Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy

1. Teddy

I don't post here often, but I wanted to get my frustrations out...

I'm sick of the excuses for Teddy and everyone blaming the OL. The announcers never once put any blame on Teddy yesterday (that I remember). Teddy is Ponder in disguise. He holds the ball way to long, can't stay in the pocket and can't make any plays down field. The OL at times do a great job to create a pocket and Teddy quickly scrambles which leads to sacks. Teddy has 8 touchdowns this year and I believe that is the lowest for all QBs that started every game. He ties Matt Hasselback who has started only 5 games this year. Teddy also shows no emotion and doesn't look like a leader at all. Teddy looked better last year and seems to be digressing instead of progressing. Teddy has been using the same technique for throwing his entire life and I don't see hime being able to change it. We are headed into Ponderesque QB controversy in another year. How much time do we give these quarterbacks? We have some good receivers and a good defense... but for how long?

Maybe the issue is Zimmer and Norv. Zimmer is a good defensive coach and maybe that's what he should stick too. As for Norv... What happened to the quick slants and quick outs? But, I guess it doesn't matter because every defense knows we aren't going to be a deep threat.

I know some of you agree with me and most think we should stick with Teddy because there is nothing else out there, but what about this off season? What if Stafford or Kaepernick become available? Neither are that old that they couldn't play another decade. At this point I think we would be dumb to pass up those opportunities.

I hope he watches A LOT of the game film on Russell Wilson and see what a QB SHOULD look like. IMO, they have the same skill set but Teddy is in la la land and RW is headed for the pro bowl.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

3. Teddy is too slow. I no longer think he has what it takes. No matter how much time they give him, he can not speed up. I just wonder how long they will hang on to their hope that he will improve.
    He is what his pro day said he was, and Norv was arrogant enough to think he could fix him.
    Guess the gloves excuse was the first in a long line of ridiculous excuses.
    The Vikings are still the same old Vikings, and I have lost faith in Teddy.

Meh... while I agree, I know that whoever we bring in to replace Bridgewater is just going to be another failed Spielman QB. The guy just can't draft a winner.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

no way the Lions let Stafford walk.... Could the Saints decide to tear it down and rebuild Id jump all over Brees... not ready to give up on Teddy hes only 23 hes not Ponder
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Manziel will be on the market soon.

I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Honestly it doesn't matter. We could have a historically good team all around, we'd still find a way to lose in the NFC championship. It just doesn't matter.
    I'm bloviating douchebag and Ricky is a great GM

Seems that way. We are under some sort of curse that won't go away. Not sure what the Vikings did to warrant it, but it just seems that they pre-destined to fail. The real pisser is that there is a very good chance that a team that has never won a Super Bowl will win this year (Panthers, Cards, Bengals), joining other first-timers New Orleans, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, and Seattle. Once again the Vikings are on the outside looking in.
    "A good football coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback- but not necessarily in that order."- Bud Grant

It is funny to me how many people jumped down my throat and CMac's throat for doubting Teddy all this time because of what we SAW when he played and now that we have gotten smacked by two teams that are clearly superior to us at the most important position everyone is like, "Yeah, Teddy sucks."

He can't make the throws to make defenses fear him. Period. I was watching the late game last night ... and the way Roethlisberger throws the ball compared to Teddy is mind-boggling. Teddy looked TERRIBLE yesterday. People can keep blaming the line all they want. They can blame Ricky (who I don't think is to blame. Teddy was value where they got him). They can blame being a run-first offense. Whatever they want. He CAN'T make the throws.

There was a reason his stock dropped so much. Though, it would have dropped farther if GMs realized he not only cannot make the throws, but he cannot make the pre-snap reads.

Could he get better? Sure. Will having a healthy defense be nice? Sure. Would Sully and Loadholt on the line be a huge help? Absolutely. But ... the great ones overcome that shit and find ways to win.

10. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Meh... while I agree, I know that whoever we bring in to replace Bridgewater is just going to be another failed Spielman QB. The guy just can't draft a winner.
    No,no, no, did you forget the terms of your bet? so let me just say- I know that whoever we bring in to replace Bridgewater is just going to be another failed Spielman QB. The guy just can't draft a winner.

Now try to remember the bet, you still have a whole year before you may blast Ricky!!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast