'one of those games'. Favre interception, Anderson missed field goal, Nelson dropped pass, hail mary push off, etc., seems to be the source of a lot of negativism by fans.
    The fact is, Peterson's fumbles, in 2 of 4 play off games contributed to the losses, and will be a concern in the next play off game.
    I'm not trying to be negative because I'm quite optimistic at this point.
    But unlike most fans here, though I am fine with keeping him, it would not break my heart if AP played for the Cowboys and the Vikings brought in a 3 down running back, who can catch and block, to pair with Mckinnon.
    Last edited by jargomcfargo; 01-16-2016 at 01:24 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jargomcfargo View Post
    But unlike most fans here, though I am fine with keeping him, it would not break my heart if AP played for the Cowboys and the Vikings brought in a 3 down running back, who can catch and block, to pair with Mckinnon.
    We are the Vikings so you can bet McKinnon would also find a way to break our hearts as well...

9. Quote Originally Posted by tonyd6269 View Post
    We are the Vikings so you can bet McKinnon would also find a way to break our hearts as well...
    LOL ! So true.

Just hope that AP can really retire as Vikings. As really it is about the team affording to keep him.
    Ready for Christmas!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast