Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duron Carter

Duron Carter

What are people's thoughts on Duron Carter? He's been visiting a lot of NFL teams but says the Vikes are his #1 choice.

He had a ton of character issues coming out of Ohio State, but it seems like he's turned things around. At 6'4", 205lbs, he has the measurables to be a great WR and has been tearing up the CFL (for whatever that's worth).

Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on Cris Carter's son

2. I hope we sign him, he has the potential to be a #2 or possibly a #1 receiver. Don't think it would hurt us to take a chance on him. We need to let our WR fight for their roster spots.
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, b.u.t. the game always goes on!!

3. I think it would be a good idea, I like competition, sign the talent and let's see who comes out on top.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

We lead the NFL in arrests so whats one more gamble? At least maybe he can help us keep that record. Seriously though, I am in favor of signing anyone that can help us get there.

WWBGD

It would be pretty cool if he was the second coming of CC but not likely.
    Sign him and let the competition began.
    Watched "A Football life" with CC the other day. I forgot just how amazing he was.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

I've not forgotten how amazing he was (or Moss for that matter) since we sure as hell haven't had anyone begin to make me forget since he laced 'em up. We haven't had a receiver as good as Rashad or Washington since Carter and Moss. Maybe AC back in the day. ' Course my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

I would certainly be all for bringing Carter aboard. After last year's lack of development from Patterson and Jennings becoming a year older ... I think WR should be wide open.

I am not desperate (though would still take a stab at Devonte Parker in the first if we get a shot) but I think that more competition couldn't hurt. If Carter comes aboard and is a hit ... then he and Johnson are two guys we got for dirt cheap that can contribute.

8. I have a feeling that Johnson is going to be a beast when he gets a whole year under his belt. He played very well in limited action.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I have a feeling that Johnson is going to be a beast when he gets a whole year under his belt. He played very well in limited action.
    I believe you said he was on pace for 48 receptions, 1045 yds, 11TDs last season (extrapolated over 16 games... )

My prediction is 76 receptions, 1,350 yards, 9 TDs... let's see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    What are people's thoughts on Duron Carter? He's been visiting a lot of NFL teams but says the Vikes are his #1 choice.

He had a ton of character issues coming out of Ohio State, but it seems like he's turned things around. At 6'4", 205lbs, he has the measurables to be a great WR and has been tearing up the CFL (for whatever that's worth).

Just wanted to see what people's thoughts were on Cris Carter's son
    After 2 seasons Carter has the same measurables as Emmanuel Arceneaux or Andy Fantuz, Vikings looked at both and both never made an active roster in the NFL.......but Ponder will be vacating a roster spot

As for coming out of Ohio with issues, well he never completed his freshman year, missed Rose bowl due to academics and bounce around for 3 years after that due academics but did have his biggest season with the Coffeyville Community College and help them to the Coffee Mate Bowl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast