Thread: Sully

Sully

Just seen the news Sullivan has been placed on IR. Time for next man up.

Bad start to the campaign

http://mnvkn.gs/0chvZv
    Last edited by Mark_The_Viking; 09-10-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Purple till i die

Not a good way to start.....

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    Not a good way to start.....
    i honestly think the loadholt loss will hurt more, just because he was a beast in run blocking. Berger has filled in admirably over the years. If anyone else gets hurt though, we're in big trouble.

Both are going to hurt. An offensive line that struggled last year has lost its two best guys. We're not the only club with injury issues. Next man up must deliver.

Blog Entries
    Well Berger is no slouch so I'm not concerned about a massive drop off in performance. The only thing may be the understanding that a line gets by playing together, we shall see come Monday.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

6. Good QB hides a bad line. We will see. Both the Packers and the Pats majically get rookie D-linemen to play like pro-bowlers? It is the QB that makes them better.

Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Good QB hides a bad line. We will see. Both the Packers and the Pats majically get rookie D-linemen to play like pro-bowlers? It is the QB that makes them better.
    This is the golden rule. Bad QBs have bad lines and good QBs have good ones. Sure, it is not that cut and dry. There are some guys that are just good no matter what. But, a good QB gets rid of the ball when he has to or eats it, despite how good or bad his line is.

The Packers line has been maligned for a handful of years, but they keep producing. Hell, they won the Super Bowl in 2010 with a pretty bad line that let Rodgers (who is one of the toughest QBs in the league) get pummeled for the two years prior.

It's not as bad as one might think, given that the OLine play was quite atrocious last year. Injuries are often times opportunities to shake things up, get young players out of their comfort zones and develop quickly, see who steps up, and create a "backs-against-the-wall" type bond among the affected players.

I love Sully and Loadholt, but very few players on a football team are irreplaceable, and this adversity might even be a catalyst for the line to make great strides this year.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN

9. Quote Originally Posted by Leafman View Post
    It's not as bad as one might think, given that the OLine play was quite atrocious last year. Injuries are often times opportunities to shake things up, get young players out of their comfort zones and develop quickly, see who steps up, and create a "backs-against-the-wall" type bond among the affected players.

I love Sully and Loadholt, but very few players on a football team are irreplaceable, and this adversity might even be a catalyst for the line to make great strides this year.

LEAFMAN THE PURPLE FAN
    I was listening to KFAN this past week and I think it was Leber that they were quoting from one of their segments, but he was trying to say that getting Clemmings in their and playing may not prove to be a drop off and in the long run with a little more experience might be an upgrade. Basically the conversation was saying that Loadholt is a bit overrated. We will see what happens.

Berger ("Bursh-er" not "Bur-ger") will do fine. I don not think he is an upgrade in the waiting, but he is an adequate replacement with only a minor drop off.

10. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    This is the golden rule. Bad QBs have bad lines and good QBs have good ones. Sure, it is not that cut and dry. There are some guys that are just good no matter what. But, a good QB gets rid of the ball when he has to or eats it, despite how good or bad his line is.

The Packers line has been maligned for a handful of years, but they keep producing. Hell, they won the Super Bowl in 2010 with a pretty bad line that let Rodgers (who is one of the toughest QBs in the league) get pummeled for the two years prior.
    Culpepper = Bad and the line was labled bad. I had the hardest time coming to the conclusion at that time that DC was the problem. Once he was left with mediocre WRs that he didn't trust to get open and were wide open like CC and Moss he was not getting rid of the ball and only eating it or throwing INTs up to the point he was hurt.