Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So…

So…

So… When do we see all these great Rick Spielman draft picks actually win us games?

I've said time and time again, Spielman has a losing record as GM in this league over the past 15 years. I'm always told by members of this site that his players "Just need to develop"… when? When does this happen? It hasn't happened with any team Spielman has ever drafted for, EVER. We lost to a team that Vegas has slotted nearly as bad as the raiders, and for good reason.

Get ready for another long season, Vikings fans. Keep clinging to that idea that Spielman is a good GM, maybe that will help when we have another top-10 draft pick next year, but it's certainly not helping us win any games anytime soon.

Tarkenton10, hope you're ready to put that sig in your profile. We're not going to be any better than 6-10.
    Last edited by C Mac D; 09-15-2015 at 11:15 PM.

Also, I'm no longer sold on Zimmer as a head coach. He might be a great coordinator, but I just don't see any confidence in him. He might become a great HC someday, but he hasn't done anything over the past two years to give me any faith in him.

Norv Turner is an idiot. Been saying that since the day we hired him.

Yeah as really just do not think that he is a good HC so far. But hopefully he will grow as a coordinator. Remember Belichick flopped in Cleveland, now look at where he is at!
    Ready for Christmas!

I was never a Turner fan and he got outcoached badly Monday night. Still have hopes for Zimmer. He's an old school football guy and I think he'll do fine. But I was disappointed that the defense got manhandled by SF. Poor performance by that unit.

5. Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    So… When do we see all these great Rick Spielman draft picks actually win us games?

I've said time and time again, Spielman has a losing record as GM in this league over the past 15 years. I'm always told by members of this site that his players "Just need to develop"… when? When does this happen? It hasn't happened with any team Spielman has ever drafted for, EVER. We lost to a team that Vegas has slotted nearly as bad as the raiders, and for good reason.

Get ready for another long season, Vikings fans. Keep clinging to that idea that Spielman is a good GM, maybe that will help when we have another top-10 draft pick next year, but it's certainly not helping us win any games anytime soon.

Tarkenton10, hope you're ready to put that sig in your profile. We're not going to be any better than 6-10.
    I am ready!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I am ready!!
    yes, the loss was disappointing. but lets not overreact. It was one game. Let's not get all bent out of shape because we got manhandled on Monday night. 1. we never play well in primetime. and 2. its just one game. let's wait until atleast week 5-6 before we start crowning their asses..

also, I don't think we can make a case on Risk Speilman yet... he's had a bad drafting history but he has also drafted fairly well over the years.. lots of young talent.. only fault I question him on is the O-line and the safety position... Sendejo and Blanton?? please!!!

Blog Entries
    Glad this place never changes

Quote Originally Posted by 12purplepride28 View Post
    Glad this place never changes
    This place never changes because the team never changes.

LOL one loss and the first game of the season and faith lost in Zimmer? When was the last time the Vikings played well in a big stage game?? Let alone one on the road...

Harrison Smith has developed into one of the best safeties in the league.

Everson Griffen has developed in to one of the best defensive linemen in the game.

Adrian Peterson has ....

Oh never mind, this is always such an exercise in futility.

This team HAS talent and developed it. If not, it wouldn't have begun the season as Vegas' #11 team in Super Bowl odds.

New head coach, new coordinators, new schemes on both sides of the ball, a lot of new faces on the field over the last couple years,5th youngest team in the NFL with a starting QB who still has yet to play his 16th game ....

So not a complete surprise that they played the worst season-opening game in franchise history.

There will be bumps on this road, especially against a team like the Niners with a new-look offensive scheme. Far too early to say this team will not ultimately prove to be significantly improved over last year's team as the odds makers thought they'd be.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast