Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
  1. #1

    Fanspeak offseason generator - Free Agency and Draft!

    Hey everyone.

    I am a huge fan and addict of Fanspeak.com and their offseason stuff. They have a great Cap/Free Agency generator and a great mock draft generator.

    Today I decided to do the Free Agency first and the mock draft based on how that went and here were my results ...

    Free Agency
    http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=xbxuxk

    Big signings include Suh at DT, Patrick Robinson at CB, Paul Polzlunzy at MLB and Ahmad Brooks at OLB. Also added Amendola at WR with 0% on the hook if he gets cut.

    Kept Adrian Peterson and Phil Loadholt, though restructured them both, which may not be possible in the real world. Did the same with Greenway.

    Added Colt McCoy as No. 3 QB to battle Cassel for No. 2.

    Set to head into the draft looking for offensive firepower in the first round. And depth elsewhere. Especially at G and T.

    Draft
    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premi...t.php?d=sgfvpf

    Was prepared to trade up for Cooper if he fell past the Jets, but somehow they fell in love with Devante Parker in this web world.

    Cooper fell in my lap at No. 11 and the rest of the draft was just for fun as he was my main target after free agency.

    Cameron Irving in the second is a steal and could be the future replacement for Sullivan. Could also help cut some of the deader weight hanging around on the offensive line. Almost took Gurley here. If he comes back healthy he would be great to have when we move on from AD.


    Post yours ... jump in. It is kind of addicting, obviously not a completely accurate portrayal of things ... but fun none-the-less

  2. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    Hey everyone.

    I am a huge fan and addict of Fanspeak.com and their offseason stuff. They have a great Cap/Free Agency generator and a great mock draft generator.

    Today I decided to do the Free Agency first and the mock draft based on how that went and here were my results ...

    Free Agency
    http://fanspeak.com/mtc/summary.php?id=xbxuxk

    Big signings include Suh at DT, Patrick Robinson at CB, Paul Polzlunzy at MLB and Ahmad Brooks at OLB. Also added Amendola at WR with 0% on the hook if he gets cut.

    Kept Adrian Peterson and Phil Loadholt, though restructured them both, which may not be possible in the real world. Did the same with Greenway.

    Added Colt McCoy as No. 3 QB to battle Cassel for No. 2.

    Set to head into the draft looking for offensive firepower in the first round. And depth elsewhere. Especially at G and T.

    Draft
    http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premi...t.php?d=sgfvpf

    Was prepared to trade up for Cooper if he fell past the Jets, but somehow they fell in love with Devante Parker in this web world.

    Cooper fell in my lap at No. 11 and the rest of the draft was just for fun as he was my main target after free agency.

    Cameron Irving in the second is a steal and could be the future replacement for Sullivan. Could also help cut some of the deader weight hanging around on the offensive line. Almost took Gurley here. If he comes back healthy he would be great to have when we move on from AD.


    Post yours ... jump in. It is kind of addicting, obviously not a completely accurate portrayal of things ... but fun none-the-less
    I didn't do the FA part but here is my draft. I do have to say I could have had Cooper in the first round but I thought it was more important to fix our line. If the Vikes draft Cooper that is a good sign that they have faith in Kalil, Loadholdt and our guards.


    11: R1P11


    OT LA'EL COLLINS

    LSU


    45: R2P13


    CB P.J. WILLIAMS

    FLORIDA STATE


    76: R3P12


    WR DEVIN SMITH

    OHIO STATE


    107: R4P11


    RB TEVIN COLEMAN

    INDIANA


    141: R5P13


    DE CEDRIC REED

    TEXAS


    172: R6P12


    QB SEAN MANNION

    OREGON STATE


    203: R7P11


    CB CAM THOMAS

    WESTERN KENTUCKY

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    I kind of like that draft although Collins may be a reach at No. 11. I love PJ Williams in the second and Tevin Coleman in the fourth if we can actually get that lucky in those spots.

    I like to do the offseason first then the draft and see where I end up. Hell, yesterday I signed Brandon Flowers, Randall Cobb, Ndamukong Suh, Jared Odrick and Dawan Landry while drafting Kevin White in the first round also. Of course that will not all happen. But I would like to see the team be aggressive considering they have plenty of cap maneuverability, especially if the do some restructuring.

    A lot of fun to play around on this site.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    I kind of like that draft although Collins may be a reach at No. 11. I love PJ Williams in the second and Tevin Coleman in the fourth if we can actually get that lucky in those spots.

    I like to do the offseason first then the draft and see where I end up. Hell, yesterday I signed Brandon Flowers, Randall Cobb, Ndamukong Suh, Jared Odrick and Dawan Landry while drafting Kevin White in the first round also. Of course that will not all happen. But I would like to see the team be aggressive considering they have plenty of cap maneuverability, especially if the do some restructuring.

    A lot of fun to play around on this site.
    Yeah, Collins is a reach, actually I would like to trade up and draft Scherff IF I WAS handling our draft.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  5. This was weird, White and Cooper were available. I like the film on Parker. Great ability to locate the ball. I could have had Gordon at the 2nd round pick but went with Williams, assuming that Peterson is still a Viking otherwise Gordon would have been mine. Williams is a WR at TE, great hands and footwork. I watched him at U of M play and man he is skilled, toe tapped a sideline catch that was clutch, very athletic. Rudolph? I had higher hopes but he is still good, maybe not utilized correctly in the scheme yet under Norv with the QB change then the injury. Cobb a back up or potential started, NFL career would probably be a 3 yard and cloud of dust player. I was going to take the guy from Boiste St but he was picked a few before my turn. That David Johnson from Northern Iowa did well at the combine in all the drills, skill wise, I would take a chance on him. I was pretty confident about being able to go one more round for Stephone, so I looked through the CBs that were available using the combine write ups and went with Darby. Stephone Anthony looks like a skilled player with potential. I expect him to go higher in the real draft than where I got him. I didn't really like this draft, it just seemed like it was unrealistic how it started out.

    I would also possibly go after Scherff if he was available at 11. I might not even draft a WR until 3 or 4. Maybe Crowder from Duke or Dorsett if available.

    11: R1P11
    WR DEVANTE PARKER
    LOUISVILLE
    45: R2P13
    TE MAXX WILLIAMS
    MINNESOTA
    76: R3P12
    RB DAVID COBB
    MINNESOTA
    107: R4P11
    CB RONALD DARBY
    FLORIDA STATE
    141: R5P13
    ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
    CLEMSON

    Alternative Draft:

    11: R1P11
    OT BRANDON SCHERFF
    IOWA
    45: R2P13
    CB QUINTEN ROLLINS
    MIAMI (OHIO)
    76: R3P12
    WR PHILLIP DORSETT
    MIAMI
    107: R4P11
    RB DAVID JOHNSON
    NORTHERN IOWA
    141: R5P13
    ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
    CLEMSON
    Last edited by snowinapril; 02-22-2015 at 05:05 PM.

  6. I like this one....... I went with CB first. He is going to be just what we need a guy that like man coverage. Got Perryman second. Gurley is a gamble. Conley is a steal, he was beast at the combine. He is fast and he can jump, scouts say he can locate the ball. Fanspeak has Conley listed as 300 something for draft position, after this combine, no way he last that long.


    11: R1P11
    CB TRAE WAYNES
    MICHIGAN STATE
    45: R2P13
    ILB DENZEL PERRYMAN
    MIAMI
    76: R3P12
    RB TODD GURLEY
    GEORGIA
    107: R4P11
    WR CHRIS CONLEY
    GEORGIA
    141: R5P13
    WR JAMISON CROWDER
    DUKE
    172: R6P12
    ILB JEFF LUC
    CINCINNATI

  7. Chris Conley
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ley?id=2552652

    He was in the top 5 at the combine in the dash, vert, bench, and broad

  8. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    Chris Conley
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...ley?id=2552652

    He was in the top 5 at the combine in the dash, vert, bench, and broad
    I would love that draft but the problem is that as we get closer to the draft the two players that are steals won't be by then. I think some club will take a chance on Gurley's measurables before the injury and Conley blew up the combine he won't be there now after the second round guaranteed!!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  9. This will never happen but.......... I couldn't help myself.

    No way Gordon or Williams get out of the first round. BTW, I could have taken Kevin White instead of Parker.


    11: R1P11
    WR DEVANTE PARKER
    LOUISVILLE
    45: R2P13
    RB MELVIN GORDON
    WISCONSIN
    76: R3P12
    TE MAXX WILLIAMS
    MINNESOTA

  10. Quote Originally Posted by snowinapril View Post
    This will never happen but.......... I couldn't help myself.

    No way Gordon or Williams get out of the first round. BTW, I could have taken Kevin White instead of Parker.


    11: R1P11
    WR DEVANTE PARKER
    LOUISVILLE
    45: R2P13
    RB MELVIN GORDON
    WISCONSIN
    76: R3P12
    TE MAXX WILLIAMS
    MINNESOTA
    Very good draft, I would take an OT or DE in the first round, I think Vic Beasley may be there when we pick. He is one of the freaks of the draft. I would draft a WR later, especially if Green- Beckham is there in the second round. You have Devin Smith in the third that we could get, you have Dorsett and Lockett in the fourth and Crowder in the fifth that all will be good players.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •