Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Spielman has put together a great team for us with picks like Barr, Smith, Kendricks, Floyd, Griffen, Rhodes, Diggs, and hopefully Exum. I love our team and the potential we have for dominating the league for the foreseeable future if our O get's clicking.
    I was thinking about this the other day. You have to get quality starters then you can concentrate from the end of round one on getting back up players and player to compete to improve play and replace guys that are going to leave in FA at high $$$$.

We are sitting good. The next few drafts will be for back up guys and guys to mold into starters without the pressure of having to have them start.

Great win today! Wasn't the prettiest of wins but..... Go Vikes!

2. Quote Originally Posted by VikingMike View Post
    And no sacks, which is a good thing...even though Atlanta is last in the NFL in sacks.
    I thought we threw him down once, was it Griffen or was there a penalty on that play????

I think we were playing the back end, making it more difficult for Ryan to make completions. We were concentrating on Julio, not sacks.

Alright Tark... where's that sig

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    I thought we threw him down once, was it Griffen or was there a penalty on that play????

I think we were playing the back end, making it more difficult for Ryan to make completions. We were concentrating on Julio, not sacks.
    Griffen did have one sack. I think they are making the statement that Teddy had no sacks on him.....By the way, been away , way to long. Nice to see you guys still here. Ned.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

I'm really happy this coach Z. has this team winning on the road. That is so important to move forward in the league. Something we haven't done since 98

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

What a fantastic win. Pretty solid play all around. I saw some whining about the O-Line on here, but that is off base, the O-Line were complete maulers in the run game, Adrian had great holes. They also kept Teddy upright a ton. I thought Lynch was really good in commentary about talking about when Teddy has to get rid of the ball and how the line knows that.

All that aside ... great win for our team and our defense. Anthony Barr is a total star. His speed cannot be taught. If he was on a team where OLBs got to rush the QB he would be chasing 20+ sacks, but he is so good at everything he is asked. I cannot believe the luck we had in landing him and his college teammate, Kendricks.

Rhodes and Newmand are a very formidable duo. Throw in a healthy Waynes, Munnerlyn and Josh Robinson as a No. 5? And that is a ridiculously fast and talented crew of corners. That speed at the No. 4 and No. 5 spots is more than enough to handle 4 and five wide sets.

Zimmer flat knows defense. It is amazing to watch against these top flight offenses he has been handling. With Peterson hitting that second gear ... we are actually not just playoff contenders anymore, we are NFC contenders.

Great win, but lets hope for more balance going forward. If AD gets bottled up, Bridgewater and Co will need to step it up. You can't depend that heavily on the run game day in and day out in today's NFL.

Good to see Rudy finally showing up the past two games.

We need an APB on Mike Wallace. So far, IMO, he's a bust.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em

Any win is a good win and a win on the road is great. Vikings and Peterson toasted the formerly number one run defense in the league. It appears as though our OL run blocks pretty well but pass protects not so well. Again it seemed to me like Bridgewater was under heavy pressure most times he passed and had very little time to make his reads. The INT was on him entirely. I don't think he saw the DB and that ball needed to be up higher, so that was a missed opportunity we can't have going forward. Defense was great, holding Falcons to 10 points and not letting Jones hurt us. Big game against Seattle Sunday. Hopefully they'll revert to the average road team they've shown themselves to be. My main concern for this team is if we fall behind in a game early. Doesn't seem we're equipped to come from behind with our mediocre passing attack.

wow... Dad and I were laughing at the 2 min mark.. saying.. ahh fck let them score.. they need a pick me up or we'll see a bunch of dirty birds crying.. serves um right ... kinda..

there isn't much more i can say that hasn't been said already.. but..

AP took the #1 run D.. and dropped them to 10th.. that's... holy !#$%!#$ (side note.. in doing so.. he also helped make up for a crAZY thanksgiving fantasy piont binge ned was raking on me)

Teddy.. doesn't look pretty, but he gets it done.. some great throws! and his int, he was trying a vet type move looking off the saftey... not having some1 there didn't help.. but nice try.. a bit higher and it was rudy's makeup for that simple drop td ..

omg is our D legit.. like.. scary legit! they didn't get many sacks.. but!! they are dominating at the line of scrimmage without Linval even!, making plays, and keeping other teams restrained. we are still making a lot of catchup plays.. and newman though he is an int machine lately.. still seems a bit to slow for me. and the capt'n well.. his int makes up for his lack of speed.
    LB's.. DAMN... just str8 up DAMN!! Barr.. u r who we thought you were!!

i figured once we lost both starting S's.. ahh fck here we go.. but no.. exum and blanton kept the smothering going.. they did rush for 100+ but we stopped the best WR in the league cold..
    Zim has this D playing HIS style defence.. other teams refer to it as the Zim defence.. man o man am i glad we got him as the hc! i still say, we have an allstar group with Zim running the show, and Norv/Edwards relaying his message and tuff style play.

walsh.. we need him to step back into that no phear attitude he had as a rookie.. let it rip and kick away.. quit thinking on those fg's.. just kick the !#$%!#% thing.

8 - 3. and we are still the underdogs.. GOOD! bring me the seachickens! and those desert birds.. it's hunting season and the Vikings are on the move!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

10. Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Griffen did have one sack. I think they are making the statement that Teddy had no sacks on him.....By the way, been away , way to long. Nice to see you guys still here. Ned.
    Wow Neddy is back too,whatsup man? Still on the Philipinnes?
    Gald to see you around again Ned...
    El underdog.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast