1. Why the Vikings can;t save me from RL any more

I'm putting this here because it is really a non-football topic. I've just spent the last five hours reading through the last month or so of accumulated posts since my last visit to the site. It took this long not because of the volume of postings, but rather because my eyesight if rapidly deteriorating and it is very difficult to read the boards without magnification now.

These past two months, my impairment has grown significantly worse, to the point that even watching television is difficult. Thus my topic title, At this rate, I may never again be able to see my beloved Vikings play another game.

In addition the the more common astigmatism and nearsightedness, I am also diabetic, and have recently started having retinopathy because of that. Then, on top of that, I also have a very rare case of what is called Ocular Rosacea, which is essentially an acne infection on my corneas. This last is the biggest problem because it has caused extensive scarring on my corneas. There is no cure at this time other than a corneal transplant, and even this has a risk of re-occurrence.

I am in the process of filing for SocSec Disability, since I can't work due to the vision issues and also arthritis in both knees which prevents me from more physical sorts of labor. I will be seeing an Ophthalmologist soon, to have the required tests and documentation.

I am not looking for sympathy here, only understanding and well-wishes, as I will nit be able to post very much or very often. Sad when I am so close to 1000 total posts here. I still love my Vikings as much as ever, but will have to rely on mostly audio commentary for future information and games.

Thanks for reading. It helps to just get this out instead of brooding on it.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveling_Vike View Post
    I'm putting this here because it is really a non-football topic. I've just spent the last five hours reading through the last month or so of accumulated posts since my last visit to the site. It took this long not because of the volume of postings, but rather because my eyesight if rapidly deteriorating and it is very difficult to read the boards without magnification now.

These past two months, my impairment has grown significantly worse, to the point that even watching television is difficult. Thus my topic title, At this rate, I may never again be able to see my beloved Vikings play another game.

In addition the the more common astigmatism and nearsightedness, I am also diabetic, and have recently started having retinopathy because of that. Then, on top of that, I also have a very rare case of what is called Ocular Rosacea, which is essentially an acne infection on my corneas. This last is the biggest problem because it has caused extensive scarring on my corneas. There is no cure at this time other than a corneal transplant, and even this has a risk of re-occurrence.

I am in the process of filing for SocSec Disability, since I can't work due to the vision issues and also arthritis in both knees which prevents me from more physical sorts of labor. I will be seeing an Ophthalmologist soon, to have the required tests and documentation.

I am not looking for sympathy here, only understanding and well-wishes, as I will nit be able to post very much or very often. Sad when I am so close to 1000 total posts here. I still love my Vikings as much as ever, but will have to rely on mostly audio commentary for future information and games.

Thanks for reading. It helps to just get this out instead of brooding on it.
    This is horrible news TV. I feel for you and hope that they figure something out for your situation.

My thoughts are with you ... and I hope you can find your way around these parts with the aid of a buddy.

That sucks TV. There are breakthroughs every day in medical science. Lets hope something comes along soon that can treat your condition. You may have to get a secretary that can type and read for you. Maybe something cute that fits nicely on the lap...........or at least the lap top.

WWBGD