Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I felt like Peterson was going to fumble the whole game and then it came true.
    Trade him now while he's stil has value. I'll go forward with McKinnon an a few draft picks. Sure I'm a minority though.

Told family on the Walsh miss "this is an extra point.. It's nothing"

FUCK!
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Blog Entries
    This will be my 30th year as a Vikes fan so I've suffered as much as most have here, that's probably why when Walsh stepped up I thought he's gonna miss it. As I've also posted on another thread, this doesn't feel as bad as the New Orleans or even the 98 losses as there are reasons to be optimistic for the future and its the wildcard round not a NFCCG or SB. Having said that I still feel scarred by whats happened tonight, and I know It'll take a while for the pain to subside (it never really goes away). The thing for me being an overseas fan is that I don't get the chance to vent with workmates or friends as the NFL is (although popular to hardcore fans here) still very much a minority sport. When I go into work tomorrow looking pissed and explain it's because of tonights game, people will look at me like I'm some sort of nutcase. So thanks PPO for being here to let me feel part of something and hopefully someday we get the Hollywood ending instead of the kick in the nuts we've all become accustomed to.

I am trying to console myself by thinking that we probably were not going to make it all the way through the playoffs. However we had won this game. We didn't get beat by the Hawks we just kicked it away. That is the hard thing to take. I was watching the game with a good friend who is a Sea Hawk fan. When it was over he said "I know how you feel, I felt that way after the Super Bowl last year". I thought well the good news is it wasn't the Super Bowl just the wild card game.

I should feel better about it by June or so.

WWBGD

4. [QUOTE=Suick;1164202]I felt like Peterson was going to fumble the whole game and then it came true.
    Trade him now while he's stil has value. I'll go forward with McKinnon an a few draft picks. Sure I'm a minority though.

Told family on the Walsh miss "this is an extra point.. It's nothing"

I'm with ya.. Sure it's nice to have a RB that is big, fast, strong, and runs through a defense, but what good is it when you fumble all the time?

I would rather have a RB that can be a huge part of the passing game (ala Matt Forte) can block, and has speed.. I feel although McKinnon is much smaller than AD, he can block better, and he is definitely better at catching the ball.

Not sure that McKinnon is the ideal back just because he is on the smaller side and more suspect able to injury, but I would rather trade or cut AD and use that money on shoring up the OL, and getting a Safety to play opposite Smith. I'm still not sold on Rhodes either, it seems on every deep pass play, he never looks at the fucking ball. Just sick of the yearly let downs from this team. It seems anywhere u go, especially here is Green Bay, the Vikings are always associated with the word Choke. Fucking sick of it

5. Quote Originally Posted by scottishvike View Post
    This will be my 30th year as a Vikes fan so I've suffered as much as most have here, that's probably why when Walsh stepped up I thought he's gonna miss it. As I've also posted on another thread, this doesn't feel as bad as the New Orleans or even the 98 losses as there are reasons to be optimistic for the future and its the wildcard round not a NFCCG or SB. Having said that I still feel scarred by whats happened tonight, and I know It'll take a while for the pain to subside (it never really goes away). The thing for me being an overseas fan is that I don't get the chance to vent with workmates or friends as the NFL is (although popular to hardcore fans here) still very much a minority sport. When I go into work tomorrow looking pissed and explain it's because of tonights game, people will look at me like I'm some sort of nutcase. So thanks PPO for being here to let me feel part of something and hopefully someday we get the Hollywood ending instead of the kick in the nuts we've all become accustomed to.
    Just my same feelings here,try to explain why you so fucked up because of an overseas team of a weird "rugby thing americans play"
    I feel you man.
    El underdog.

Yep. Walsh blew it. But several things have to go right during a field goal kick and something went wrong on this one. Hold, plant foot, didn't hit it right, zero freaking degrees, whatever. He should have made it but he didn't. Even he said that. But without him we get beat ten to NOTHING. If Peterson, one of our best players, doesn't cough it up in crunch time maybe we don't have to kick that FG. Our most important and talented running back fumbled at the worst time deep in his own end. Can't win doing that in that type of game. Yes, Walsh is the goat, but plenty of blame to go around. Peterson's fumble, lousy OL play that couldn't run block (58 net rushing yards), a fluke play that the defense couldn't capitalize on, and no touchdowns by the offense. That's enough to lose the game right there. We were lucky and tough enough as a team to even have the opportunity for Walsh to have that kick. It sucks and I'm pissed about it. But we played a helluva tough game and scared the shit out of them. This team will take Zimmers's attitude that they win together and they lose together and will be back as a contender next year. Got to get that OL fixed though. Got us beat yesterday. No, we don't suck. We are NFC North Champs and we will be back even hungrier next year, with a (hopefully) better team. Few people, even here, expected us to win this game. The Vikings played what many consider to be the Super Bowl favorite straight up. There are many positives to this season and hopefully we come back better than ever next year.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

7. This was my 28th season as a Vikings fan and losses like these still make me want to beat my head on a wall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Yep. Walsh blew it. But several things have to go right during a field goal kick and something went wrong on this one. Hold, plant foot, didn't hit it right, zero freaking degrees, whatever. He should have made it but he didn't. Even he said that. But without him we get beat ten to NOTHING. If Peterson, one of our best players, doesn't cough it up in crunch time maybe we don't have to kick that FG. Our most important and talented running back fumbled at the worst time deep in his own end. Can't win doing that in that type of game. Yes, Walsh is the goat, but plenty of blame to go around. Peterson's fumble, lousy OL play that couldn't run block (58 net rushing yards), a fluke play that the defense couldn't capitalize on, and no touchdowns by the offense. That's enough to lose the game right there. We were lucky and tough enough as a team to even have the opportunity for Walsh to have that kick. It sucks and I'm pissed about it. But we played a helluva tough game and scared the shit out of them. This team will take Zimmers's attitude that they win together and they lose together and will be back as a contender next year. Got to get that OL fixed though. Got us beat yesterday. No, we don't suck. We are NFC North Champs and we will be back even hungrier next year, with a (hopefully) better team. Few people, even here, expected us to win this game. The Vikings played what many consider to be the Super Bowl favorite straight up. There are many positives to this season and hopefully we come back better than ever next year.
    This, in my opinion, is a pretty good assessment of the game yesterday. The bottom line is that we scored NINE points - which puts tremendous pressure on the defense and the special teams (Walsh) to step up and perform. We lost by one point, and this loss hurts - and hurts badly! For the players and coaches, this loss has to hurt badly until training camp starts.

It seems quite clear that the offensive line is the main area of opportunity for improvement. An improved offensive line will not only open up the holes for the RB's to run through, but will also give Teddy more time to make the critical throws at critical junctures of the game. This, in turn, will help us win those close losses to tough teams like Denver, Arizona, and Seattle.

A game like this shows that the Vikings have one of the best defenses in the NFL. The Vikings offense remains a work in progress, and fixing the offensive line could make up contenders for a first-round bye in 2016. 11-6 and a division championship is a great season in my book!

This one really hurt.

I literally gave no thought to the FG possibly being missed. The slight doubt in my head was "Can Wilson move the ball 50 yards in FG range in 20 seconds" and i felt pretty confident on that front too.

Then it was over. Man oh man.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post

I've been a Walsh supporter all year and I feel for the kid. But nothing matters prior to that kick. It's all history at that point. Sure, AD fumbled, again, at a critical time in a playoff game. Wilson makes that play where most QB's simply fall on the ball. And yes, Walsh made 3 of 3 earlier, one with the damn laces right in his face. Doesn't matter that Sherman almost blocked the 3rd FG...maybe that was on his mind when he lined up for it. But none of this matters with 0:26 left in the game. Not even that AD came up short of the 1st down. Walsh must must must make that kick, period. I have been trying all day to come up with a worse way to lose, and I can't think of one...just plain sickening.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast