Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy

Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    If this thread dies ... this site goes quiet for six months.

And, why do you think that is "probably going to happen." I'd be very curious to see if you predicted such pedestrian numbers from him this year. Going from 14 TDs/12 INTs to 14 TDS/9 INTS to 23 TDs/10 INTs is a pretty big leap. 3500 yards would still be very average at best, but at least it is not 3200. A 70% completion percentage would be a pretty big leap, too.

There was virtually NO change from year 1 to year 2, saying this big of a change is coming from year 2 to year 3 is "probably going to happen" makes very little sense. I would love to see it, though. And, I would say it is not impossible.

your blaming a guy for playing with in the game plan this year. a game plan that led to 11 wins and a division title. im not saying he is or ever will be drew brees but better O line, a better fit at WR, Diggs in year 2 (who i think can be a really good player), a offense that lets him do more (hopefully out of the shotgun which he seems to be much better at), playing in a DOME (which is huge), and most importantly another year of experience could easily lead to 9 more tds and 300 more yards. he already completed 65% of his passes this past year and 71% indoors.

I think the DOME will be a difference maker in the passing game no one is talking about.
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

Amazing...our QB wins the division in his second year and is going to the pro bowl and people are complaining. I think some in here have unrealistic expectations. They seem to think if you are not a Brady or Manning as a rookie you are a loser. Personally I am going with Zim's evaluation of whether or not he can get the job done. Zim's style is everyone competes for their position and TB is the winner so far. You will note that the first thing he is fixing is the Oline coaching and the WR coaching. It would seem that he see's those as major problems for Teddy not doing better.

WWBGD

3. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Amazing...our QB wins the division in his second year and is going to the pro bowl and people are complaining. I think some in here have unrealistic expectations. They seem to think if you are not a Brady or Manning as a rookie you are a loser. Personally I am going with Zim's evaluation of whether or not he can get the job done. Zim's style is everyone competes for their position and TB is the winner so far. You will note that the first thing he is fixing is the Oline coaching and the WR coaching. It would seem that he see's those as major problems for Teddy not doing better.

Totally agree... way too much impatience. So many positives but all some want to bring up are the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd6269 View Post
    Totally agree... way too much impatience. So many positives but all some want to bring up are the negatives.
    cant agree with you guys more... If Zim is OK im OK. Cause Zim is god
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

5. Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    I have been a wait and see guy on TB and Midgensa and I have gotten into it about his impatience. But that line is a joke, I can see you guys seeing TB as a decent QB playing within his system. I can see people pumped about him because he flashed at times. And he may be a pro bowl QB at some point but this is not the year. If that is the work of a pro bowl QB then Ponder is a very good starting QB and T-Jack should be a starter in this league.

There is no way TB should be sniffing the pro bowl this year. I am not saying he is not a good QB and that he doesn't have potential but IMO a pro bowl QB doesn't need year three to have everyone figure out if he is going to make it in this league.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

6. I don't take any stock in the PB. I can't remember when I ever even watched one. The bottom line for me is that Teddy is a very young and improving QB and was not helped by our weak line and weak receiving core but still found a way to do enough to help us accomplish a ton this year. I am simply looking at the positives for now and looking forward to another year with Teddy at QB. I have no real idea how good he will be but he is our QB and the only real option is to be patient for now.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd6269 View Post
    I don't take any stock in the PB. I can't remember when I ever even watched one. The bottom line for me is that Teddy is a very young and improving QB and was not helped by our weak line and weak receiving core but still found a way to do enough to help us accomplish a ton this year. I am simply looking at the positives for now and looking forward to another year with Teddy at QB. I have no real idea how good he will be but he is our QB and the only real option is to be patient for now.
    Here is the problem. OBVIOUSLY the only real option is to be patient. I have never called for benching or getting rid of Teddy. I have just stated numerous times that there is little to be excited about with him and it is blind hope at this point.

Assertions that he is "improving" are simply NOT TRUE. He did not improve one bit from his rookie season to his second season. Assertions that he is winning are RIDICULOUS. If you think he has anything to do with us winning, you are crazy. We went from 7-9 to 11-5 this season because of ADRIAN PETERSON ... a couple rookies helped, too. But AD is the reason we win.

I stand by the fact that having a QB who doesn't lose you games is not good enough. You need to have a QB that WINS you games, even if he does lose you some. Hell, Joe Flacco has a Super Bowl ring because the guy can simply go out and WIN YOU GAMES. Sure, he loses a bunch (so did Favre, Elway and other gunslingers) but he can go win for you. Teddy has not shown any reason to believe he is anything more than a game manager ... and that is simply not good enough in the long run.

Giving him credit for being the 11th QB in the Pro Bowl (ahead of Kirk Cousins, which is a frickin JOKE) and for 11 wins is the EXACT same thing we did when we gave T-Jack credit for winning and Ponder credit for winning. We SETTLED.

If he doesn't get to 23-27 TDs next year, bye bye. Time to move on. If he can't sniff 3,500 yards. Bye, bye. You are not going to win a Super Bowl with a 3,200 yard QB and 14 TDs in this NFL. Not going to happen.

8. Quote Originally Posted by tonyd6269 View Post
    I don't take any stock in the PB. I can't remember when I ever even watched one. The bottom line for me is that Teddy is a very young and improving QB and was not helped by our weak line and weak receiving core but still found a way to do enough to help us accomplish a ton this year. I am simply looking at the positives for now and looking forward to another year with Teddy at QB. I have no real idea how good he will be but he is our QB and the only real option is to be patient for now.
    +1

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Here is the problem. OBVIOUSLY the only real option is to be patient. I have never called for benching or getting rid of Teddy. I have just stated numerous times that there is little to be excited about with him and it is blind hope at this point.

Assertions that he is "improving" are simply NOT TRUE. He did not improve one bit from his rookie season to his second season. Assertions that he is winning are RIDICULOUS. If you think he has anything to do with us winning, you are crazy. We went from 7-9 to 11-5 this season because of ADRIAN PETERSON ... a couple rookies helped, too. But AD is the reason we win.

I stand by the fact that having a QB who doesn't lose you games is not good enough. You need to have a QB that WINS you games, even if he does lose you some. Hell, Joe Flacco has a Super Bowl ring because the guy can simply go out and WIN YOU GAMES. Sure, he loses a bunch (so did Favre, Elway and other gunslingers) but he can go win for you. Teddy has not shown any reason to believe he is anything more than a game manager ... and that is simply not good enough in the long run.

Giving him credit for being the 11th QB in the Pro Bowl (ahead of Kirk Cousins, which is a frickin JOKE) and for 11 wins is the EXACT same thing we did when we gave T-Jack credit for winning and Ponder credit for winning. We SETTLED.

If he doesn't get to 23-27 TDs next year, bye bye. Time to move on. If he can't sniff 3,500 yards. Bye, bye. You are not going to win a Super Bowl with a 3,200 yard QB and 14 TDs in this NFL. Not going to happen.
    As a rule maybe but there are quite a few exceptions! There are a few QBs who have rings that were basically game managers. Jim McMahon was not a great QB but won one with Da Bears. Trent Dilfer was not as good as TB but won one with Baltimore. Jim Plunkett was old and was way past his prime when he won one with the Raiders in1984. Washington QBs Doug Williams and Rypien had one or two good years but had great games when they played in the big game And won. Brad Johnson won one and he was nothing more than a Journey man.

So it can be done and it can be done by us, Zimmer is building a team much like all those I just mentioned. They had a great defense a very good running game, at least most of them, and they had a QB who took care of the ball. now some of them (the QBs) lit it up in the super bowl but others didn't. The fact remains whether they lit it up or not they still got a ring!!
    Last edited by tarkenton10; 01-29-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    As a rule maybe but there are quite a few exceptions! There are a few QBs who have rings that were basically game managers. Jim McMahon was not a great QB but won one with Da Bears. Trent Dilfer was not as good as TB but won one with Baltimore. Jim Plunkett was old and was way past his prime when he won one with the Raiders in1984. Washington QBs Doug Williams and Rypien had one or two good years but had great games when they played in the big game And won. Brad Johnson won one and he was nothing more than a Journey man.

So it can be done and it can be done by us, Zimmer is building a team much like all those I just mentioned. They had a great defense a very good running game, at least most of them, and they had a QB who took care of the ball. now some of them (the QBs) lit it up in the super bowl but others didn't. The fact remains whether they lit it up or not they still got a ring!!
    All of those guys are from different eras, when running backs still mattered. And, even Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer went to Pro Bowls, so acting like TB is any better than them may be off.

Look at the winners in the last 24 years ... Manning/Newton, Brady, Wilson, Flacco, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Brady, JOHNSON, Brady, DILFER, Warner, Elway, Elway, Favre, Aikman, Young, Aikman, Aikman.

That is 22 Hall of Famers and Brad Johnson (a two-time Pro Bowler with one of the best defenses of all time) and Dilfer (a Pro Bowler with one of the best defenses of all time). 22.

Keep running out there with your Jim McMahon references, Jeff Hostettler references, Mark Rypien references (all Pro Bowlers also BTW) from nearly 30 years ago as if it is relevant to today's 4,500 passing yards league.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast