Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy

1. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    All of those guys are from different eras, when running backs still mattered. And, even Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer went to Pro Bowls, so acting like TB is any better than them may be off.

Look at the winners in the last 24 years ... Manning/Newton, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brady, JOHNSON, Brady, DILFER, Warner, Elway, Elway, Favre, Aikman, Young, Aikman, Aikman.

That is 22 Hall of Famers and Brad Johnson (a two-time Pro Bowler with one of the best defenses of all time) and Dilfer (a Pro Bowler with one of the best defenses of all time). 22.

Keep running out there with your Jim McMahon references, Jeff Hostettler references, Mark Rypien references (all Pro Bowlers also BTW) from nearly 30 years ago as if it is relevant to today's 4,500 passing yards league.
    Because it is still a winning formula! A great D, a great running game and a GOOD QB can still win championships even in this era.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

2. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    All of those guys are from different eras, when running backs still mattered. And, even Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer went to Pro Bowls, so acting like TB is any better than them may be off.

Look at the winners in the last 24 years ... Manning/Newton, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brady, JOHNSON, Brady, DILFER, Warner, Elway, Elway, Favre, Aikman, Young, Aikman, Aikman.

That is 22 Hall of Famers and Brad Johnson (a two-time Pro Bowler with one of the best defenses of all time) and Dilfer (a Pro Bowler with one of the best defenses of all time). 22.

Keep running out there with your Jim McMahon references, Jeff Hostettler references, Mark Rypien references (all Pro Bowlers also BTW) from nearly 30 years ago as if it is relevant to today's 4,500 passing yards league.
    BJ and TD were past their primes and past playing in pro bowls when they played in the super bowl. They were average QBs in the big game, Trent did nothing to win that game, that was all on their defense. Same could be said for BJ and Tampa!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    BJ and TD were past their primes and past playing in pro bowls when they played in the super bowl. They were average QBs in the big game, Trent did nothing to win that game, that was all on their defense. Same could be said for BJ and Tampa!
    Johnson had his best season and went to the Pro Bowl the year he won the Super Bowl. Right in the middle of his prime. Trent Dilfer played six years before the Super Bowl ... and six after. I guess he never really had a prime, but was not near the end of his career.

Because it is still a winning formula! A great D, a great running game and a GOOD QB can still win championships even in this era.
    BTW, I concede this has some validity ... but we are not talking a "great D" ... you have to be one of the TEN BEST ALL TIME defenses for this formula to work.

We could be on our way to that. No argument here.

5. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    BTW, I concede this has some validity ... but we are not talking a "great D" ... you have to be one of the TEN BEST ALL TIME defenses for this formula to work.

We could be on our way to that. No argument here.
    Which is why we are building that team, Zimmer is only in his second year. I would imagine four years with Zimmer and he should have all the pieces in place for a team to be like that. By then I am sure we will be in agreement on TB anyway. As I have said many times after this year I will be ready to evaluate TB as will Zimmer I would assume. So we will either have TB and he will be doing well or we will be searching for a QB for our franchise.

By the way i am still very interested in Heineke and I am anxious to see him in the preseason next year. I think we will keep him and probably promote him to second string because Hill is a big heaping hot mess IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post

call me crazy but i think our D could be that good. so young so good already
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Which is why we are building that team, Zimmer is only in his second year. I would imagine four years with Zimmer and he should have all the pieces in place for a team to be like that. By then I am sure we will be in agreement on TB anyway. As I have said many times after this year I will be ready to evaluate TB as will Zimmer I would assume. So we will either have TB and he will be doing well or we will be searching for a QB for our franchise.

By the way i am still very interested in Heineke and I am anxious to see him in the preseason next year. I think we will keep him and probably promote him to second string because Hill is a big heaping hot mess IMO.
    i kinda liked Heineke too. he needs to leap hill... hill sucks
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Teddy was the same high school class as Carson Wentz and Connor Cook who will be drafted this year....

In Case You Missed IT
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    i kinda liked Heineke too. he needs to leap hill... hill sucks
    I am really hoping they upgrade from Kafka, Hill and Heineke.....I was hoping for a larger framed body with a stronger arm and some field vision

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I think that we will be surprised with the pro-bowl performance when he lets loose. Prepare to be surprised.

I think he has been playing within the structure that he has been asked to work within.

Maybe he isn't a jazz musician, maybe he is a sheet reader.

Time will tell.
    I certainly was not surprised that when he was let loose he underthrew the best receivers in the game by 20 yards.

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast