Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Teddy

1. Ouch. I had hoped for him being available by mid season , at least in case of injury to Bradford...who isn't known for stringing together full seasons. Doh! Wow, maybe QB is a legit need for this team this draft...?

As for Sam vs. Teddy I think it's plain to see that their stats n styles are very similar even though their strengths n weaknesses are not. Teddy is much more mobile, and what I call "slippery" both in and out of the pocket. But, there should also be little doubt that Sam has the better arm, more zip and especially on mid to deeper routes.

I'd love to keep them both so we can see both play with more time behind a better line and with a more versatile and complete Running back!

SKOL Vikings!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

2. Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Ouch. I had hoped for him being available by mid season , at least in case of injury to Bradford...who isn't known for stringing together full seasons. Doh! Wow, maybe QB is a legit need for this team this draft...?

As for Sam vs. Teddy I think it's plain to see that their stats n styles are very similar even though their strengths n weaknesses are not. Teddy is much more mobile, and what I call "slippery" both in and out of the pocket. But, there should also be little doubt that Sam has the better arm, more zip and especially on mid to deeper routes.

I'd love to keep them both so we can see both play with more time behind a better line and with a more versatile and complete Running back!

SKOL Vikings!!!
    I think O-line is the main focus of this draft. Not sure who we will get that wouldn't be a project by the time we come up in the second round. I think we have some good linemen but they haven't played enough together to bond. That is not saying that we can't upgrade the talent. We aren't going to be able to upgrade all of them at once so finding the guys that work best together within the scheme that is being taught. I look at the Packers line and I do not see great/better talent necessarily, but they do well together to protect a QB that gets the ball out and can run if necessary.

I like Bradford with Teddy as back up but that isn't going to happen in 2017. We need to find a journeyman QB it Hill would retire/not return.

Really hate that for such a great QB and a greater guy there!
    Ready for Christmas!

Time to revive the good ole Teddy thread after today's news that his fifth year option is unlikely to be picked up. Really I think it's not news...picking up the option would have been very unexpected. I didn't realize it but this article points out something interesting...that if Teddy stays on the PUP list for the the entire year, they get another crack at the option year.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2017/4/...ewaters-option

Personally I don't think it's even a factor. If I'm Bradford, I don't want to sign an extension unless I know the team is committed to me. If I'm betting on it, I think the plan at the QB position is to do nothing this year. Let the year play out, see how both of them are looking, and decide which one to pay. The downside though is that one of them walks with no compensation.

Or...maybe....Teddy's doing a lot better than expected and they're keeping it quiet. Spielman himself leaked the "news" on Teddy not getting the option picked up in an effort to make Bradford seem less available and thus more valuable. We're gonna get a haul from the Jets, Texans, or 49ers. Tomorrow night you'll all be saying "Jeez who does this guy know?", and Teddy's option will be picked up Friday morning. Wooooooo!

I would love to see us deal one of these guys for a second or higher, but I don't think it is realistic on Teddy, obviously ...

As an outspoken member of the Teddy just is not very good ... YET ... camp ... (as his first two years show, no matter how you look at them I must admit I was VERY stoked going into last season and thought he looked excellent and like a real leader in the preseason. BUT ... I also have always thought Sam Bradford could be pretty good and I still think that.

I think it is in our best interest to sign Bradford about 4 games into the season. Enough to feel a little better, not so long as to be disrespectful and a little bit longer to really get an idea how far along Teddy is.

BUT ... if we were to move Bradford for a first rounder somehow ... I would not be at all upset with that ... assuming Teddy is ready.

6. The likelihood of PUP for the full year seems to be pretty high. I like Teddy, but, I'm right there with Midge, he's not that good, yet. It's great to hear he's working his tail off and I wish him all the best for a full recovery. I would like nothing more than to see him be a great Viking QB...only time will tell.

And, Slinging Sammie is the best option for now, possibly for more than just now. Let's keep hip upright so we can see what he's got.

SKOL Vikings!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

7. http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...e-f85ae8270aea

Teddy throwing and moving at OTAs

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    A GREAT sign.

I was VERY happy with him through the preseason last year and was really looking forward to seeing if he could take that next step ... Yes, I was skeptical, but hopeful.

IF he is able to come back. Even if both are medocire, it is a decent commodity to have to two QBs with some value. Of course, in order to show Teddy's value then Sam probably loses his ... but you know ...

At least it isn't Brooks Bollinger or Tarvaris Jackson.

Ladies and Gentlemen ... With Bradford gimping and Case riding the coaster ... Teddy returns to practice ...

For this thread ... one of the best ones in PP.O for the last 5 years ...

IT'S TIME!!!!

Being cleared to practice and being ready to play are miles apart. I would suspect we would see Bradford before Teddy. Also I am not unhappy with Case and his play. He is not a HOF'er at this point but he is mostly getting the job done. I am actually optimistic about the season for the first time since game 1.

WWBGD

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast