Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Seahawks at Vikes playoff thread..

All the experts are picking the Seahawks. I can't say I blame them. Our guys have beaten only two teams with a winning record this year. Losing our starting center and RT hasn't helped any. The passing game has digressed since last year. Seeing Theilen (spelling) start outside last week was strange. Challenge Patterson and add Johnson outside. Patterson, Johnson, and Wallace should give us something. AP hasn't had a QB capable of producing a consistent passing game since Favre left. I will reserve my evaluation on Teddy till the end of next season. I will be wearing my Vikes jersey Sunday. Just not expecting much. I truly like Zimmer. The bump and run last week was so nice. TEDDY please rise up and grasp the moment. SKOL VIKES!

It all starts up front... Sea Chickens' OL deficiencies are offset, in a sense, with a QB who can make plays outside of the pocket, lots of plays. Wilson's second half of the season stats are sick...he's on fire, one of the finest of all time (I'm not digging, saw it on NFL Insiders on ESPN).

The stars need to align for our Vikings to win:
    1) win the turnover battle/defense
    2) win field position/special teams battle
    3) RUN THE BALL successfully

If the defense has all of its parts, Vikes have a shot...if 1-3 are accomplished. Just my thoughts.

Skol Vikings!!!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

I think that the Vikings are in a position to win because they have one thing that many teams don't. The ability to run the ball effectively thereby limiting offensive opportunities to Wilson. Let's also keep in mind that the weather will likely play a factor as well. If the O-Line can open up holes for Peterson to run like we know he can the Vikings will have a chance to win.

Another thing... Let's all keep in mind BEFORE game time that Bridgewater is too green to be counted on to win a football game against a Super Bowl champion and what might be the best secondary the NFL has ever seen. If Peterson CAN'T run the ball, the Vikings don't win. If the Seahawks build an early lead, the Vikings don't win. If you're a Viking fan that is counting on Bridgewater to win this game, I believe that you will be in for a disappointment. I truly hope that I am wrong about Bridgewater but nothing that I have seen this season leads me to believe that he can victimize Seattle's secondary. They are just too good. Seattle is the better team and they should win.

But, man, would I LOOOOOOOOOVE to see an upset in Minnesota!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplejokr View Post
    I think that the Vikings are in a position to win because they have one thing that many teams don't. The ability to run the ball effectively thereby limiting offensive opportunities to Wilson. Let's also keep in mind that the weather will likely play a factor as well. If the O-Line can open up holes for Peterson to run like we know he can the Vikings will have a chance to win.

Another thing... Let's all keep in mind BEFORE game time that Bridgewater is too green to be counted on to win a football game against a Super Bowl champion and what might be the best secondary the NFL has ever seen. If Peterson CAN'T run the ball, the Vikings don't win. If the Seahawks build an early lead, the Vikings don't win. If you're a Viking fan that is counting on Bridgewater to win this game, I believe that you will be in for a disappointment. I truly hope that I am wrong about Bridgewater but nothing that I have seen this season leads me to believe that he can victimize Seattle's secondary. They are just too good. Seattle is the better team and they should win.

But, man, would I LOOOOOOOOOVE to see an upset in Minnesota!!!
    I am a Fan of Teddy, and i think this is a good, well grounded balanced take. I'm one of those who thinks Bridgewater has many of the qualities to potentially grow into something good and valuable for us...I think he's a keeper. I also realistically/logically understand that he's still just a youngin' just north of being a true rookie. This next game is gonna be a truly tough one for him and for the mostly young Vikes team. we will be going against a Superbowl winner here....hell, ALMOST a back-to-back Superbowl winner. So yeah, the way the Hawks are balling at the moment, the pundits are probably right to pick them as the likely victors. But dang, i am excited to see how our boys in Purple handle this rematch to the last beat-down. Among the many points that previous posters have pointed out as being keys to a Vikes win, i feel that we REALLY need Joseph back...having him back in there with the rest of the D is key IMO. If Linval is back in the mix and in form, i feel like we'll have a shot to make this a bit of a scrappy ol' battle.

so lets go Vikes....lets make a game of it! lets go for that upset, Upset UPSET!

Hard to predict what will happen this weekend. For starters, in that first game we were missing Linval Joseph and Andrew Sendejo right off the bat. Anthony Barr and Harrison Smith both went out with injuries on the first possession of the game. Assuming Joseph plays, all of those guys will be in the lineup this time. Because of the impact of Joseph, Barr, and Smith, you cannot assume the Seahawks will run roughshod over the Vikings defense in the same manner as they did in Week 13. Thomas Rawls is on IR now, but Marshawn Lynch returns. What kind of condition will he come in at? Will he fatigue easily? Will he be rusty?

Add in the weather as a great equalizer. You might rightly give Wilson the advantage in the passing game over Teddy, but you cannot assume the score will even remotely resemble the earlier game.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Going in with low expectations but hoping the Vikes somehow pull a close one out at the last minute.

Or just blow the Seahawks out...that's not against the rules I guess haha
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

7. i know anything can happen. and maybe it is our turn for a little luck....

But I just dont see us winning it.

8. I saw this
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...orleans-saints

and I thought to myself thats what we need. One player or many to step up and lead this team and make the rest of us rally around us. We can be great we just have to believe.

I really think the game will come down to QB play, and I just don't have faith in Bridgewater to rise to the occasion . Look for Seahawks to have a significant lead in the 3rd quarter, then Lynch will put the nail in the coffin in the 4th. It's not going to be pretty.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    I really think the game will come down to QB play, and I just don't have faith in Bridgewater to rise to the occasion . Look for Seahawks to have a significant lead in the 3rd quarter, then Lynch will put the nail in the coffin in the 4th. It's not going to be pretty.

There is no possible way we win this game...on paper. And like Zimmer says, no one expects us to win. But I have faith in him and this D, and we will win Sunday.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/...d-2203afe80967

The weather will affect their game more than ours, no doubt, and we have to keep Wilson from getting outside. If our D comes through like we know they can, and our O controls the clock, we can do it.

Vikings 19
    Seahawks 16

Qui tacet, consentit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast