Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants at Vikings

The NFL announced that the Week 16 Sunday Night game will now be.......

Giants at Vikings.

Anytime we play the Giants, it has always been important to me since I live and work among many Giants fans. At least I'll get to watch this game, but here we go again...a nationally televised game for us. In the meantime, we have the Bears.

Qui tacet, consentit.

2. The Vikes are simply are a year away IMO, we will lose one of those games and probably choke. Much like the Arizona game, the shoulda, woulda,and couldas will happen.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

3. The Vikings have done their job if you ask me. They started out strong, sucked us in, and are now ready for the coup de grace to the fans hearts.

5. With OBJ out I like our chances. My guess is that Zim will have the team fired up.

Blog Entries
    I'm wondering if Zimmer might rest some starters for this game. If the Seahawks win then we have a playoff spot clinched. If the Cardinals beat the Packers then we could at most be one loss behind them and the game against the Giants would be meaningless as week 17 would be for the division regardless. I don't think we will rest all our starters but I could see Smith, Barr, Griffen, Joseph, and anyone else that's been knicked up getting a lot of bench time to save them for next week.

I think anyone healthy enough to start will start. We would like to win our division not just be the wild card. If we are the wild card that means playing the Packers two games in a row in Lambeau. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun or too promising.

WWBGD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I think anyone healthy enough to start will start. We would like to win our division not just be the wild card. If we are the wild card that means playing the Packers two games in a row in Lambeau. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun or too promising.
    I agree with that, which is why I said under the conditions that the Cardinals win (aka Packers lose) and the Seahawks lose. That would mean that we have a playoff spot guaranteed and that week 17 is for the division regardless of the outcome of our game. Only under that condition, where our game against the Giants is completely meaningless, would we save some injured players for the game against the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Culpepper_4717 View Post
    Too bad, I wanted to see how well our secondary would do against him.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    I agree with that, which is why I said under the conditions that the Cardinals win (aka Packers lose) and the Seahawks lose. That would mean that we have a playoff spot guaranteed and that week 17 is for the division regardless of the outcome of our game. Only under that condition, where our game against the Giants is completely meaningless, would we save some injured players for the game against the Packers.
    True, and assuming the Falcons lose to the Panthers in one of the early games that would make sense...especially for those guys you mentioned who have been banged up. That's one benefit of playing the late game on Sunday.

Qui tacet, consentit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast