Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

EARLY best guess for the 1st round?

Just as simple as it sounds... who is your best guess at who the Vikings will target? Try to keep it to people you are reasonably certain will actually be around at 10...

My early pick is:
    Trae Waynes
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...nes?id=2552448

I would embed that into the name if I could, but I suck at linking things.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.

~Napoleon Bonaparte on Politics

Amari Cooper could slip.. If not then Brandon Scherff and take Tyler Lockett in round 2 or 3. He's like a TY Hilton.

Put him in the slot, If Patterson can improve have him and Jennings on the outside. Rudolph at TE thats 4 capable pass catchers with a QB that was slinging it around to 8 WR's/gm as a rookie. Jarius Wrught and Thielen is good depth....

I like the idea of teaming Parker back up with Teddy because of their college experience playing together... but im just not sure if that matters or not and i dont like how Parkers numbers really werent that good even with Teddy. Never had more then 55 catches and never reached even 900 yards in a season...
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

3. You have to remember that this situation is fluid and can change day to day and even minute to minute. But IMO there are three players that may be there when we pick that I would draft right away. Scherff, who I think will help us out immensely and is a safety net in case Kalil doesn't return to form. He also can replace Loadholdt if he doesn't come back and play well. Scherff can be an all pro LG or RT, he can also be a vey good LT if need be. Cooper, who is going to be a very good and fluid WR, we would have our true # 1 WR for years to come. The last one is Dante Flower, one of the DEs are going to fall to about where we pick, if it is him I say we draft him and trade Robison. Other than those three I would like for us to trade back and stock up some more draft choices.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

4. Trae Waynes if they stay at 11.. I don't see a LB worth the pick. I could definitely see them trading down and getting more picks, which is my favorite option..

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    You have to remember that this situation is fluid and can change day to day and even minute to minute. But IMO there are three players that may be there when we pick that I would draft right away. Scherff, who I think will help us out immensely and is a safety net in case Kalil doesn't return to form. He also can replace Loadholdt if he doesn't come back and play well. Scherff can be an all pro LG or RT, he can also be a vey good LT if need be. Cooper, who is going to be a very good and fluid WR, we would have our true # 1 WR for years to come. The last one is Dante Flower, one of the DEs are going to fall to about where we pick, if it is him I say we draft him and trade Robison. Other than those three I would like for us to trade back and stock up some more draft choices.
    Fowler is more suited to be an OLB in a 3-4... He reminds me of a Dion Jordon who is a bust on the Dolphins top 5 pick few years ago....

if cooper, Waynes, and Scherff are gone id trade back or draft landon collins or the LB from Mississippi St and throw him right in the middle of our D

can never have enough corners if you are 4 deep at CB which we would be if we drafted Waynes, then we can beat the packers. i love Josh Rob as our CB4
    Twitter - @Pinfante97

6. Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    Fowler is more suited to be an OLB in a 3-4... He reminds me of a Dion Jordon who is a bust on the Dolphins top 5 pick few years ago....

if cooper, Waynes, and Scherff are gone id trade back or draft landon collins or the LB from Mississippi St and throw him right in the middle of our D

can never have enough corners if you are 4 deep at CB which we would be if we drafted Waynes, then we can beat the packers. i love Josh Rob as our CB4
    You must have him confused with Beasley or Gregory, Fowler (6' 3" - 265 lbs.) has the typical size to be a RDE in a 4-3. I haven't heard anyone talking about him as a 3-4 LB, he is strong enough to hold the point and he could replace Brian Robison. He is the same height as Robison and weighs more than him. Anyway he won't be there when we pick he is going to be a top 5 pick IMO.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

7. IDK but my gut feeling is that Zimmer can coach up D-backs, and so they might be a little lower priority that early in the draft. IF we can trade back and collect an extra 2nd or 3rd and still land Waynes, I'm all for it, just saying, we might shy away from a DB at pick 11. The big guys who can move are rare and harder to come by...maybe a DE or an OL makes more sense. Personally I was really hoping to add a legit veteran LG in Free Agency, but the top guys are all off the market. On the other hand, signing Michael Johnson to a cap friendly, incentive laden, prove it deal could be awesome for our pass rush rotation! And, remove one need from draft day.

I also love the idea of finally finding a true, all around number one WR. Looks like White has the best athleticism, but Cooper has the most complete route tree. Parker also has a good size/speed combo and might have a wee bit of a head start on developing chemistry with Teddy. I would consider any one of them at 11. In today's pass first, flag friendly NFL, you can never have too many WRs who can burn DBs on deep balls...think of all the pass interference first downs we could accumulate!?!! ;-)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

I also love the idea of finally finding a true, all around number one WR. Looks like White has the best athleticism...
    In the last 3-4 years, the Vikings has always gone athleticism over "finished product". You can coach up athleticism if the intangibles are there, but a kid that has maximized potential might have already hit their ceiling... or so the theory goes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    Just as simple as it sounds... who is your best guess at who the Vikings will target? Try to keep it to people you are reasonably certain will actually be around at 10...

My early pick is:
    Trae Waynes
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profil...nes?id=2552448

I would embed that into the name if I could, but I suck at linking things.
    My early pick was Scherff because of his versatility but I think I am with you now. I would go with Waynes and get Tomlinson in the second. Tomlinson is the same type of player but not as good with his feet (Guard only). So I would go with Waynes because I don't see another cover corner in the draft and as I stated we can still get a comparable player to Scherff in Tomlinson. That is the best one, two combo we could get in the first two rounds IMO (Note: Opinions will change as we get closer to the draft).

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-...1-40dd24f7b9d3

If this scenario unfolds, we could get extra picks AND Waynes. I think we are a lot more happy with our receiving corp than they are letting on, so we might be willing to drop back in the draft to give Speilman/Zimmer some extra mid-round picks.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast