Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    Yah but "hate" is important in this case, I'm feeling it. Watched the last part of Cowboys/Giants.......Romo on a lawn chair in the pocket 8 sec. and he could of stood there even longer. Teddy deserves a fighting chance. Maybe the best bet is to buy in free agency. Or trade AP for the whole OL in Dallas.
    Go ahead back up your to close away.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rockymtdan View Post
    Yah but "hate" is important in this case, I'm feeling it. Watched the last part of Cowboys/Giants.......Romo on a lawn chair in the pocket 8 sec. and he could of stood there even longer. Teddy deserves a fighting chance. Maybe the best bet is to buy in free agency. Or trade AP for the whole OL in Dallas.
    his time was nuts...At this point in the season I'd be all for trading the whole team for QB and Odell Beckham

3. Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsVikings View Post
    his time was nuts...At this point in the season I'd be all for trading the whole team for QB and Odell Beckham
    Sometimes OL picks in the first round do pay off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Sometimes OL picks in the first round do pay off.
    We still have him under contract for another year. I say, cut loadhold or have khalil and loadholt compete for RT job and draft a LT... his mistakes are maddening and the penalties are just unacceptable... this dude is the worst.

Blog Entries
    We have nothing behind Kalil is the problem. He wouldn't be the first rounder to bust, but its an important position

We talked and heard a lot at training camp about how he lost weight in offseason trying to be more speedy and mobile, FWIW.

Blog Entries
    Well I have been moaning about Kalil this season but Sunday never heard his name or number called - that's what I want from our OL as it means they're doing their job. Of course one game doesn't mean he is now going to be an All-Pro but games like that will at least elevate his confidence and on-field production.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

7. You people who are crying and lambasting the payers and coaches are the same ones who cheer for them the next minute. Some already want Norv fired, are you crazy? We played 3/4 of a season with a 2nd string rookie QB, we lose our franchise RB that we built our team around. Top it off we have lost our starting RG for the season, we lost our starting LT for a few games and looks to me like he still has injury issues, we lost our starting C for a few games, we lost our starting TE for a few games and now our RT is gone for the season. There aren't many OC that could score a lot with all those problems all the while trying to implement a new system.

And let's not mention the injuries on the defensive side. We lost Greenway for a while, Barr is injured, Floyd has struggled to stay healthy. I would say our coaches did a great job keeping us competitive in all the games but GB.

Kalil has not looked great but if we draft in the top ten we might be able to get Andrus Peat, that would solve everything, we could move Kalil to RT which is easier to block than LT and trade Loadholdt for a draft pick. I would also try to sign Iupati in the offseason and we have revamped our Oline!!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Some already want Norv fired, are you crazy? We played 3/4 of a season with a 2nd string rookie QB, we lose our franchise RB that we built our team around. Top it off we have lost our starting RG for the season, we lost our starting LT for a few games and looks to me like he still has injury issues, we lost our starting C for a few games, we lost our starting TE for a few games and now our RT is gone for the season. There aren't many OC that could score a lot with all those problems all the while trying to implement a new system.
    With all of that known, Turner still does not max protect or even keep the tight end or back in to block. A five yard outlet pass to a back a yard behind to the line of scrimmage on "3rd and 8" does not do a heck of a lot of good. Keep the back in to block so the mid depth receivers can get open.

Where are the quick slants and skinny posts that destroy vacated zones of blitzing linebacker - especially in the cover 2? Why so many delayed handoffs and draw plays on "3rd and long"? Those are choices that are low percentage regardless of personnel. Norv Turner is doing some things right, but what he is getting wrong does not make logical sense given the players he is working with.

Do not forget that Cassel had a 5.99 YPA and a 65.8 passer rating while Ponder had a 5.05 YPA and a 45.8 rating, and they are both veteran quarterbacks. Adrian Peterson had a non-stellar 3.6 YPC in the game he played. There are different players but similar results.

I'm with Minni on Norv. I'm not sold on him either. I'm going to watch closer to see if we max protect any this week. I don't think we utilize the quick slant enough although I don't have evidence to support that. If executed it's an almost guaranteed 5 yards. I do see many teams keeping the back and tight end in on some long pass situations.

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    I do see many teams keeping the back and tight end in on some long pass situations.
    The Packers have deep plays designed with just two receiver routes. One does a corner-post, post-corner, or double move nine, and the other does a crossing route. Everybody else stays in to block. That is eight blockers on those plays.

One player will peel off his block as an outlet or Rodgers can throw it away to that side to avoid grounding if trouble comes. These plays beat the Vikings for TDs in the first matchup in Green Bay.

The Packers also isolate and attack the deep linebackers in cover two schemes. That skinny post is a killer once the receiver gets to the second level - especially if the safety does not help over the top quickly.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast